Servers To ??? From ???

Nippon

Just wanted peoples opinions....

Im under the impression that a majority of servers are in the same boat, around 40-50 players in fleet at peak times during the week and 100+ on weekends, some have more the majority have less and are already dead.....not that this justifies actual players on a server but it is a benchmark.

As a player who participated in guild launch, and early access im wondering if the Original servers as of 12/12/2011 will be the server transfer to servers, My server was one of these, is still very active so im hoping i guess that the Devs will use these as the retaining servers, and filter out any created after 12/12/2011.

Personally i did everything that Bioware asked with Guild Launch and Early access so i could retain my name and guild prior to launch. I wont be very happy if it becomes a Transfer from server and would like a little clarification to the Devs plans....???

Thoughts...

I think that actual high population servers (i.e. standard <-> full population during peak hours, about a dozen for the US servers) will be among the destination servers for the transfers. It wouldn't make sense at all to migrate those populations. They are already healthy servers and they will probably let players from some selected "dead" servers joining them.

So, if your actual server is at least standard most of the time during peak hours, I think you will only have to welcome many hundreds / thousands players from the other servers.

I think that actual high population servers (i.e. standard <-> full population during peak hours, about a dozen for the US servers) will be among the destination servers for the transfers. It wouldn't make sense at all to migrate those populations. They are already healthy servers and they will probably let players from some selected "dead" servers joining them.

So, if your actual server is at least standard most of the time during peak hours, I think you will only have to welcome many hundreds / thousands players from the other servers.

Well it is still a well populated server and i believe most of the Original servers are as well..

But it doesn't solve the issue. A lot of people participated in Guild Launch upto 3 months before the game launched to make sure they got their desired names and Guild names.

Im hoping Bioware takes this into account and makes the Original servers transfer to servers, as they were the servers set up for early access and guilds to launch on. Lots of guilds and players are still on those servers and personally I think they should remain, the game launched with 40 servers globally i believe, could be less i think. Those 40 should be where the other 200 transfer to unless they are already Heavy ( Fatman being the only consistent Heavy server, and this is only because players are creating alts there, most players on Fatman have there original mains on other servers ) status, obviously.

Edited by Nippon

As mentioned above I think it will have more to do with crunching actual numbers than any provision for sentimentalities. I agree with this, if a pragmatic approach is taken to deciding which servers receive and which will collapse. Its the only thing that makes sense and dollars in the larger scheme of things. :cool:

Here's where to discuss it if you have an opinion about it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=472600

Discussing what you think-hope-feel-want-don't want about server transfers anywhere else but in the thread above is not going to read or responded to by the devs. You clearly have a strong opinion - it deserves to be heard. Make sure it is by putting it in the thread above.

Here's the official info:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

Here is where the developers responded to some questions (read down):

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php