Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

/signed with FemJC/Nadia and FemBH/Mako... And FemIA/Temple...

... I really hate most of the romanceable male companions, Quinn and Doc seem nice but I don't have a Warrior and my Knight is male (and likes Kira, thank you!). *facedesk*

Do you have a Trooper? Aric Jorgan rubs some people the wrong way, but hey, give the cathar a shot. :) And if you have a SI, Andronikos might work for you.

Well if they don't announce anything at ComicCon, let's have a Rainbow and Allies protest. Frankly this is getting ridiculous.

I don't know if an actual protest would be the best idea, but I'm all for reminding them that we're here. Sure, I understand "we'll talk about it when it's done", but we've been sitting on that news since March. Perhaps we can start flooding the Q&A request threads again - since SGRs should now be closer to being in the game, we might actually get answers this time.

While I believe in BioWare's assurance that SGRs are still coming and will happen this year, it really would be great to get a few questions answered. Knowing whether or not restarting a character will be necessary to do the SGR would help a great deal.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a Trooper? Aric Jorgan rubs some people the wrong way, but hey, give the cathar a shot. :) And if you have a SI, Andronikos might work for you.

I don't know if an actual protest would be the best idea, but I'm all for reminding them that we're here. Sure, I understand "we'll talk about it when it's done", but we've been sitting on that news since March. Perhaps we can start flooding the Q&A request threads again - since SGRs should now be closer to being in the game, we might actually get answers this time.

While I believe in BioWare's assurance that SGRs are still coming and will happen this year, it really would be great to get a few questions answered. Knowing whether or not restarting a character will be necessary to do the SGR would help a great deal.

Yes! I would agree that we should get back on the Q&A again. When is ComicCon? (ducks flames) :-)

Lastly for those of you who seem concerned that you will be 'tricked' into any romance arc in the game - all romance choices are clearly marked. You will be aware you're making those choices as you make them.

I'll preface this by saying that while I'm straight, there's nothing hotter than playing a female character, who runs around with a female companion that she is also sleeping with (giggidy).

That said, I question Bioware's track record on this a little. I remember playing DA:O, and saying something to Zevran that I fully thought was just being nice, then he started getting all hot and bothered and I thought, "WOAH! I was just being nice there buddy!"

It's likely that I'm just naive to the point of being oblivious, but it is equally likely that unless every option that leads to romance says [Flirt] in front of it, I will end up with one seriously confused character.

I'll preface this by saying that while I'm straight, there's nothing hotter than playing a female character, who runs around with a female companion that she is also sleeping with (giggidy).

That said, I question Bioware's track record on this a little. I remember playing DA:O, and saying something to Zevran that I fully thought was just being nice, then he started getting all hot and bothered and I thought, "WOAH! I was just being nice there buddy!"

It's likely that I'm just naive to the point of being oblivious, but it is equally likely that unless every option that leads to romance says [Flirt] in front of it, I will end up with one seriously confused character.

*fistbump*

That's actually something that BW addressed waaaaaaaaaay back when. People were getting concerned, because apparently the thought of accidentally having a video game character in a homosexual relationship was traumatizing to some of them. :rolleyes: Anyway, one of BW's people stated that the SGR dialogue options would be clearly marked. I figure they'll still have the [Flirt] tag in front of them.

Or maybe OGR dialogue options will be pink or blue depending on the gender of the character being romanced, while SGr dialogue options will be rainbow-colored. ...excuse me while I duck. :D

That's actually something that BW addressed waaaaaaaaaay back when. People were getting concerned, because apparently the thought of accidentally having a video game character in a homosexual relationship was traumatizing to some of them. :rolleyes: Anyway, one of BW's people stated that the SGR dialogue options would be clearly marked. I figure they'll still have the [Flirt] tag in front of them.

Or maybe OGR dialogue options will be pink or blue depending on the gender of the character being romanced, while SGr dialogue options will be rainbow-colored. ...excuse me while I duck. :D

I don't think you should be able to do anything accidentally either way. I can see people not being thrilled with having a character they've put time into go in a direction they didn't intend, which I'm sure happens to people of every slant. I'm not sure I'd thinly veil calling them bigots over it though.

there's nothing hotter than playing a female character, who runs around with a female companion that she is also sleeping with (giggidy).

Of course.

Though, I don't need in-game romances for that b/c I have a good imagination...all my female toons are sleeping with their female companions and no one can stop me from believing that, muhahahah!

As I mentioned before, my very gay female Jedi Consular somehow apparently slept with Tharan (*shudders*) even though she didn't pick a [Flirt] option and flat out told him 'no' and lost a lot of affection...hopefully they fix that crap for all romances.

As I mentioned before, my very gay female Jedi Consular somehow apparently slept with Tharan (*shudders*) even though she didn't pick a [Flirt] option and flat out told him 'no' and lost a lot of affection...hopefully they fix that crap for all romances.

If there wasn't a fade-to-black followed by the companion talking about how awesome you are, I don't think it happened. :D I've heard that Theran just tends to think you're in a relationship even if you aren't, and a later dialogue with him will have him saying your "dalliance" has to end. For a scientist, the guy's a bit of a twit. :p I haven't raised enough affection with him with my JC to get the conversation you've had, but I'm sure the same thing will happen, because my JC is totally saving herself for Nadia.

If there wasn't a fade-to-black followed by the companion talking about how awesome you are, I don't think it happened. :D I've heard that Theran just tends to think you're in a relationship even if you aren't, and a later dialogue with him will have him saying your "dalliance" has to end. For a scientist, the guy's a bit of a twit. :p I haven't raised enough affection with him with my JC to get the conversation you've had, but I'm sure the same thing will happen, because my JC is totally saving herself for Nadia.

I wouldn't have minded it if I had the chance to reply that he's deluded and that there was no "dalliance".

But all my replies seemed to point to the fact that they did sleep together.

Sooo.... Theran basically stealthscrews the female Consular? :eek:

I think it's a bug with his dialogue. The conversation, which should only trigger when you've slept with him, triggers regardless.

Happened to both of my female Jedi Consulars, neither of whom had given any indication that they were interested.

I really think it is just the consular class because like I said a few pages back, Nadia completely trapped me in a relationship and now we are married even though my JC is a big 'mo. Apparently JC companions have some force power that allows them to trick the PC into getting it on with them (force roofie?). My JC finally gave up on trying to convince Nadia there is nothing between them and is now stuck listening to her while checking out every guy he passes. Edited by sprysentinel

I don't know if it's just Consulars. Mako on my BH made our relationship official despite my BH's every protest against it. Now he is trapped in this sham marriage with the least fabulous 'beard' of a 'wife' ever. At least in my legacy he is married to my very male IA so I can pretend that Mako's marriage is a true sham, even if the powers that be won't recognize the fact.

I tried to get the marriage annulled through several complaints / tickets but ultimately was told to cry into my wheaties. At which point I benched the BH :( and have yet to look back. I think it was a couple months or so ago.

Sooo.... Theran basically stealthscrews the female Consular? :eek:

Yeah, you could say that.

And I lost a crap ton of affection with him in the process to boot!

Apparently JC companions have some force power that allows them to trick the PC into getting it on with them (force roofie?).

My JC isn't looking forward to waking up next to Qyzen.

Edited by stuffystuffs

Well that was... underwhelming.

I do hope that someone is recording Bioware's panels for those of us who can't magically make it to San Diego, because god knows Bioware won't post a bloody thing.

I agree that was underwhelming, and definitely less than informative. But as far as I can tell, that wasn't an official panel, and I don't know if it was SW:TOR-centric. Hopefully we'll get more news by the end of the weekend, especially with the companion panel on Sunday.

Also, that happened on Thursday, and BioWare hasn't posted any SDCC news. Hopefully they'll do a big post once the convention is over. If not, well, that's just not cool.

The part about story content coming "in the next year or so" worries me, though. I know that time period includes the rest of this year, but if BioWare goes back on its statement that new story content and SGRs will happen this year, I'm going to be really upset. I understand that things don't always go as planned, but they shouldn't have made that statement if they couldn't back it up. We shall see. :(

Edited by MusedMoose