Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

Craftamancer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Degini:

I only leveled up the mods, armoring and earpieces to artifact level that I could use, or that the sniper I was playing with could use, as I leveled. I didn't bother trying to sell anything prior to learning the artifact max level items.

EanRaute:

No, I haven't tried REing Ops items... and the only artifact earpiece that I did RE (from a HM flashpoint) told me that there was no schematic associated with that item... after it REd. I'm not certain how valid the claims are that artifact items can be RE'd for their schematics, but I'm going to keep trying.

RonanRain:

Reverse Engineering is a luck of the draw. I've RE'd 50-60 blue items without learning an artifact schematic, and then learned three schematics with 10 REs. All blue armoring, mods and earpieces can be RE'd to purple schematics. That said, you can eaily earn higher level mods and armoring from dailies than you can make. Since they also take twice the mandalorian iron, I'm sitcking with earpieces for now.

Final edit: problem solved.. i read the rverse engineering sticky and learned a few more things.. especially the green items branching into 3 blue, and each of those have 5 upgrades.. not 15 as i thought it to be the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am i missing something or does your guide not mention that IF the previous (blue) item allready has a certain stat, that it won't add +40 to that stat but only 5 to the purple version?

example:

critical reflex enhancement adapter >>> Supremacy reflex enhancement adapter.

65 aim >>> 65

50 endu >>> 50

29 accu >>> 29

60 crit >>> 65 (instead of what i expected, 40+60=100)

0 surge >>> 40 surge

Personally i think the expert reflex enhancement adapter would be better then.. since it would have:

65 aim

50 endu

29 accu

60 crit

40 surge

40 power

If these stats are right then this looks like a near optimal thing for aim DPS??

edit:

imo if you got the +35 from the blue bonus, you will not get the +40 from the purple in that same stat.. (maybe the +35 just turns into +40 when going from blue>purple?)

edit 2:

thanks for your guide offcourse, i have learned a lot from it and it saved me a lot of time :-)

Edited by DrMacabre

Final edit: problem solved.. i read the rverse engineering sticky and learned a few more things.. especially the green items branching into 3 blue, and each of those have 5 upgrades.. not 15 as i thought it to be the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am i missing something or does your guide not mention that IF the previous (blue) item allready has a certain stat, that it won't add +40 to that stat but only 5 to the purple version?

example:

critical reflex enhancement adapter >>> Supremacy reflex enhancement adapter.

65 aim >>> 65

50 endu >>> 50

29 accu >>> 29

60 crit >>> 65 (instead of what i expected, 40+60=100)

0 surge >>> 40 surge

Personally i think the expert reflex enhancement adapter would be better then.. since it would have:

65 aim

50 endu

29 accu

60 crit

40 surge

40 power

If these stats are right then this looks like a near optimal thing for aim DPS??

edit:

imo if you got the +35 from the blue bonus, you will not get the +40 from the purple in that same stat.. (maybe the +35 just turns into +40 when going from blue>purple?)

edit 2:

thanks for your guide offcourse, i have learned a lot from it and it saved me a lot of time :-)

Once logs are available I'll be updating this post with the BiS Cybertech crafted gear. Right now it's difficult to say which stats are best.

I will also update it as new schematics become available that are potential money makers, or if anything new and exiting happens to the Cybertech profession.

Cheers!

Edited by Craftamancer

thanks for the confirmation on the names of the blue earpieces,

I have nearly got all those RE'd and will start work on specfic purple earpieces after. Very interesting to see how many different purple types there are.

This is from the Reverse Engineering Guide... I'll also update my initial post with this:

Redoubt (+Defense)

-Anti-Armor (+Defense, +Surge)

-Exactitude (+Defense, +Accuracy)

-General's (+Defense, +Presence)

-Veracity (+Defense, +Shield)

- ?????? (+Defense, +Alacrity) (This is the missing Tier 2 Prefix)

Critical (+Critical)

-Endowment (+Critical, +Surge)

-Fervor (+Critical, +Accuracy)

-Leadership (+Critical, +Presence)

-Supremacy (+Critical, +Alacrity)

-Tempest (+Critical, +Shield)

Overkill (+Power)

-Commander (+Power, +Presence)

- Expert (+Power, +Surge)

- Hawkeye (+Power, +Accuracy)

-Rampart (+Power, +Shield)

-Vehemence (+Power, +Alacrity)

Please rate and comment on this post if you feel that it is sticky Material.

Also, does anyone know how to add a small Table of Contents like in the Reverse Engineering Sticky that allows you to navigate the post without scrolling through it?

Edited by Craftamancer

It does not keep the +35 when it goes to purple. I have achieved 2 purples using the Galactic Combat Module. Although I used the redoubt Galactic Combat module, on neither one did it keep the +35 defense.

Galactic Combat Module (green)

+45 Aim

+72 Endurance

+27 Accuracy

+20 Defense

Generals Galactic Combat Module (Superior)

+45 Aim

+72 Endurance

+40 Presence

+27 Accuracy

+60 Defense

Tempest Galactic Combat Module (Superior)

+45 Aim

+72 Endurance

+40 Shield

+27 Accuracy

+40 Critical

+20 Defense

As you can see the +40/+40 was added to the original module and the +35 did not come into play at all. So you can use any of the second tier Galactic Combat Modules and come out with the same (superior) items, since it ignores that +35 stat.

No matter what though, anything you can make is vastly inferior to the Champion PVP ear or the ear you can get for 120 daily tokens.

Edited by OrionSky

It does not keep the +35 when it goes to purple. I have achieved 2 purples using the Galactic Combat Module. Although I used the redoubt Galactic Combat module, on neither one did it keep the +35 defense.

Galactic Combat Module (green)

+45 Aim

+72 Endurance

+27 Accuracy

+20 Defense

Generals Galactic Combat Module (Superior)

+45 Aim

+72 Endurance

+40 Presence

+27 Accuracy

+60 Defense

Tempest Galactic Combat Module (Superior)

+45 Aim

+72 Endurance

+40 Shield

+27 Accuracy

+40 Critical

+20 Defense

As you can see the +40/+40 was added to the original module and the +35 did not come into play at all. So you can use any of the second tier Galactic Combat Modules and come out with the same (superior) items, since it ignores that +35 stat.

No matter what though, anything you can make is vastly inferior to the Champion PVP ear or the ear you can get for 120 daily tokens.

You are both correct and incorrect.

Yes, the +35 from Redoubt does not stack with the +40 from the Tier 2 prefix. I will change that immediately, and thank you for pointing that out.

There are, however, two points that are wrong.

First, reverse engineering a Critical or Overkill blue earpiece will NEVER give you a schematic for an artifact earpiece with tanking stats (Veracity). There are five schematics tied to Overkill, five tied to Critical and, currently, four tied to Redoubt.

The Tempest version you mentioned was RE'd from a Critical Prefix, rather than from a Redoubt prefix. That, or you experienced a rare bug. The reverse engineering sticky on this forum goes into greater detail on this subject.

If you want a Veracity tanking earpiece, you need to reverse engineer Redoubt earpieces.

Second, the earpieces you can make via Cybertech are far superior to the Champion PVP or Tionese earpieces for PVE. I would venture that they are also nearly equal to Columni crafted earpieces, especially in the case of Tanking earpieces, which are definitely superior. I'd have to double check to see if Rakata earpieces pull ahead of the Veracity crafted tanking earpieces.

There are several reasons for this.

In the case of tanking earpieces, it's simple. There is FAR more mitigation offered by the crafted Veracity Earpiece. Since tanks aren't generally in danger of being killed in one or even two hits, mitigation is far more important than the relatively minor increase in endurance. A Veracity tanking earpiece offers 40 shield and 60 Defense. With an Augment slot, you gain another potential 28 from a defensive stat of your choice. This is FAR better than any of the non-Rakata alternatives.

As for the other roles, the first reason the crafted gear is better is because you can get augments on crafted gear that you can't get on operation drops or PVP gear.

The second reason is that Expertise takes up a significant amount of "stat value" of a PVP earpiece, and expertise is absolutely worthless in PVE.

Here are some numbers from my own gear:

PVP Champion earpiece for BH Merc:

77 Aim

70 Endurance

46 Expertise (useless in PVE)

48 Accuracy

41 Critical

My Crafted Earpiece:

78 Aim (+1 over PVP)

59 Endurance (-11 from PVP, but does not affect my damage)

29 Accuracy (-19 from PVP)

69 Critical (+28 over PVP)

40 Surge (+40 over PVP)

Augment (+28 Aim over PVP)

Thus I gain 29 Aim, 28 Crit and 40 Surge, while losing 11 Endurance and 19 Accuracy.

The math looks pretty simple to me. Even without the augment, I would take the crafted earpiece over the PVP earpiece for PVE every time.

Once again, thank you for the feedback, I appreciate anything that helps this guide to grow :jawa_cool:

Edited by Craftamancer

I would like to see a section added on leveling the skill. Is there any rhyme or reason to what Items I choose to craft in order to raise my crafting level? I guess what is the optimum way to level the skill?

In case I am still not being clear enough:

I leveled to 50 with Scavenging, Slicing, and Underworld trading and got all to 400. I tried to focusing on metals as much as possible and stuck everything in my cargo hold. So I have lots of mats, but dont want to waste them. Does it matter which I items I pick to craft while trying to level it?

Edited by TempestasSilva

It doesnt matter what you pick, if you're going for speed then choose the items that take the least amount of time to craft like green mods or something(3-5 mins). Grey crafting missions will not increase your skill. You can get to 400 in a matter of days if you have materials packed up already. Edited by zerobounds

Hi, thanks so much for this post! So before I read this, I created two purple earpieces...wondering if you could tell me if they have any value at all in your experience?

Expert Reflex enhancement adaptor

Rampart Reflex Enhancement Adapter

The expert one seems okay, it may not double stack the critical but it adds stats to across the board. What'd you think?

OK, So you Can't get new mods from re other than blues (superior ) and purple ("epic")?

How do you get a Mod for an Darkness Assassin Tank? Like the Aptitude Mod 20B? I have seen that Mod listed someplace, but can not get it, re it, or find a schematic.

Darkness has really been left out in most "Tank" mods as they all stack Willpower and not Endurance.

Hopefully can get an answer here.

TY All

Tempesta Silva:

The difficulty of crafting an item is directly proportionate to the likelihood of you gaining a skill point.

The Difficulty Levels range from Grey -> Green -> Yellow -> Orange

Grey = No Crew Skill level gains can occur from making this schematic (it's too easy)

Green = Crew Skill Level gains are possible but not guaranteed

Yellow = Guaranteed to receive a Crew Skill Level gain

Orange = Grants two Crew Skill level gains

Xtrema:

The Expertise Earpiece is good. The Rampart earpiece is split between DPS or Heal and Tank attributes and therefore you're losing mitigation stats if you want it for tanking, and you're losing throughput stats if you want it for healing or dps.

Persnkitty:

Esproc:

Higher that 22A mods can only be found on vendors or on Ops or PVP gear.

Blue 22B Mods are available on the Corellia Commendation Vendor. I bought about 15 of them to RE but did not receive any schematics. I cannot tell you at this time whether or not you can learn schematics from them.

As it currently stands, Cybertechs cannot create mods with defensive stats for tanking.

Kyus:

There are a number of BOP schematics that drop from Operations. The Tionese are inferior to the crafted ones you can make via RE. The Columni are about equal, but take roughly four times the materials to make.

Since the augmented normally crafted RE earpieces are better than the columni non-augmented earpieces, and it's highly unlikely that you will be lucky and receive an augmented columni earpiece, it's far better to use the normal version until you get to Rakata levels.

Edited by Craftamancer

I have found some mods for Assassin Shadow tanks, just getting a little out of date for me, but they still have more Endurance than a :regular" blue Mod for Inquisitor class.

Here are the Mods currently on my Assassin:

Reinforced Mod 17C - 21 Endurance, 20 Willpower, 8 Defense

Reinforced Mod 18B - 23 Endurance, 19 Willpower, 11 Defense (x2)

Aptitude Mod 19B - 25 Endurance, 21 Willpower, 12 Power

Aptitude Mod 20B 27 Endurance, 23 Willpower, 13 Power

Robust Mod 20B - 27 Endurance, 23 Willpower, 13 Absorption

Sadly I am not even sure where I picked any of these up, but they do exist, just not finding them in my level.

I am surprised by the Corellia reference, but will give it a shot. Are the schematics BoP? or is it just the Mods (also Bop?)? As I put a hold on my Assassin for the time being as I have searched. :)

Thanks for the reply.

p.s. I don't PvP so that is not an option for me.

Edited by Esproc

I have found some mods for Assassin Shadow tanks, just getting a little out of date for me, but they still have more Endurance than a :regular" blue Mod for Inquisitor class.

Here are the Mods currently on my Assassin:

Reinforced Mod 17C - 21 Endurance, 20 Willpower, 8 Defense

Reinforced Mod 18B - 23 Endurance, 19 Willpower, 11 Defense (x2)

Aptitude Mod 19B - 25 Endurance, 21 Willpower, 12 Power

Aptitude Mod 20B 27 Endurance, 23 Willpower, 13 Power

Robust Mod 20B - 27 Endurance, 23 Willpower, 13 Absorption

Sadly I am not even sure where I picked any of these up, but they do exist, just not finding them in my level.

I am surprised by the Corellia reference, but will give it a shot. Are the schematics BoP? or is it just the Mods (also Bop?)? As I put a hold on my Assassin for the time being as I have searched. :)

Thanks for the reply.

p.s. I don't PvP so that is not an option for me.

Most of those likely come from quest rewards, pre-packaged orange armor (like what's found on vendor commendation armor), or the modification commendation vendors.

Right now, Cybertech can only create artifact quality mods that end with the suffix A (as opposed to no suffix, or the B suffix).

For example...

Cybertech can create Aptitude Mod 22A.

Cybertech cannot create Aptitude Mod 22 or 22B.

Edited by Craftamancer