Lag when I go into any room

Commanda_Drew

Everytime I go into a room at the sith starting stage my game lags heavily i don't know this is because my computer is low quality or its just lags alot here are my computer spec:

Processor: AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2.20GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB (2.74 GB usable)

Please help I just bought a 60 day card and I want to play

do you have lags (due to latency) or are you talking about low FPS? Looking at our 3GB ram I guess it's about FPS. Are you running Win 7? if so, than you should really upgrade your RAM, you have about ~ 2 GB left for the game and SWTOR is using a lot of RAM, only good thing is.. it shouldn't cost you that much to upgrade.

If you have actual lags than it has nothing to do with your computer, but with your internet connection but I don't know enough about that stuff to give you some solid advise there..

I had a similar problem and asked friends for advice. They suggested buying a new computer or a new graphics card. I got a one Gig graphics card (GeForce GT430 EVGA) for about $75. That made the lag much more managable. When in a crowded area or in some instances there is still lag, but it is not as bad now and the game is 'playable'.

Well I do have Windows 7 and the times when I am out in the open like open world its fine but when I go into any room its drops the fps so that also might be the problem as well.

On what settings are you playing on? Try turning shadows off, that helps A LOT or lower your settings, can't really explain why you would experience a fps drop when in a room but not in the open unless there are many other players around there or other stuff that would have such a huge impact. Would still recommend upgrading your RAM though, CPU is also somewhat weak, but then again.. SWTOR seems to be a RAM-eating monster and doesn't really care that much about your gpu/cpu unlike some other games.