Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

Just a little heads up now that the event frenzy is dying down, I've personally found this to be some of the most awesome time I've had in TOR!

The attention to detail is great, both with the news coverage (and the hilarious disparity between the Republic and Imperial messages, despite conveying the same information) the quest lines, the rewards and the whole NPC-guards-agroing-on-plague-carriers thing.

Hopefully we'll see more events similar to this, both one-off and recurring events.

Makes me glad I'm playing the game right now!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wanted to warn players that the effects of the plague may linger after the event is over. Vaccines will still be readily available.

So even if I have avoided blowing up for days, thus keeping people from infecting me and getting anything from me, I will still have to waste my credits to get rid of this darn thing? Horrible job devs!!!! Change the price to 0 please.

So even if I have avoided blowing up for days, thus keeping people from infecting me and getting anything from me, I will still have to waste my credits to get rid of this darn thing? Horrible job devs!!!! Change the price to 0 please.

Actually, all you'd have to do was make the Rakghoul vaccine last through death like the womprat fever vaccine does.

Actually, all you'd have to do was make the Rakghoul vaccine last through death like the womprat fever vaccine does.

That has nothing to do with my post.... That would be for a future event. It was said by a dev that this event will never again repeat, which of course, makes me very happy.

What I stated in my post is that I have avoided blowing up after over 20 hours of game time by always changing zones, thus keeping anybody from infecting me and getting quest credit for it. However, now I will end up having to buy the darn thing, which is one of the things I really did not like about the event. Having to pay to not participate is completely stupid. Now that the event is finally almost over, I was hoping it would just go away. However, that is not the case, as he said. I will still need to waste money on the vaccine.

Now, your idea about it lasting beyond death is something I have been saying since day 1. The darn disease lasts beyond death, yet the vaccine doesn't? It was horribly designed, as if they barely put any thought into it at all. Did they picture 50 people hanging out on fleet at one area?

The quest says infect 10 enemy players. Why does infecting an ally count towards that quest?

So unless the cryptic post about the Jawa being back at some point means that it'll be possible to buy missing customizations, I'm stuck with all 4 of the republic ones (all of them x2) and only 2 of the imperial ones (Vector x2, Mako x7 ROFLROFLROFL) despite being imperial class?

How very awesome ><

On a sidenote, the event was very cool but I kinda missed the "zombie hunt" vibe that is extremely apparent in Kaon Under Siege. Running dailies in sunny area interfered a bit with the outbreak theme. Would be cool if for next similar events, extra sound effects were added and environment would change accordingly (for example this one could use some muffled screams in the background and affected areas being covered by dark clouds or something like that). But all in all I enjoyed it. Very nice closure to rakghoul storyline.

I was also out of town when the event began so was only able to participate for 6 of the 9 days, which due to the structure of the daily quests prevented me from acquiring all pieces of the gear. This is not a complaint and I have enjoyed this event greatly, it is how it was designed, but I hope in the future this is taken into consideration when an event is planned and perhaps at least a 50% participation rate will allow for acquiring the items.

And hi to you too JovethGonzalez, I just wanted to remind you that many players have expressed their desire to extend the event and it has apparently fallen on deaf ears. Someone is reading your response and may possibly NOT return at some point in the future.

How completely useless, thanks for sharing.

What a FUNNY guy

Edited by JPLaro
No reason

I really wish they would extend this another week as well. I was out of town due to work and now it looks like I can't get caught up because of the one new daily per day issue. I've managed to get head/hands/legs/feet, but the event ends tonight with me unable to pick up the chest/belt quest, sigh.

I am in a very similar boat, Its disappointing that I won't be able to get these pieces due to circumstances out of my control...

I am in a very similar boat, Its disappointing that I won't be able to get these pieces due to circumstances out of my control...

Fortunately, your life and health and well-being does not depend on these things. And I'm sure that there will be other events in which you get to participate and others do not. It's okay. Really.

Edited by Cilionelle
Style.

I think it would be great if the vendor lasts after the event.

It would be awesome if the people who earned the Containment Officer Title would get access to a vendor for the gearset... say for those who have jobs/family/irl responsibilities/etc that caused them to miss some of the dailies and giving them a chance to get the full set.

They could still work for the gear set by making each gear piece cost a million credits or something; so people who made it to the dailies won't feel jipped.

Thank you. Btw, great job on event BW! It was loads of fun! Make more in the future please!

Fortunately, your life and health and well-being does not depend on these things. And I'm sure that there will be other events in which you get to participate and others do not. It's okay. Really.

I said it was disappointing not life ending :p, I will get over it just adding my opinion is all :p, an extension would be great but I'm not betting on it :p

We wanted to warn players that the effects of the plague may linger after the event is over. Vaccines will still be readily available.

Please tell me you guys got something special planned to wrap this event up.

Would be rather unsatisfying if everything just disappears aside from the few stragglers still infected.

I dont understand why on the last day just have all the missions unlocked. That way everyone has 24 hours to make a mad dash to collect everything they missed. THEN it can be gone forever. Events should last 14 days not 7 anyways. ( I think I just shed a tear for swg. /sniff)

They could just remove the plague but keep the dailies/boss for another week. It'd stop the winging about getting infected and let everyone complete the event.

Personally I loved it and have gotten everything I wanted from it but feel sorry for those that didn't get the 2 hour re spawn boss mobs.

Hi everyone, we just wanted to remind people to turn in your Rakghoul DNA before maintenance tomorrow morning at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Jeelvic the Jawa will be disappearing after tonight, but he may possibly return by himself at some point in the future.

Guys, seriously how can you keep screwing things up?

You had a great event, how come you have to end it with a poor decision? You should keep the vendor up because not everyone redeemed their dna samples and they'll be very disappointed when they'll see they are now useless.

Ex: I done the quests multiple times to gather the dna to be able to buy the green crystal and the pet for my level 5 Jedi Knight. There no way I can bring my character to the vendor to redeem the dna. That plus I don't care about the pet nor the green crystal for my other toons. So I was expecting, as done in other MMO, to be able to store the dna and buy the items when my character would be ready (lvl 30ish). Well now I just feel I did waste my time.

And I know I'm far from the only one.

P.S.: BTW the dna sample market would have been a great start for a more dynamic player made economy.

Edited by Deewe

Fortunately, all he was doing was expressing his opinion on extending the event a little bit longer and not really complaining. It's okay. Really.

Guys, seriously how can you keep screwing things up?

You had a great event, how come you have to end it with a poor decision? You should keep the vendor up because not everyone redeemed their dna samples and they'll be very disappointed when they'll see they are now useless.

Ex: I done the quests multiple times to gather the dna to be able to buy the green crystal and the pet for my level 5 Jedi Knight. There no way I can bring my character to the vendor to redeem the dna. That plus I don't care about the pet nor the green crystal for my other toons. So I was expecting, as done in other MMO, to be able to store the dna and buy the items when my character would be ready (lvl 30ish). Well now I just feel I did waste my time.

And I know I'm far from the only one.

P.S.: BTW the dna sample market would have been a great start for a more dynamic player made economy.

I'm sure some people assumed the vendor would be there forever, but it's really not reasonable for anyone to have thought that a special event vendor would exist beyond the special event. Also, if you're a level 5, I hate to break it to you but this event was not geared towards characters that low based on the planet location and since you have no way to travel off your starter planet at level 5. If you have higher level alts, you could have used them to get the crystal or pet and mail it to your JK. Otherwise, you could have posted in the forums or in chat to try to find someone who would have been able to help you out and redeem them for you. Yeah, it kinda sucks for you but don't see that being a BW screw-up and the DNA already has an impact on the economy beyond the event as many people bought items to sell after the event is over and so there will be a market for those items that people can't get anymore.

I dont understand why on the last day just have all the missions unlocked. That way everyone has 24 hours to make a mad dash to collect everything they missed. THEN it can be gone forever. Events should last 14 days not 7 anyways. ( I think I just shed a tear for swg. /sniff)

This. Just allow players to do the quests as soon as they have completed the previous ones instead of having to wait until the next day.

Oh well, this is the first of these kinds of events, it was fun (especially the world PVP while doing quests) and hopefully more polished next time.