Madness build

Talon_Starfire

I'm no good at parsing I've read stuff on forums which just produces more questions.

How are you no good at parsing? It is obvious you have not even tried. If you did, then you would know how ridiculously easy it is. You can go on youtube and people have vids up on how to download and install MOX or MoniTOR or the like 5 other parsing tools out there. Then go hit the target dummy or do dailys and look at your results. Linking build after build is not going to give a better understanding of the class, actually trying these specs and comparing them yourself will answer way more of your questions than biased forum posters.

How are you no good at parsing? It is obvious you have not even tried. If you did, then you would know how ridiculously easy it is. You can go on youtube and people have vids up on how to download and install MOX or MoniTOR or the like 5 other parsing tools out there. Then go hit the target dummy or do dailys and look at your results. Linking build after build is not going to give a better understanding of the class, actually trying these specs and comparing them yourself will answer way more of your questions than biased forum posters.

For one I don't know where the target dummy is and two I'm not very good at math.

6 - 2 - 33. Thats your madness build. Ive respecced maybe 5 times since launch. The build is all around pure dps for PVP and pve. For PVP I also use the force master and stalker set bonuses. For pve I tried force master but its **** so I just stuck to stalker gear. As for dps I regularly do 300k in warzones and have done up to just under 500k. For raids the dps is around 1300 per second not using adrenals or assassinate and I also did that in rakata with some campaign. I've yet to test in full campaign with some dread guard.

Now go try a build.

Edited by Lithium-

6 - 2 - 33. Thats your madness build. Ive respecced maybe 5 times since launch. The build is all around pure dps for PVP and pve. For PVP I also use the force master and stalker set bonuses. For pve I tried force master but its **** so I just stuck to stalker gear. As for dps I regularly do 300k in warzones and have done up to just under 500k. For raids the dps is around 1300 per second not using adrenals or assassinate and I also did that in rakata with some campaign. I've yet to test in full campaign with some dread guard.

Now go try a build.

Would you post the 6/2/33 please?

Thanks

I am currently playing madness and i do 2/8/31 and have a blast. I think its important to not be seen and catch my target so i opt for Obsfucation. You are squishy if focused so becareful on that. 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1 you have to make very good use of your CCs but your damage is good and you have 30% to armor so go balls to the wall and keep your DoTs up.

Find what you like though, I used to roll darkness till i found out i can smash their faces instead of just controlling them.

I am currently playing madness and i do 2/8/31 and have a blast. I think its important to not be seen and catch my target so i opt for Obsfucation. You are squishy if focused so becareful on that. 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1 you have to make very good use of your CCs but your damage is good and you have 30% to armor so go balls to the wall and keep your DoTs up.

Find what you like though, I used to roll darkness till i found out i can smash their faces instead of just controlling them.

Is this what you mean?

Thanks

Thanks to all for advice but I would like to ask how squishy the Madness Assassin is does he drop quickly or not?

Spec madness and find out, respecs are free. Also, any spec that is assassin AC is made more or less squishy by the way the person is playing it. What may seem a little squishy to me might not be squishy to you and vice versa depending how and when you use certain abilities. Free respecs are a wonderful gift bestowed upon us that lets us try out different specs at a whim, use it wisely.

The dummies are on the bridge deck of Ziost Shadow or to the left of the speeder pad in Kaas City that leads to the headquarters for Imperial Intelligence, the Sith chambers etc.

And finally, unless you're doing PvE stop running full Madness specs.

Is this what you mean?

Thanks

I take the 30% to armor instead of the force regen. It deffinetely makes a difference in longevity.

Nothing is wrong with full madness for PvP. That root saves me from tough melee AND allows me to regen health more. Your success depends on how you use the tools you have.

Purely PvP, I'm currently going http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZcGbZcMfRrMkrfz.2 .

I'm using remodded PvE gear for the +15% crit on Thrash.

I may switch Insulation for Dark Embrace when I get full WH, but honestly, I don't think an extra 3.5% mitigation against the most common damage source is that bad.

I know I miss out on dps by not taking either Thrashing Blades or Charge Mastery, but for PvP, I like the mobility, stealthiness and control Obfuscation and Avoidance give.

EDIT: Btw, I LOVE this guy and plan on making him my second main, and it is PURELY for Madness spec. Don't want to do anything else, not even Hybrid. At least for now.

Edited by Diplomaticus

Purely PvP, I'm currently going http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZcGbZcMfRrMkrfz.2 .

I'm using remodded PvE gear for the +15% crit on Thrash.

I may switch Insulation for Dark Embrace when I get full WH, but honestly, I don't think an extra 3.5% mitigation against the most common damage source is that bad.

I know I miss out on dps by not taking either Thrashing Blades or Charge Mastery, but for PvP, I like the mobility, stealthiness and control Obfuscation and Avoidance give.

EDIT: Btw, I LOVE this guy and plan on making him my second main, and it is PURELY for Madness spec. Don't want to do anything else, not even Hybrid. At least for now.

You go 10 points into deception, but pass over 50% increased force regen and 25% damage reduction for 12/24 seconds for Creeping Terror?

Edited by Peillach

You go 10 points into deception, but pass over 50% increased force regen and 25% damage reduction for 12/24 seconds for Creeping Terror?

Hm, I see where you're coming from. I DO find CT very, very useful, but Darkswell is something I've been jealous of... I'll give it a whirl.