Proposition 505 - Lessen the Restrictions

Nathan_Lexington

I would like everyone to post their agreement that Bioware should lessen their iron-hard grip on the game's core systems and reserve the micro transactions to things more meaningful, and not to every single solitary thing they can limit us on. As said in another post, this is not a free to play, this is simply an extended demo or trial period. I have only seen one other game that is worse with micro transactions than this game, which is MechWarrior by the way (you literally cannot do anything, not even level up without paying with cash except use the trail mechs, and yet they call it a F2P). Micro transactions were meant for the extras of a game, not the very fundamentals of it's functionality.

So please make you post and let Bioware now their grip is way too tight. Please restrict yourself to one post so Bioware knows how many people are in agreement or disagreement to this.

I can handle a pay to win, but not a pay to play disguised as a F2P.

Edited by Nathan_Lexington

Am I allowed to post if I disagree with this? Oh, wait... I did...

I think the F2P rules in this game are fair. It gives you a chance to play the game to 50, try out almost everything, and see if it is a game you'd like to play. If it is, then you are encouraged by the restrictions to pay for the game. If you don't think the game is worth paying for, don't pay, and play with the restrictions. I don't really see the downside. It actually reminds me of the old "shareware" game trials from the DOS days.

Edited by eGraced

It is a little too tight. Just a little.

Problem is, even if they did loosen up a few things, then you'd have people who already paid for some unlocks angry, unless they refund everyone.

Among things I'd suggest: Give another quickbar, raise credit cap a bit, allow players to show titles and Legacy. and hide head slot. At least for Preferred players!

Am I allowed to post if I disagree with this? Oh, wait... I did...

I think the F2P rules in this game are fair. It gives you a chance to play the game to 50, try out almost everything, and see if it is a game you'd like to play. If it is, then you are encouraged by the restrictions to pay for the game. If you don't think the game is worth paying for, don't pay, and play with the restrictions. I don't really see the downside.

Are we allowed to post in the first place? Oh wait, we did.

It gives a chance to play, but who wants to play a crippled game where even basic functions are restricted?

If you think that game is worth paying for it, than pay. I don't really see how it concerns you how others want to pay.

I could not disagree more.

You get to play the story for free, be thankful for that. Consider the ftp as a trial, and buy the game if you like it.

Thankful for what? For not being able using half of my stuff? For hitting a wall every time i want to do something?

I bought a game already. So did many people here. Play the game if you like it? Why are you concerned about our comments?

It's not even free trial. You're allowed for full access in free trials. This is free to look.

Thankful for what? For not being able using half of my stuff? For hitting a wall every time i want to do something?

I bought a game already. So did many people here. Play the game if you like it? Why are you concerned about our comments?

It's not even free trial. You're allowed for full access in free trials. This is free to look.

Sounds like you've already tried the game, like a lot of the benefits and/or gameplay, but can't justify spending money on a genre of game that directly links spending money and continued development. Either that, or you've had a bad day and could use a nap. The "free trial" doesn't apply to you anymore. You have all of the information needed to make an informed decision, and BW awaits anxiously for your response. EA couldn't care less.

I would like everyone to post their agreement that Bioware should lessen their iron-hard grip on the game's core systems and reserve the micro transactions to things more meaningful, and not to every single solitary thing they can limit us on. As said in another post, this is not a free to play, this is simply an extended demo or trial period. I have only seen one other game that is worse with micro transactions than this game, which is MechWarrior by the way (you literally cannot do anything, not even level up without paying with cash except use the trail mechs, and yet they call it a F2P). Micro transactions were meant for the extras of a game, not the very fundamentals of it's functionality.

So please make you post and let Bioware now their grip is way too tight. Please restrict yourself to one post so Bioware knows how many people are in agreement or disagreement to this.

Score since last check:

Too Tight:3 Just Right:3

NO.

You can play 1 character full Story. What more do you want for FREE?? Infinite Warzones and All Operations?

NO.

I bought a game already. So did many people here.

And both you and all these people, PLAYED the game.

You didn't buy it just for the box, you played. And then you left (stopped paying). Now you have a chance to come back and play again for free in a limited way.

Where's the problem? I don't get it.

Basically i have two feeling on this. I would at least make the full user interface available to all players. This is excessive to me. Also I believe if you were a previous subscriber and are ftp you should have access to wearing purples, full ui, that type of stuff but going forward starting with section x you have to pay for.

The restrictions that people are complaining most about (only 2 bars, no purples) are things that don't affect you while leveling. And this game is only providing the leveling experience for free. If you want to do stuff past leveling, then pay for it.

Anyone who says they need more than two bars while leveling is an idiot.

Edited by Smashbrother

They are fine as is.

F2P IS NOT FREE in any MMO. Please stop exaggerating.

And both you and all these people, PLAYED the game.

You didn't buy it just for the box, you played. And then you left (stopped paying). Now you have a chance to come back and play again for free in a limited way.

Where's the problem? I don't get it.

What problem? I just don't like how they did this and I voice my opinion. Where's your problem?

They lost mass money on this game. They need to make some serious cash asap. That is why it is so restrictive.

I enjoy the game for certain things, but they dropped the ball overall. It's an good game, that could have been so much more.

Not trying to bash the game, but it could have been done/managed better that's all.

NO - I Disagree with OP on this one (Mostly)

IMHO - You get the best content for free (8 Story Lines). You want the rest? Cough up the CC's or SUB.

I did agree during PTS that Quick Bars (Was 1) and more PVP (Was 3) needed to be increased. (They did - thank you BW for actually listening to feedback on BOTH)

Edited by dscount

I disagree with the OP.

Seconded.

This is all getting a little silly.

Here's the bottom line - SWTOR is owned and run by a company which is free to make it's product available to the public in any way which they choose.

I empathize with those people who can't justify a subscription for personal reasons, and completely understand the frustration experienced by players who interpreted the F2P model differently than what it is.

But it's really not a democracy - not in this case. This leaves the equation a simple matter of taking advantage of the model that HAS been given, or just pay the full subscription fee and wash away all issues for yourself.

I think instead of a general appeal to lift restrictions, it would be more reasonable to list specific restrictions that are turning players off (which is being done by some in other threads). For example, the quickbar issue really does seem to be a bit over the top - and I completely agree that needs to be revisited by BioWare.

Edited by Leopagne

NO.

You can play 1 character full Story. What more do you want for FREE?? Infinite Warzones and All Operations?

NO.

Where did the OP or any ask for unlimited anything? Stop putting words into posts that weren't there to begin with. Asking for an ease of restrictions is a request and not one that effects you at all. Personally, I think the restrictions are abit too limiting but find the drop rate on cartel packs to be fine. If you truly like the game why would you want there to be more of hook to reel old and new players back into the community instead of casting them out for wanting a more functional F2P experience.

The restrictions that people are complaining most about (only 2 bars, no purples) are things that don't affect you while leveling. And this game is only providing the leveling experience for free. If you want to do stuff past leveling, then pay for it.

Anyone who says they need more than two bars while leveling is an idiot.

I'm primarily referring to things that effect your ability to play, I'm perfectly fine with anything that gives an advantage being paid for.

The more you tighten your grip, BioWare, the more subscribers will slip through your fingers.

Yeah, I went there.

:jawa_tongue:

huh?!

why?!?! I don't understand your logic

the more the grip is tightened, the more incentive it is to pay for the FULLY UNRESTRICTED SUBSCRIPTION

ALL the tight restriction is limiting is the players who don't like the game to begin with that can't be bothered to pay... they won't play otherwise neither ANYWAY...

now those who aren't even paying are asking for what subscribers, who pay monthly get?! ... I don't think that's fair...