Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

If stun bubble doesn't change in 1.6 i'm gone for good.

I'm sure we'll all be just torn up over that.

Statements like yours are like children that lose a game of soccer and threaten to take their ball home. Except you don't even have the ball in this case.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<< First off- objectives in this game aren't built for kiters. >>

Yes they are, actually. A range character that can stay at range can keep a point from being capped by melee indefinitely. Of course, once it gets into 2v1 or 3v1 that ranged character is going to have problems -staying- at range indefinitely, but kiting works very well for those that don't have to channel or sit in some sort of cover stance. Learn to los around a pillbox or a wall or a column and some specs of sorcs are very very hard to kill and very good at defending a node from cappers.

I fixed the situation for you guys that are concerned about DISTANCE

This is what happens in a Sourc x Marauder:

There it is, you can try it with any Sourcerer and the result ill be the same, unless the marauder is VERY BAD.

Just some simple facts: Force Speed has a 20s cooldown, while Force Charge has 15s.

What means: Does not matter how far you run, the Force Charge will always be ready BEFORE your run abilitie.

All marauders will use force choke the moment they see force speed to waste the escape entirely- so that force speed won't get a sorc to 30m- inb4 marauders claiming force choke is useless because it's channeled.

Since we're talking madness spec- you can WW but that fills resolve almost fully, and only if you have no dots up which means you aren't doing any damage to the mara anyway. After that- you have 2 second roots, they still have low CD charge, stealth closer, predation- and potentially either have a 12 sec charge as anni, 2 bonus roots and 15% run speed all the time so you'll never get away, or a bonus gap closer as rage.

I've never let a sorc escape me as a mara, certainly not beat me. Then again- we have a lot of bad marauders in this thread who can't handle a sorc with its big bad bubble, who think dealing 12k damage in 3 seconds isn't any better than taking twice to thrice that time to deal the same, who think a class that cannot be interrupted is on par with a class that is easy to interrupt and very immobile while casting- and is still whining for nerfs on a class that's in contention with mercs and maybe DPS ops for worst damage class in the game.

Sounds like there's just a lot of marauders who need to get good here- course, it's so much easier to whine to BW, so marauders are doing it again- it worked for them in 1.2 after all, when they bawled their eyes out that they couldn't beat tracer missile spam.

Aww, unable to handle the game's easiest interruptable ability with a 6-8 second interrupt and another bonus interrupt on charge?

It's rather amazing how dumbed down they made the marauder- which was once one of the most rewarding classes to play because it was amazing yet you had to really know what you were doing to be so good at it. Now- it's a dumbed down, EZ mode lolsmash class with so much mobility and defensive CDs it's like someone thought of every situation that could happen- and gave a mara a counter for it.

Just waiting for their sniper whining to get them a talent that lets them leap to people in cover.

Since we're talking madness spec- you can WW but that fills resolve almost fully, and only if you have no dots up which means you aren't doing any damage to the mara anyway. After that- you have 2 second roots, they still have low CD charge, stealth closer, predation- and potentially either have a 12 sec charge as anni, 2 bonus roots and 15% run speed all the time so you'll never get away, or a bonus gap closer as rage.

Lol. Bonus roots and permanent speed bonus is on the carnage tree and not on annih. Lolol. You sure you have played a marauder? Lol. Also force speed after a ( bubble) stun might help. Lolol. Please keep on posting, I find them most entertaining. Lol.

Lol. Bonus roots and permanent speed bonus is on the carnage tree and not on annih. Lolol. You sure you have played a marauder? Lol. Also force speed after a ( bubble) stun might help. Lolol. Please keep on posting, I find them most entertaining. Lol.

Lol that's why I said what each spec gets in turn- anni, then carnage, then rage- lol learn to read.

And lolol, bubble stun on madness?- learn to know what talent trees have. Keep being bad and knowing nothing of either class.

When I read some of the anti-Force Static posts I get the feel these people don't actually PvP at 50 with a Sorc/Sage.

For those of us who've done level 50 WZs with a Sorc/Sage we get that our survivability is really a matter of - RUN.

The Force Bubble is one of the ways we run so that we survive longer. Nerf that and we become substantially less survivable than a Merc/Commando. Making us the worst PvP class isn't exactly a good idea.

Lol that's why I said what each spec gets in turn- anni, then carnage, then rage- lol learn to read.

And lolol, bubble stun on madness?- learn to know what talent trees have. Keep being bad and knowing nothing of either class.

Is English your first language? If not it's ok, I understand. And no you didn't say each spec. Learn to write and don't try to cover up, you will never improve. Oh and I forgot the bubble is in parenthesis which means if you have it. I have both instant force lift and bubble stun. I'm sure a mystery to you how.

Edited by MusicRider

Is English your first language? If not it's ok, I understand. And no you didn't say each spec. Learn to write and don't try to cover up, you will never improve. Oh and I forgot the bubble is in parenthesis which means if you have it. I have both instant force lift and bubble stun. I'm sure a mystery to you how.

Is english your first language? You're trying to correct me on where roots are spec-wise even when I didn't say any differently- and now you're talking about a hybrid spec when we were talking about a madness sorc- I'm well aware hybrids get the bubble- which btw this is a thread full of people like you whining about.

Maybe you should read before you nerd rage, kid.

Is english your first language? You're trying to correct me on where roots are spec-wise even when I didn't say any differently-

Really? It's worse than I thought, you can't even read your own posts. Lol. See your posts 579, 581. Lol.

and now you're talking about a hybrid spec when we were talking about a madness sorc- I'm well aware hybrids get the bubble- which btw this is a thread full of people like you whining about.

Applause. Lol.

Maybe you should read before you nerd rage, kid.

Lol. Speaking of rage, kid, see your post 566 towards me. Lol. Tell me you are on red eclipse, I want to add you on my friends, I find you hilarious. Lol.

When I read some of the anti-Force Static posts I get the feel these people don't actually PvP at 50 with a Sorc/Sage.

For those of us who've done level 50 WZs with a Sorc/Sage we get that our survivability is really a matter of - RUN.

The Force Bubble is one of the ways we run so that we survive longer. Nerf that and we become substantially less survivable than a Merc/Commando. Making us the worst PvP class isn't exactly a good idea.

None wants the stun bubble removed from sages, people in this thread are asking to tune down the cc caused by the bubble stun on others. Having 16 people running with on demand bubble stuns on a 17 sec cool down is not really fun.

Interestingly, good pvpers always take the time to study other classes' skill trees so they know how to counter them in wzs...

Can we then conclude that most QQ'ers are bad pvpers? :rolleyes:

Edited by JohnAnconia

None wants the stun bubble removed from sages, people in this thread are asking to tune down the cc caused by the bubble stun on others. Having 16 people running with on demand bubble stuns on a 17 sec cool down is not really fun.

I think BW already said that allowing bubble to be clicked off at will is a bug.

Once this bug is fixed I don't think that force bubbles will be OP any more.

Eg. You say electrocute but he will break out of it, which a good mara won't do cause he knows that a good sorc will follow with whirlwind and take him out of the game for 8 secs, .

Oh, does CC-breaker also purge resolve?

Interestingly, good pvpers always take the time to study other classes' skill trees so they know how to counter them in wzs...

Can we then conclude that most QQ'ers are bad pvpers? :rolleyes:

From the looks of it- have a thread full of QQ about sorcs of all classes- and this kid even says he plays a sorc so I don't see what his excuse is for not knowing these things.

Just did a few warzones with warriors / pyrotech dps vs two bubble stuns. At one point I was bubble stunned 4 times in a row, then rooted for 6 seconds, and slowed to the point of being unable to catch anyone or anything for a good 15 seconds. When I finally caught up to the bubblestun healer, my resolve was gone, and the process started all over again.

At this point I would accept a 30-40% nerf in Rage dps output if Bioware will simply remove bubble stun. Why? Because removing bubble stun makes carnage viable again, and it makes PvP actually fun again for a warrior. No, sorry, smashing someone once every 20 seconds, and being rooted or stunned the remainder of the time is not what I consider fun.

Rage is overpowered in group situations. Ok. We get it. Fine, nerf it. I feel like it's almost guaranteed that it will be nerfed at this point. But please remove bubble stun so that I don't have to reroll or unsub. PvP simply isn't fun anymore.

This is Star Wars, not Stun wars.

Because removing bubble stun makes carnage viable again, and it makes PvP actually fun again for a warrior.

For a warrior yes. But- do you think it's fun for other classes to be rooted for 36 seconds/minute? To have 9 seconds of back to back roots put on them as they watch their resolve bar tick away?

We talk about how terrible stun bubbles are- but a single mara can keep someone rooted for longer than they can move- if they even needed that long to kill someone which they don't.

What we see here is people pretending they are concerned about CC- talking about how horrible it is to be stunned and stunned and stunned by sorcs- which have terrible DPS and extreme squishiness in return- but then we ignore resolve ignoring roots of a carnage mara- why? Because that's a spec many here play.

For eight months we've been talking about how little fun it is to be torn apart again and again, to be unable to move as a carnage mara roots us over and over and over- when is the fun of other classes going to be looked at? Because it seems like it is always coming down to what warriors find fun or not.

You really want to make it look like you guys want something done about CC in this game? Stop asking for nerfs solely to classes you don't play and maybe start to realize your own class is contributing to the CC and the low TTK problems.

It is so easy to keep someone locked down with roots- yet they're still off the resolve bar, and still very plentiful for some.

Regardless- carnage viable? It's pretty much a 'must have one of these' spec for RWZ teams- why not make the DPS specs of mercs, ops and sorcs viable since they are almost entirely absent from RWZ?

Oh right- those are classes that aren't warriors, that's why.

Stun bubble on non-sorcs is op, but those who suffer from it, melee they fully deserve it. The game catered to melee way too much, leaps, roots on leaps, constant buffs across the board, rage spec (that was buffed based on the fact that not too many were playing it, what a stupid decision). Melee are the reason why sniper is the only viable ranged class in this game, everything else is completely useless and obsolete mecause of these glowstick monkeys.

Playing voidstar last night and we came up against 8 sorcs. We managed to plant the bomb in but in the corridor it was stun city. I was laughing so hard because no matter how hard we tried, it took an age to actually move thanks to all of them popping their bubbles.

This has to be THE dumbest thing I have ever seen the pvp dev team bring to the table thus far.

Playing voidstar last night and we came up against 8 sorcs. We managed to plant the bomb in but in the corridor it was stun city. I was laughing so hard because no matter how hard we tried, it took an age to actually move thanks to all of them popping their bubbles.

This has to be THE dumbest thing I have ever seen the pvp dev team bring to the table thus far.

Its as dumb as all the melee using smash. No dumber than that really.

Both of these things need to be fixed. Not one or the other.

I think its funny that when we say bubble stun is OP, everyone screams at smash spec. In case you havent noticed the plethra of smash spec QQ threads, that is where you take your smash QQ. This is a thread about bubble stun. Whats even funnyer is, if you have a carnage mara on you, you are going to die faster than if you have a smash mara on you, yet you dont see carnage qq threads lol.

If you dont wana get smashed, dont stand next to the target of the smasher.

If you are the target, be thankful he is smash spec instead of carnage!:D

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what they do with the bubble, I do hope they make it easyer for sorc to do damage and heal, by way of not being able to be inturpted, or something like that. Knowin BW, they will crank up abilitys to insane levels so that your average sorc can compete and your not average awesome sorc will be doing smash spec damage haha. Then all the marauders will be complaing about how force storm is so OP or somthing lol.

Edited by Lafay