CXP and Daily Areas throughout September

KeithKanneg

Hey all,

Recently, we have had more maintenances than normal. This was compounded by our update issues last Thursday which led to over 10 hours of maintenance. Thursday’s issue along with the extra downtime have impacted all of our playtime, and they especially are bothersome when you consider how much XP and CXP you lost from the Double XP/CXP event was running along with the over the top CXP for Daily Areas. So, to make sure your characters can take advantage from both, here’s what we going to do:

• Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
  • The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5. I’m personally leveraging this as a means of playing my other toons and raising their Command Rank to 300. Honestly, it’s been a lot of fun seeing so many other players taking advantage, too.
    • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Again, I want to thank you all for your patience the past couple of weeks.

Keith---

I do not see how this is compensating for the downtime incurred, the lost time I pay for. This is not compensating me for that, all you have done is added an event (which you probably would have done to advertise 5.5). And delayed fixing a "bug" as you realise if you screw it up again it would be pandemonium.

So how about announcing some formal compensation please for the time lost.

And I guess I should probably remind you (as its taken you 8 days to announce non compensation) that compensation not only covers the lost time but also should compensate for the inconvenience.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Recently, we have had more maintenances than normal. This was compounded by our update issues last Thursday which led to over 10 hours of maintenance. Thursday’s issue along with the extra downtime have impacted all of our playtime, and they especially are bothersome when you consider how much XP and CXP you lost from the Double XP/CXP event was running along with the over the top CXP for Daily Areas. So, to make sure your characters can take advantage from both, here’s what we going to do:

• Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
  • The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5. I’m personally leveraging this as a means of playing my other toons and raising their Command Rank to 300. Honestly, it’s been a lot of fun seeing so many other players taking advantage, too.
    • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Keith---

Sounds great! I look forward to hearing more about 5.5 as well! I'm crossing all my fingers in hopes that my favorite companion will be returning. Okay, I have to uncross them to play, but you get the idea, lol.

Hey all,

Keith---

Thanks for this! Anxious now to know when 5.5 will be out.

Dear Chancellor Keith,

The Crisis on Umbiowara continues .....

The Darkness of no communication about introducing (reintroducing) the Biochem reusable stims, adrenals, medpacs shrouds all of the propaganda talk about the Daily CXP Bug.

!The Galactic Senate Community demands official chancellor stand about this topic!

The introduction of another Stronghold without increasing the max SH cap have created shallow and DOA ( or Dead On Launch) content, flashpoint. At least it is not as Dead as Iokath Daily Area.

Creating death in content and smuggling stolen adegan crystals means only one thing......

THE DEATH STAR EXPANSION is COMING soon.

It would be more evil, deadly, and malicious then The Infamous Order 66 (GC) the introduction of Galactic Command.

THE DEATH STAR EXPANSION is soon. going to kill all Rebel Scum that tries to grind CXP faster then EAmpire allows.

Lord Keith,

Your comment would be much appreciated:D

It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Tips/thoughts:

• Give us a monthly schedule in advance, or at least 2-3 weeks notice, and have the bonus period last at least 3 days (ie: FRI-SUN) ideally weekends, every 3-4 days, or just every week.
  • Alternate bonuses to CXP, such as: Operations, Flashpoints, PVP / GSF, Stories, Heroics, Dailies.
  • Do not make it a "random" bonus (ie: Making one PVP map the bonus map would piss people off, because you cannot select your PVP map) but rather give players the ability to plan ahead ("3x CP for PVP on the 12th-15th? Awesome!")

For instance, I would LOVE a weekend with 2-3x CXP on Operations - I'd be happy to get back into raiding and that would be the best way to incentivize a large portion of the community to raid.

Edited by Goare

I'm really happy about this. I'm a pretty casual player and I also don't like operations and raiding, so the boost in CXP has made it possible for me to actually gear some of my characters who have been using green and blue drops. Glad you guys are considering raising it permanently. And thanks for the extended boost. <3

People will find the path of least resistance..That is to say the fastest way to gear up will be the most popular. I am glad that the dailies are worth doing once more. I hate to see parts of the game abandoned as worthless. We all want to gear up fast and enjoy the more challenging parts of the game. So its natural that less profitable and more grindy parts of the game are overlooked. There is so much of this game to play and keep everyone occupied. It is nice to see this decision being made to keep the better rewards for older content, sure its at a higher rate than you originally wanted but isn't it more important that people enjoy themselves with varied and worthwhile game play? I used the dailies to do some gearing but I also didn't forget operations and war zone too, because of this the journey to max cxp level was (this time around) far more enjoyable.

At last!!!! Signs of Wisdom, Logic, and intelligence from Bioware.

All i can say is thankyou for realising that the cxp daily bug is actually just the right amount those missions should be awarding. All you have to do now is bring everything else in line.

• Dev Post
See, your whole post and this is what stood out to me the most in all of it. I accept that the team may well be looking at CXP rewards Keith and welcome that. However with that said, if you think that the CXP gained for dailies was "over the top" then perhaps I think the team is missing the whole point here.

You really should start asking yourselves why players flocked to do dailies for CXP, perhaps I could suggest an answer to that but I would prefer you came to the natural conclusion among yourselves.

I would also like to thank the developer that introduced this bug, they should receive a bonus for doing so, and if they would be so kind to introduce this bug to every other area of the game that rewards CXP, I highly doubt you would receive any complaints from the community. I'll let you mull over that.

You're actually reading way too much into that part of my post as we all agree with the sentiment everyone has communicated. Overall, we concur with the comments about CXP rates, incentives, and having areas of the game with high CXP values is very motivational. We also fully understand the positive impact it has had for everyone.

We know if Daily Areas are the only place to get great CXP, then rest of the content in the game gets ignored and eventually everyone will burn out. Hence, we need to make sure you can benefit from all areas of the game. We're reviewing when we can get that effort done.

-Keith--

You're actually reading way too much into that part of my post as we all agree with the sentiment everyone has communicated. Overall, we concur with the comments about CXP rates, incentives, and having areas of the game with high CXP values is very motivational. We also fully understand the positive impact it has had for everyone.

We know if Daily Areas are the only place to get great CXP, then rest of the content in the game gets ignored and eventually everyone will burn out. Hence, we need to make sure you can benefit from all areas of the game. We're reviewing when we can get that effort done.

-Keith--

Very good plan Keith - thank you for giving more details to your thinking.

-Keith--

Keith, evening it out at a SUBSTANTIALLY higher rate wouldn't be bad, but better would be to take it out of gearing entirely. The entire end game gearing is a mess. I HATE PVP with a passion, but I end up having to do it to upgrade gear. Then you nerf the one end game character I had to the point my team can't complete content, so I had to change characters and start it all over again. To say I am dissatisfied would be an understatement. You still have several pieces of BiS gear that can't be gotten any way but PVP. There's a problem there. You basically told us to screw off when we told you we wanted 248s from all NiM bosses (you said that wasn't an option you put forward.)

I used to love to play SWTOR. Then 4.0 hit and things started downhill at a pretty good rate. No end game, no content worth repeating, etc. Then 5.0 hit with your GC gearing and it totally tanked. I can't stand SWTOR at this point. I play because I like to play with my wife and she's a GM of a very old guild and I play because my raid team hasn't followed the rest of the raid teams and gone to another game. I like playing with the team and my wife, so I'm here. But I hate it. The game is no longer fun in and of itself. It's just a grind. The new ops bosses are poorly tuned, with the nerfs some of the old bosses are poorly tuned (Styrak anyone?) and there's little fun in beating against content that the numbers say is basically impossible with the tunes in the group. I don't know who makes decisions at BW, but they really need to do some serious rethinking. Making the grind impossible by nerfing classes below the threshold to complete content isn't a way to keep people playing anymore than a stupidly long grind is.

The CXP "bug" is the best GC has been since the system was announced. The spike in players participating should give you a real clue about how much people don't like the basic form of the game as it stands now. Make GC something fun for solo players so they can get better gear, but give a way to get gear without it. Give us back a system similar to 4.x. Give all NiM bosses NiM BiS gear. Stop with the attempts to make the grind longer to keep people around. By now you should have more than enough data to show you that such a system didn't work.

Yep every day past week you get some muppet not willing to wait their turn and just ninja the quest objective. Even had some guy shout at me insisting im using exploits when im just standing there waiting for an item to respawn so i can complete a daily - And thats after I waited until midnight to do the damn things hoping everyone had gone to bed!

I despise dailies that have open world objectives. Make the objective instanced or permanently spawned. Otherwise all they do is generate toxic environments for everyone.

I agree, I would much prefer instances or permanent spawns. If the darn objectives would just stay lit for players who need them it would make everyone's life easier. Some other players don't have any manners, and it's frustrating. My characters and companions end up getting bruised up because I'm so desperate to hit those objectives before they can be ninjaed that I don't clear the mobs first.

And there have been a few times lately where another player has clearly been waiting for me to clear an area for them. It's really fun to watch their reaction when you do something like sit down, go to sleep or dance with your companion instead. :D

Grouping really isn't the answer for this either - it's pointless to group for things I can easily complete on my own.

-Keith--

You guys keep saying one thing and then doing the opposite, you recently nerfed Black Talon/Esseles, you also nerfed that one uprising people did the most, a few people farmed some mobs to death and mob cxp was nerfed all across the board.

You keep saying crate acquisition should be fast, but nerfing the fastest ways of getting crates.