Hard Mode Flashpoint Improvements

As I was doing all the hard modes at level 50 multiple times, I found myself wondering why only the last boss in each flashpoint is worth killing. The rest of the bosses are pretty much useless because they don't honestly give anything worthwhile. Crystals? They're useless. Tionese loot? Well, Columi drops from the last boss and crafted gear is available that can possibly be better. So honestly, all the bosses but the last in each hard mode flashpoint is pointless.

As I go through the forums, I also see a lot of RNG issues with tokens. Tokens that no one can use drops and tokens that one person wants hasn't dropped after 20+ runs. Yes, that is RNG but try to look at it from that person's point of view. He ran is 20 times just for the last boss for that token and it has eluded him 20 times. It is frustrating and games shouldn't be that frustrating (imagine if it dropped on the 21st run and then it bugged out).

So I am suggesting some changes to hard mode flashpoints in regards to some loot.

1. Tionese Crystal Vendor and Remove the requirement for Crystals on Tionese gear from vendors

Tionese Crystals should honestly be used to purchase rare crafting materials. The amount should not be obscene but should not be too easy to obtain. This allows people who love to hard modes to gain something from each bosses rather than just waiting for the last boss to die and drop a token. More options could be added for all these crystals.

2. Hard Mode Flashpoint bosses will now drop both 2x Tionese Crystals and 1x Tionese Commendation.

This way bosses provide a way for new comers to gain Tionese gear a bit faster and not depend on RNG drops to provide them with upgrades. Also allows bosses to be worth more than just plain crystals.

3. Hard Mode bonus bosses will now provide a tier token (or a chance to get a token) but increase the difficulty of the boss fight.

Bonus bosses. Who does them? They don't really provide much incentive after awhile and they are usually just skipped. Sure they are a bonus but let us at least make them a bonus worth doing. So make bonus bosses drop or a chance to drop a Columi token but increase their difficulty (some bonus bosses really are too easy). Something similar to the Kaon bonus boss, hard but provides a columi headgear token but Bioware is about to change this which is honestly a wrong move.

4. Tokens. Why four of them?

Why not make the tokens simply just one. One token that can be used for all the classes? This way there won't be a scenario where if you don't have all the classes and that classes' token drop it is useless. So why not change it to just one token all classes can use?

Yes, maybe it'll make gearing easy but at least it won't be frustrating for the people who have run a single hard mode 20 times without getting a single token drop.

If that is not an option, we could easily make it such that loot that no one can use will not drop. That might be another option. Or make only 2 tokens: Force Users and Tech Users.

5. End of Hard Modes drop Columi Commendations

End of hard modes dropping a tionese commendation which honestly no one will probably use since you gain them so slowly that at some point you will probably get a tionese piece that is essentially going to be a downgrade. End of hard modes should drop Columi Commendations so that people who don't do ops can continually run hard modes to gain something in the end: a commendation they can farm and use for upgrades. This also fixes the RNG issue such that at least after 20 runs you have 20 columi commendations and after 20 dailies you can get that piece by spending commendations.

Thank you for your time and feedback would be appreciated. Let us improve Bioware's game! :)

Good on all points. I wouldn't go so far as one token for all classes, but force/tech or only dropping useful tokens sounds reasonable.

I also definitely want the bonus bosses to be worth doing. It makes me sad so many groups skip them. They're usually quite fun.

Cheers,

As I was doing all the hard modes at level 50 multiple times, I found myself wondering why only the last boss in each flashpoint is worth killing. The rest of the bosses are pretty much useless because they don't honestly give anything worthwhile. Crystals? They're useless. Tionese loot? Well, Columi drops from the last boss and crafted gear is available that can possibly be better. So honestly, all the bosses but the last in each hard mode flashpoint is pointless.

That Tionese stuff is for people who are just starting to gear up. Sure columni is better, but its going to take many runs before you collect all (although faster now that they changed columni commendation amounts). In other words, in my opinion the other bosses arent as useless as you claim.

I do like your idea that tionese crystals could be used to buy rare crafting mats. Acquiring those damn corusca gems is giving me a headache.

ps. Most of your suggestions can be read as: "better loot for the same effort", which may not be good in terms of longevity of the game.

Edited by Karkais

I can't buy anything more with the Columi commendations, so why not have a flashpoint nightmare mode which offers a chance of un-assembled rakata gear drop off the final boss? I don't have incentive anymore to do hard-modes.

THe idea is nice enough. Will never be implemented because this will make gearing up easy for everyone though.

Oh and regarding tionese gear - at lvl 50 all do daily quests for those daily enhancements/mods armour. They will make your gear superior to tionese so .. there is no use to getting it at all. Well, maybe off hand (generator/focus or smth) item as it is cheap and you can get it pretty fast with no rng.

P.S. oh why we can not get columi mainhand for commendations >_<

Not enough people at lvl 50 in our guild for that Ops >_>

Yeah, I support these ideas. I myself was going to post about how the hard modes only drop bounty hunter gear/tokens! I been being for 18 days (that's a lot) just to hardly ever get any jug gear! Like all my guild is getting geared up faster then me and making it even harder on me to tank!