Comparing the raids to WoW, are operations difficult?

Of the 6 bosses out currently 4 are near free loot on hard mode provided people have been doing the work to gear themselves through hard operations. The other two are easily as difficult as what youd expect from a wow heroic encounter.

Of the 6 bosses out currently 4 are near free loot on hard mode provided people have been doing the work to gear themselves through hard operations. The other two are easily as difficult as what youd expect from a wow NORMAL encounter.

Edited for truth, well not quite i would say HM Soa would be on par with entry level WoW heroics. for sure no where near the harder ones as far as mechanics go.

Edited for truth, well not quite i would say HM Soa would be on par with entry level WoW heroics. for sure no where near the harder ones as far as mechanics go.

Have to remember we have no addons as of yet, and WoW designs all their fights around the assumption that everyone runs certain addons.

Have to remember we have no addons as of yet, and WoW designs all their fights around the assumption that everyone runs certain addons.
Once combat glitches are addressed, here's hoping boss encounter difficulty evolves without having to rely on addons for their mechanics. Edited by GalacticKegger

I would disagree with that, WoW uses the same visual and audio clues that SWTOR does. addons get used by everyone but they are primarily designed for people who cannot adjust to those visual clues. In progression raiding most of your "crutch" addons like DBM are useless because of changes that have occurred since the PTR, timers will be off, it won't pick up on certain abilities.

The people that are relying on addons to defeat encounters are the same people who have already watched a strategy video before they even go into a fight.

WoW designs difficult fights because bleeding edge progression raiders enjoy the difficulty, Yes they have addon's running because they can but if you think they are relying on them I would disagree.

They know their characters inside and out, they can run through their rotations for all situations without watching the timers. They know the fight inside and out because they have done 50+ attempts, they know what abilities are coming, and when they are coming just from sheer muscle memory.

Heh, most of the hard mode flashpoint bosses (4 man) are harder than wow's modern raid bosses.

WOW raids have been getting easier every tier since mid WOTLK, only the end of tier bosses (in heroic 25 man) are hard now. If you have ever played in a top raiding guild in wow (top for your realm that is), you will see how faceroll the game really is and why so many are quitting due to bordom.

Edited by NasherUK

There is no comparison. Hard and Nightmare modes are a joke, the only exception are bosses that are simply NOT doable (I'm looking at you Nightmare SOA). Mechanics for every boss are VERY SIMPLE, as long as your guild knows how to play their class, your golden. There is a reason these things have been cleared in less than a month, considering people had to spend time leveling their toons. Well, Nightmare EV would be cleared if SOA wasn't impossible.

None of these bosses have gotten close to the hundreds of attempts many WoW bosses required, i.e. Mu'ru (Pre-nerf), Kil'jaeden, HM Mirmidon, HM Yogg, HM Lich, HM Ragnaros, HM Deathwing encounters.

These are just a few, and take note Kil'jaeden took around 180 attempts for SK-Gaming to get the world first, and Deathwing took more than 300 attempts for the world first by a Korean guild.

I do not mention Vanilla because there were countless of bugs that trivialized many world firsts, but even then, they took quite a while to beat once they were fixed (C'thul, Kel'Thuzad, Three Horsemen, etc)

Not to mention, countless of other encounters that got close to that 100th attempt mark.

WoW remains challenging in heroic, despite the countless of dumb changes they have made with their classes and the direction they are taking the game as a whole.

Also keep in mind, it does not make you a better guild than the top guilds who did it first, if you beat the boss in less attempts. Why? Because you watched videos and knew the fight from the start, they didn't, they had to learn it from scratch. Nerfs aside.

And in case your wondering, I was a former Premonition raider back in the day. And I actually came to SW:TOR as a non-hardcore raider, the schedule that we have isn't even half of what I used to do in Premonition, and yet progression is going waaay too fast for the little time that we are putting in. In a way, I am enjoying it, but simply because I do not want to go back to the Premonition days, as great as it was, my life doesn't allow it anymore.

Edited by Pintaphilly