inheritance mainhand weapon construction kit

Blonc

Does this show up for all the chars that finish the first chapter? Seems a bit iffy if it's only usuable once otherwise. I got one each for my consular and sith warrior but they aren't tradable crossfaction.

Does this show up for all the chars that finish the first chapter? Seems a bit iffy if it's only usuable once otherwise. I got one each for my consular and sith warrior but they aren't tradable crossfaction.

yes they are . I sent mine and credits across to my Pub nub..

cross faction same legacy mail does work..

I think so. Where exactly can I trade this in? Or better question, how does it work?

Not sure for Imps but for Republic, out in front of Senate Tower in Coruscant, just near the left (facing the tower) set of stairs going down.

The item that was in your mailbox (if that's where you obtained it) is good for one item. I got something on my level 31 scoundrel that was good for a level 14 blaster, I think it was.

I'm confused but I expect that is because I haven't figured something out.

Hope that helps (marginally) and someone can chime in with where they are turned in on the Empire side.

Dromund Kaas. There's a line of 4 Legacy vendors just before you hit the Market area.

At least, that's where they were on PTS.

I probably should have checked if you can get the item back after you buy a weapon. Though somehow I doubt it since it's only for a lvl 14 weapon and you can always get another token from another character who's finished chapter 1.

Edited by Sunleth

It is an item construction kit you can send to a new alt that would provide a nice thing for them at level 14

It isn’t for the character that receives it, it is a gift for them to give to an alt, when redeemed it will provide an appropriate item for that alt.

It is just a little token gift for one of your higher level characters to give to a lower level alt

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Seems like you also have to make sure that the char you send the kit to is slotted into your legacy tree.

So again, thanks to all (except that twit that called me a nub, he can go try molest a wampa^^)

So... I don't have a level 14 alt. I'm not interested in deleting any of my toons to make one. So this is another useless Legacy benefit for me?

I'm sorry, but so far Legacy has provided me with nothing of value.

Oh, except I get the buffs from my other toons of the same faction that are level 50. Nice.

Edited by Appletaz

So... I don't have a level 14 alt. I'm not interested in deleting any of my toons to make one. So this is another useless Legacy benefit for me?

Oh, except I get the buffs from my other toons of the same faction that are level 50. Nice.

I was wondering that so I went and got a level 14 rifle for my 25 OP, I was thinking maybe it would scale up but nope didn't happen.

All of my chars like yours will not get a use out of this and not going to bother with the modable gear other then belt or wrist which you can barely find out there.

So my assassin got this weapon kit. I have a lvl 10 alt that could use it at 14 so I mailed to him. I went to the legacy vendors and for the life of me could not figure out how to trade the item for a weapon. What do you actually do with the mail item once you get to the legacy vendor?

So my assassin got this weapon kit. I have a lvl 10 alt that could use it at 14 so I mailed to him. I went to the legacy vendors and for the life of me could not figure out how to trade the item for a weapon. What do you actually do with the mail item once you get to the legacy vendor?

I think there are four different vendors (depending on the class) you can trade in one of the kits (weapon, armor) for your choice of level 14 or 31(?) sets of orange(?) armor. There are also empty shells to be purchased for level 31(?). The armor actually looks quite nice. It's been in the game before, but at least now, you can mod it. I think bracers and belts are in there too. Not too sure, I just happened to glance over them as I was playing my alt in Kaas City.

You have to scroll down and find the one item where the "commendation" price is green and not red. Just look for the crappiest item there, it's probably the one you've unlocked for your character. Have fun using it for one level when you can get level 5 mods once you get to character level 15 that will be better anyway. :jawa_mad:

I'm starting to think that 1.2 is pretty overrated or at least not that well thought out in terms of practicality.

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

Sweet thanks guys I'll have to look at the vendors more carefully when I don't have wife aggro:D. I'm a little sad that it won't be anything very cool but it's free stuff I guess.

I'm sure 1.2 is a little overrated. I have been liking it but I'm easy. There is for sure room for growth already but there's enough content to tie me over. Hopefully they'll get better at armor design. Unless you want you Sith Jug to look like Optimus Prims.

http://img4.mmo.mmo4arab.com/feature/swtor/120320patch_1_2_armors/patch12_new_armors02.jpg

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/3/37/Optimusg1.jpg/350px-Optimusg1.jpg

I put up a little guide here if you're interested: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/04/so-you-got-a-legacy-mainhand-construction-kit-in-the-mail/

Summary:

This kit is a reward for completing chapter 1 of your class quest. You can redeem it on the legacy vendor in your capital city, but be sure to mail the KIT to the character you want to get it first.

• First, open your in-game mail, if you've completed chapter 1 you will have mail waiting for you. (screenshot)
  • Next, if you want an alt to redeem the item, be sure to mail the KIT to your (not the final item). Read Bioware’s clarification on this. To see what items you can buy, visit the legacy vendors in your capital city. Here’s the map for Dromund Kaas. And here's a screenshot of a weapon on the vendor.

Next, if you want more legacy gear, you have some options:

Note: the database incorrectly labels the inheritance head and leg construction kits as being purchasable from the daily vendor. We will do an update and correct that tonight.

If anyone finds source information for the rest of the kits, let us know!

Seems a waste for my Op whose attacks are based off their Blade which is off hand more then their main hand.

I get in 4 shots off hand for every mainhand I use so this item does them no good.

The damage from your "blade" has nothing to do with your off hand item except for the stat boosts. So getting a better blaster rifle will ALSO increase your damage from your blade attacks. SO YES that item WILL do you lots of good assuming it is level appropriate for you anyways.

It is amazing how many people don't understand that, you're not the first and I'm sure you wont be the last.

Sort of, if say you have a Bounty Hunter that is level 50 and you unlocked the buff you will still get the benefit from that buff on say your Smuggler just in the form of the Trooper version. Which is exactly the same thing but I different icon on the bar is all.

Next, if you want more legacy gear, you have some options:

Note: the database incorrectly labels the inheritance head and leg construction kits as being purchasable from the daily vendor. We will do an update and correct that tonight.

If anyone finds source information for the rest of the kits, let us know!

Ahhhh hah, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for that.