Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

EricMusco

Eric, please address what will happen to our current stashes of UCs. will they be doubled just like everything else, or should we use them before 5.6?

Yes, that’s a good point... thanks for bringing that up

Essentially if they don’t double them, those UCs end up being worth half as much after 5.6...

I hope there is a response to that question on Monday so that people can plan...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why PVPers hate PVE players joining warzones and wish rather for longer waiting queues than insta-pops. When we had thought Republic PVPer base on Red Eclipse could not get worse, along came server merger.

I agree. I know it's a pain for those that truly love PVP but with how bioware designed it with PVP being the best place to get a bulk of UC and you get them win or loss. It's not going to get better and is likely to only get worse.

UC allow you to upgrade items and the bulk of content in PVE that gamers can do and clear without wasting time gives no lump sum of UC or any UC at all.

Thats a major problem and until it's fixed I'd expect more PVE gamers that do not care for PVP to be in WZs and their in there just for the UC, not for the entertainment PVP might bring.

To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric

Lord Musco, I thank thee for your quick and clear reply /bow :D

It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric

So, two questions for you or Keith,

Does this confirm new player ships / ship stronghold types and that our alts that havent completed the story will be able to access their ships?

Eric, please address what will happen to our current stashes of UCs. will they be doubled just like everything else, or should we use them before 5.6?

You mean that my meager 5 UCs will be 10, then ?

Well ... that sounds good, that at least, even though I won't be able to buy anythiung from that ...

Here's my thoughts on the doubling of the costs...

It sucks for those of us who currently have them built up because our stacks will be cut in half...but...it won't have any long term impact on us because ours come from WZ's, which are doubling as well, so the crates will simply supplement our PvPing acquisition.

That being said...the real issue in all of this is that the costs are STILL too high...they've ALWAYS been too high...maybe now we can get some PvEers to understand just how stupidly expensive the system is.

You don't have to explain that to PvE'ers. I totally see that but the problem is that Bioware has to talk the more hardcore players into account that just gain way more currency than the average player.

If you have stacks of UCs on your account now that you cannot spend, that's not an achievement but a problem because it's a measuring point that Bioware has to take into account. One person's impossible is another person's yawn. It just gets messy because BW made all gear the same but PvE'ers already figured out that UCs are only worth it for 248 gear and therefore come to warzones to mess around and get UCs in the process.

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric

What about UCs that we currently own?

Will you double them when you do the conversion to tokens, or will they be worth half of what they are now?

So, two questions for you or Keith,

Does this confirm new player ships / ship stronghold types and that our alts that havent completed the story will be able to access their ships?

im just curious on how what he posted implied new ships/stronghold types or current alts accessing ships. He states clearly that it can be used on a toon to up them to 70 and puts them on the class ship regardless of their point in the class story. no where in that post does it imply new ships or new strongholds or ships being strongholds. simply that it places the toon on the ship.

That is why PVPers hate PVE players joining warzones and wish rather for longer waiting queues than insta-pops. When we had thought Republic PVPer base on Red Eclipse could not get worse, along came server merger.

wait until you see the pve player base get back to ranked pvp to gain the new upcoming crafting materials for those new fency legendary 236 augments with power as third stat. those materials come salong with ranked pvp weekly and dailies...

wait until you see the pve player base get back to ranked pvp to gain the new upcoming crafting materials for those new fency legendary 236 augments with power as third stat. those materials come salong with ranked pvp weekly and dailies...

Yup... this so much. I hate PVP - but I want my Augment materials. So guess what? Some very unhappy people with me in ranked as I'm not a PVP player. Don't blame me - blame Bioware as they are forcing us to do that content so a certain person gets a bonus check for increasing the PVP use in the game or gets more funding to make more maps.

Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):

• New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Will those of us who currently have outlander tokens be able to trade or convert them for the Master’s Datacron? Alternatively. will you be granting 1 per account as in the past?

If you don't have any gear to upgrade, then that's your mistake. I don't know actually how you can have no gear to upgrade. I have lots of shells that I saved just so I can upgrade them and I mean lots.

How can you play this game and apparently have a lot of UCs now and not be able to spend them? Sorry but I find your premise that you have no gear to upgrade rather unbelievable. Either you have all your characters on 248 gear (and then it no longer matters cause then all your UCs are pointless) or you do have characters that still need gear upgrades. So either way your argument does not hold as far as I'm concerned.

How is it a mistake? If the idea is to level every single one of your alts to the point that they can get shells to upgrade, why bother making the currency legacy wide? I'm sorry, but this is not a mistake on the part of the players, it is another example of Bioware changing something without thinking of the impact on the players.

I have gear to upgrade - on the characters I've gotten to rank 300. 8 of them, actually. But the characters that I use for PvP are not necessarily the same and therefore they have the UCs but not necessarily the shells. I don't know how you can't understand this, honestly.

By your logic, making this currency legacy wide has zero point.

I'm sure there are some people who in their individual situation have stacked up on UCs but really what is this effort they put into it? UCs are gained for showing up in warzones. I do not believe in this effort. You can gain some extra from being a good player but most UCs come from daily/weekly rewards and simply showing up. I am not impressed by that "effort" at all.

Yet you don't put forth that effort either. Your input on the situation is becoming less valuable every time you post here. This is not a situation you are in, and it's obviously not one you care about either. So why bother? Just to drive the knife in a little further?

Some of us have done the thing that you refuse to do and queue'd for warzones and participated (not just "showed up"), and we are now being cut in HALF for that effort. It's not nothing, and just because you don't agree with it or have the problem yourself... it doesn't change the facts.

I suppose you can keep trolling and belittling if you want, but think about it this way: If by adding the legacy bank credit storage they said they were going to be cutting your current credits in half, would you feel the same way?

Yet you don't put forth that effort either. Your input on the situation is becoming less valuable every time you post here. This is not a situation you are in, and it's obviously not one you care about either. So why bother? Just to drive the knife in a little further?

Some of us have done the thing that you refuse to do and queue'd for warzones and participated (not just "showed up"), and we are now being cut in HALF for that effort. It's not nothing, and just because you don't agree with it or have the problem yourself... it doesn't change the facts.

I suppose you can keep trolling and belittling if you want, but think about it this way: If by adding the legacy bank credit storage they said they were going to be cutting your current credits in half, would you feel the same way?

I don't feel it's fair to go to warzones and mess around and basically ruin the pvp experience for others. So I don't. It's not about not wanting to put in the effort as you seem to indicate but simply that I do not feel right about ruining the pvp for pvp'ers.

It's very easy to accuse me of trolling just because I have a different viewpoint, by the way.

The whole PvP system is as I understand it, is set up that you can start with 230 gear and work your way up. So you always have shells that you can upgrade till all your toons are 248. Is that not a fact? Or am I saying something incorrect here?

So unless you have everything on 248, you do have shells you can upgrade. Of course if you rip the mods out to give to an alt and use the empty shells...well, you can do that but then you gimp yourself on your alt that used the mods and has no shell for it. You can consider that a fault in the system on Bioware's side but you can still upgrade 230 gear all the way up to 248 if you choose to and that's how it's set up.

Tell me if I'm wrong but as far as I know it's a fact that you can upgrade shells starting at 230 all the way up to 248.

I don't feel it's fair to go to warzones and mess around and basically ruin the pvp experience for others. So I don't. It's not about not wanting to put in the effort as you seem to indicate but simply that I do not feel right about ruining the pvp for pvp'ers.

It's very easy to accuse me of trolling just because I have a different viewpoint, by the way.

The whole PvP system is as I understand it, is set up that you can start with 230 gear and work your way up. So you always have shells that you can upgrade till all your toons are 248. Is that not a fact? Or am I saying something incorrect here?

So unless you have everything on 248, you do have shells you can upgrade. Of course if you rip the mods out to give to an alt and use the empty shells...well, you can do that but then you gimp yourself on your alt that used the mods and has no shell for it. You can consider that a fault in the system on Bioware's side but you can still upgrade 230 gear all the way up to 248 if you choose to and that's how it's set up.

Tell me if I'm wrong but as far as I know it's a fact that you can upgrade shells starting at 230 all the way up to 248.

You're incorrect. The only shells that are able to be upgraded are the gold ones: 236 to 242, and 242 to 248. You don't understand how this works, apparently. The purple shells cannot be upgraded. You have to wait for specific gold pieces to drop from crates that you don't start getting until Tier 2 (doing PvP or any other activity) or get them directly from operations bosses (your personal tier irrelevant then because it's a boss drop), and then have the UCs on that particular character because boss drops are Bind on Pickup to upgrade them (again, UCs currently only attainable from PvP). So - if you are doing anything on alts, this system will screw you one way or another. They were going to fix that by making the UC currency legacy wide, and we were glad for that... but not at the cost of HALF of the UCs we have earned previous to 5.6 but won't be able to use until 5.6. So we can't use them, and we will be forced to wait until they cut the value in half for the privilege of using them legacy-wide. It's a terrible trade off.

[Edited to add: No one upgrades 236 to 242 to then later upgrade that to 248. It is prohibitively expensive and that cost is about to be doubled, plus the UC value that we've earned BEFORE 5.6 is going to be CUT IN HALF - the whole reason I have a pretty major problem with this!]

Tier 1 characters have zero opportunity to use their UCs unless they get gear shells from operations. It isn't until you get to Tier 2 that you have the opportunity of getting a 236 gold piece from a crate that you can then upgrade.

Trust me, you do NOT want to go into a PvP match in 230s unless you like being continually global'd into the ground. So OF COURSE you use legacy shells with mods/enhancements/set bonus armorings from the characters you have at rank 300 because otherwise you're toast.

Plus with legacy gear, why would you have 3 sets of the exact same thing? So necessarily you will have different pieces on different characters, depending on their luck of the draw with RNG. And just because you have the shell for that piece doesn't mean you have the UCs to go with it, or vice versa.

None of this has anything to do with PvP, apart from the only way to currently get UCs is to do PvP.

And I'm not calling you a troll because we "disagree". I feel you're trolling because you obviously don't care about this, it does not affect you, and you seem to just be posting to be contrary... which is not helpful to the situation at all, especially when you don't really understand it to begin with.

Edited by PennyAnn

New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.

Is this an Item we have to buy in the Cartel market or will we get one for free when 5.6 launches plz some more info on this would be great ^_^. because i know when when KOTFE launched u gave everyone one free lvl 60 or 65 token at that time so im wondering if the same thing will happen here as well. Thank you for all the hard work you guys do as well ^_^ :rak_03:

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even,

Why wasn't it just left as a tracked currency item? This way I don't have to take up a storage slot for it, nor do I have to go to my Legacy storage to get it, track it, or move it from toon to toon. Thanks for all the extra work that I did not have to do before. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it is an annoying inconvenience now.

I don't understand how you can say that it "totally breaks even", Doubling the cost far exceeds the minimal amount gained by doubling the reward. The reward is so minimal that I once calculated that it would take 100+ WZs to accrue enough UCs to buy 1 piece of Tier 4 gear. Nothing has been done to address this. The grind is horrendous, it is loathed universally. There needs to be more areas to gain the UCs than just WZs.

In addition, something needs to be done about Command Crates. The drop rate of tier appropriate gear is far to small. This coupled with the rate at which duplicate "bind on pickup" pieces are given, makes the grind even more aggravating. I opened 33 Tier 4 Command Crates the other day, received 2 pieces of Tier 4 gear, both of which I already had. To put that in perspective, I only have 3 pieces of Tier 4 gear on that particular toon. The frustration level this brings out, is enough to make a person want to bang their head on their keyboard. Please, address the grind. And thanks for making UCs Legacy bound, but you could have gone about it in a way that was more user friendly.

One person's impossible is another person's yawn. It just gets messy because BW made all gear the same but PvE'ers already figured out that UCs are only worth it for 248 gear and therefore come to warzones to mess around and get UCs in the process.

If you only come to WZs to "mess around", do us all a favor and don't. Why not play if you are going to be there anyway. Yes it's hard, but that is half the fun. If you can't contribute, get better. Either do, or do not.

How elitist of you. The problem isn't PvE only players coming to PvP, that is too broad a brush. The issue is with those that don't want to put in any effort. I do both, I enjoy both. IMO, everyone should play, regardless of ability level. The only way to get good at something is to practice, learn from your mistakes. Having the opinion that you get paid, win or lose, is not a bad attitude to have, it keeps you from throwing your mouse through your monitor when you lose. It keeps you from rage quitting half way through a match because you don't like the team you were randomly placed on. If you are just in PvP to stand around and do nothing, don't want to learn, and are only there for the UC's, don't play. You will have command crate disintegration for UCs now. But, if you are a PvP player that has the attitude of "Us four and no more", you are part of the problem. Lose the elitist attitude and play the game.

If you only come to WZs to "mess around", do us all a favor and don't. Why not play if you are going to be there anyway. Yes it's hard, but that is half the fun. If you can't contribute, get better. Either do, or do not.

I do not understand this reply. I've explained various times that that's the reason I do not come to warzones.

PvP is not hard, it's just not set up in a way that I would enjoy. That's all, so I stopped going to warzones quite a while ago. I can contribute and I wasn't that bad at it when I did play. Certainly not a top player but I could make it to the top of the match board and I have a good understanding of the objectives and what does and doesn't work.

But too many people don't and I felt it boring as it was since PvP is very one-dimensional in this game. So I stopped doing it. With GC there was a reason to try it again but then you already had people not caring about the objectives and all that so I had the option to join in and just mess around or stay away. I chose to stay away.

Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double.

Will our currently owned UCs be doubled as well when they get transformed to inventory item instead of Currency?

Also, as a sidenote, why are you guys changing them to be an item instead of legacy-bound currency like Command Tokens?

You're incorrect. The only shells that are able to be upgraded are the gold ones: 236 to 242, and 242 to 248. You don't understand how this works, apparently.

Ahh, well that's a big flaw in the system then. As I said I haven't bothered with it since I don't feel PvP is fun in this game and I don't want to ruin the fun of others.

So if I understand it correctly you're actually stuck with loot crates to get 236 gear to upgrade or you have to do sm ops. Well that's definitely a stupid and unfair set up. I agree with that.

And I'm not calling you a troll because we "disagree". I feel you're trolling because you obviously don't care about this, it does not affect you, and you seem to just be posting to be contrary... which is not helpful to the situation at all, especially when you don't really understand it to begin with.

That's not trolling and it's a false assumption. It does affect me but in a different way. UCs are a currency that is seeping over into the PvE side more and more. It's problematic for me also as a PvE'er that other PvE'ers go to warzones and have better gear than I do because I don't PvP. UCs from crates will give me a chance to upgrade to 248 as well at least on my mains and so I can stay away from PvP. Of course they'll probably "force" PvP on us some other way.

But I incorrectly assumed that you could upagrde 230 gear and that's why I didn't see the issue, now I do.

Edited by Tsillah