why gods of the machine rarely form in fleet?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long did it take?

I start playing late at night, at 10 pm like I always do and finished playing at 1 am, did the ops in between, but also a few solo ranked matches and 2 runs of Nathema solo fps (one takes 11 min, I know that for sure).

Story Mode=Let everyone be able to experience stuff.

Also remember it's repeatable content, some mech would be fun the first time you do it but gonna get annoying when you repeat it with pugs, especially trash mobs.

Yeah but it doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be a cake-walk, that's the problem with some PUGs, they have no idea of what they're doing and want endgame content. I wouldn't mind some slightly fine tuned nerfs but really let's not make everything a cakewalk, it's boring when you can just faceroll through it.

I start playing late at night, at 10 pm like I always do and finished playing at 1 am, did the ops in between, but also a few solo ranked matches and 2 runs of Nathema solo fps (one takes 11 min, I know that for sure).

So it's like 2-3 hours, which is very long.

Yeah but it doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be a cake-walk, that's the problem with some PUGs, they have no idea of what they're doing and want endgame content. I wouldn't mind some slightly fine tuned nerfs but really let's not make everything a cakewalk, it's boring when you can just faceroll through it.

It's not gonna be cakewalk with pugs. Instead it's going to be disasters.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Three runs in 2-3 hours is not very long.

I don't see it happen in all pugs. Even if no afk/wipes happen, one run is usually 45 mins at least.

He said the last one happened at 12:30am and ended in 1am, 99% of the pugs couldn't do it at all. It's some really good team's speed.

Edited by Slowpokeking

GotM got 5 bosses total and IZAX fight is quite long. Plus the puzzle+ long run through the mobs. Pugs doing every boss in average less than 5mins plus doing the rest of the run in 5mins is very very rare. My last run only wiped once on IZAX and took like 1 hour+.

Yeah, IZAX itself is a 15 mins long battle, the whole running/cleaning trash mobs are at least 15-20 mins, it's impossible to do it in 30 mins.

Lying is not a good thing.

Yes, those were pugs, but apparently pugs that knew what they were doing, each time I checked the people so I know what to expect and they all had the SM achievos. People dont join for this just like that. Also after 10 pm the kids mostly went to sleep so only the better players stay.

Its different if you make a group at 6-8 pm than at 10 pm. The groups started also from the raid channel imp side so there are many promising things about such groups. It seems you are joining the wrong groups!

Story Mode is to let EVERYONE be able to experience it, NOT to prepare you for HM, if you want to practice in HM do it in HM, plain and simple.

Gotta love this millennial attitude.

"I'm not good enough to clear some content, but its definitly not my fault. Its to hard, make it easier!"

"Hm our kids these days get bad grades at school, maybe we should make the exams easier."

"Hey can we make that easier, its to hard like that."

NO FFS Kevin, you cant make an open heart surgery easier, just because you graduated with A+ in an education system that didtn have any challenges and didnt prepare you for your job. Because "everyone should get the chance to fullfill his dreams." No Kevin you dumb f***, people will die because of you if you dont get your **** together!

(Sorry to all Kevins, tho)

Seriously, i dont wanna play a game without any challenge and get it done in 2 days. Yeah right, games should be fun.

But theres no fun if there isnt any challenge, aswell as there is no fun if the challenge turns into frustration.

But if you arnt capable of communicating in an MMO to talk about a strategy, move your character to avoid damage and can't press 10 buttons in a specific order to get some damage done (which you can find simple guides to all over the internet), sorry buddy, but you picked the wrong game. Move on or try your best and learn. That can be fun too.

If you nerf SM you gotta nerf HM and NiM, too. Cause the transition from SM to HM would be to shocking for new players, and they gonna get frustrated even more, since SM was no challenge at all and they didnt even had to learn their class or mechanics to clear it. And you gonna lose more players cause everyone can clear every HM and NiM within weeks and after that theres just nothing left to do anymore.Thats absolutly the wrong way.

Edited by mrphstar

Yes, those were pugs, but apparently pugs that knew what they were doing, each time I checked the people so I know what to expect and they all had the SM achievos. People dont join for this just like that. Also after 10 pm the kids mostly went to sleep so only the better players stay.

Its different if you make a group at 6-8 pm than at 10 pm. The groups started also from the raid channel imp side so there are many promising things about such groups. It seems you are joining the wrong groups!

It doesn't matter if you are good or not, the ops is that long. It's impossible to do it in 30 mins. So you are obviously lying.

Gotta love this millennial attitude.

"I'm not good enough to clear some content, but its definitly not my fault. Its to hard, make it easier!"

"Hm our kids these days get bad grades at school, maybe we should make the exams easier."

"Hey can we make that easier, its to hard like that."

NO FFS Kevin, you cant make an open heart surgery easier, just because you graduated with A+ in an education system that didtn have any challenges and didnt prepare you for your job. Because "everyone should get the chance to fullfill his dreams." No Kevin you dumb f***, people will die because of you if you dont get your **** together!

(Sorry to all Kevins, tho)

Seriously, i dont wanna play a game without any challenge and get it done in 2 days. Yeah right, games should be fun.

But theres no fun if there isnt any challenge, aswell as there is no fun if the challenge turns into frustration.

But if you arnt capable of communicating in an MMO to talk about a strategy, move your character to avoid damage and can't press 10 buttons in a specific order to get some damage done (which you can find simple guides to all over the internet), sorry buddy, but you picked the wrong game. Move on or try your best and learn. That can be fun too.

If you nerf SM you gotta nerf HM and NiM, too. Cause the transition from SM to HM would be to shocking for new players, and they gonna get frustrated even more, since SM was no challenge at all and they didnt even had to learn their class or mechanics to clear it. And you gonna lose more players cause everyone can clear every HM and NiM within weeks and after that theres just nothing left to do anymore.Thats absolutly the wrong way.

This is STORY MODE, which means it's made to let everyone be able to experience the content. Of course it should be passable to everyone without too much time and trouble.

Also stop pointing at ppl, this is GROUP CONTENT, which means regardless how good you are, you need a fine group to do everything well, which doesn't always happen among pugs.

HM is for challenge, it's very reasonable that they have a big gap, you just need time to get along with it. Simple.

There is no difficulty level in MMO raid at first, it came out simply to let everyone be able to enjoy the content rather than just serve a small group of ppl, understand it.

right because they didn't have puzzles in SM when raids first came out... :rolleyes:

This is STORY MODE, which means it's made to let everyone be able to experience the content. Of course it should be passable to everyone without too much time and trouble.

Game description of operations from activity finder: 'Operations are complex, challenging missions that require 8 players to complete. Operations require greater player skill and coordination for success.'

God forbid there being any sort of mechanic that can't be ignored, healed through or brute forced. SM Gods is very easily passable if every person in the raid can think for themselves. Shouldn't be too much trouble right?

But the thing is, tunnel vision and poor raid awareness is widespread in a lot of purely SM raiders since many SM raids can be cleared with very little knowledge of mechanics. The very fact that Gods SM drops 242 gear should probably hint that it is, at least, a little harder than story mode.

Game description of operations from activity finder: 'Operations are complex, challenging missions that require 8 players to complete. Operations require greater player skill and coordination for success.'

God forbid there being any sort of mechanic that can't be ignored, healed through or brute forced. SM Gods is very easily passable if every person in the raid can think for themselves. Shouldn't be too much trouble right?

But the thing is, tunnel vision and poor raid awareness is widespread in a lot of purely SM raiders since many SM raids can be cleared with very little knowledge of mechanics. The very fact that Gods SM drops 242 gear should probably hint that it is, at least, a little harder than story mode.

mmm good point with gear drop. I forgot about that part

You've hit the nail on the head, I think we should avoid 3.0 TOS and Ravagers territory but GOTM is fine provided players know what they're doing, plus if someone doesn't has the patience and or skill they could always do the others, SM is a joke now a days and this is coming from someone who never stepped into HM save for TFB first 2 bosses.

And this is Story Mode, which is made to let every ppl do it. You ask for challenge, there is HM, this is WHY difficulty is made in the first place.

Sadly it's not the case, most of the current SM ops are adjusted to be easy, and some pugs still fail at it.

But the thing is, tunnel vision and poor raid awareness is widespread in a lot of purely SM raiders since many SM raids can be cleared with very little knowledge of mechanics. The very fact that Gods SM drops 242 gear should probably hint that it is, at least, a little harder than story mode

We are talking about PUGS. You can't decide what kind of group you are gonna have. And this is 8 ppl group content with strict role requirement, which means regardless of how good you are, you aren't gonna do anything if you can't find a team to do it well on all the roles. THIS is WHY SM is made easy. It's made for pugs and if most of the pugs can't do it well, you gonna adjust it.

As for GotM, I don't think most of its content is very hard other than IZAX, but it's too long and time consuming because of the long run, even if you don't wipe or only wipe 1-2 times, it's gonna take 90 mins at least with pugs, many of them would require 2-3 hours to do it. The trash mob length and tricks needs to be adjusted and there should be a quicker fight for IZAX, at least not let ppl to do it all over again if they wipe.

Edited by Slowpokeking

You've hit the nail on the head, I think we should avoid 3.0 TOS and Ravagers territory but GOTM is fine provided players know what they're doing, plus if someone doesn't has the patience and or skill they could always do the others, SM is a joke now a days and this is coming from someone who never stepped into HM save for TFB first 2 bosses.

Then we got less and less ppl doing it, finding groups become more and more difficult, it's not like this game is gaining players. So ensure the majority could do these ops is a very important issue or pug groups will die out.

I'm playing at Satele Shan server, even ordinary SM ops could take quite long to form sometimes, that's the current situation now.

Edited by Slowpokeking