Exciting things... Maybe? Perhaps?

TyonYlle

So, with the game coming out next year that will essentially be Uncharted-SW, or so I've heard. Do you guys have any hopes for more "mature SW games" that aren't named "BF" or "Lego SW"? Are there any games you would like to see for either the consoles.

I'm always going to be playing SWTOR, but if this new game is going to be like Uncharted, then that would be absolutely amazing, maybe even a potential new game series?

Maybe, even some mature games that is set in slash before slash after the new movies?

Or, maybe even a "Han-Solo game"?

Edited by TyonYlle

Honestly, I want a SW Skyrim/Fallout/Mass Effect/ The Witcher 3

Allot like this game but completely singelplayer based.

Lose the MMO and multiplayer part and the graphics need to be some 4k godliness that can run on the new systems and powerful computers.

So yeah Kotor-esque but it doesn't necessarily have to be set in the Old Republic era. But I want a SW game that is massive in scale with multiple planets of various terrains and aliens and 40+ hrs of epic story and your choices affect the game, making your adventure really "your" adventure. Different companion, starship, Jedi.

Even though Mass Effect Andromeda was a disappointment there are elements of that game that I think would really work in a SW game. Like how each planet was a massive free roam map that was way different than the others aesthetically. The whole crew/companion interaction on the starship, varied combat styles, and I like how with the Mass Effect games how immersive the world is and how you really feel like the galaxy doesn't revolve around your character.

I'd also like to see the game make some genuine Canon contributions to the new Disney Era. Fill in the empty timeline and give us a ton of new history/EU content. Hell, make it like Skyrim but instead of books have it be Holomessages.

Just my wishlist, I want a massive SW game with Epic Role-playing Story telling.

Edited by MajorZuma

A Kotor-styled/Mass Effect etc based on the new era would be amazing! It probably wouldn't even have to be made by BW, or that *shudder* other company, are Obsidian still around?

Oh, and it - should - include some semblance of character customization, if only we got something like the character customization that had with the Kotors.

So, with the game coming out next year that will essentially be Uncharted-SW, or so I've heard.

Stop right there: It's been cancelled. EA closed down Visceral Games and basically kicked out Amy Hennig, Uncharted's game director, out of the project.

They intend to orient it toward a non-linear, multiplayer "game-as-a-service".

Basically, as long as EA holds the licence, single-player, story-based Star Wars games are dead. They're not interested in them and have decided that there is no audience for them.

As for what type of games I'd like to see?

A new Rogue Squadron game please. Or at least similar gameplay but spanning across all three eras with a plethora of ships. I'd even take it if it's multiplayer oriented if the gameplay is arcade-ish enough.

Stop right there: It's been cancelled. EA closed down Visceral Games and basically kicked out Amy Hennig, Uncharted's game director, out of the project.

They intend to orient it toward a non-linear, multiplayer "game-as-a-service".

Basically, as long as EA holds the licence, single-player, story-based Star Wars games are dead. They're not interested in them and have decided that there is no audience for them.

I think things will get interesting after EA had such a massive PR storm from the backlash of the loot boxes and the constant comparison to games like The Witcher 3. As well as it seems Disney executives weren't happy with EA either after the PR they got for the whole loot boxes situation. They also seem to be facing legal trouble for the loot boxes with various countries at this point.

Loot boxes loot boxes loot boxes loot boxes.

I bet EA is probably looking into various singelplayer studios right about now and praying Disney doesn't pull the plug on the Star Wars License.

Yeah, EA has no intentions to put out a single player game. It's a dying breed, because companies know they can make money after the game launches with DLC and micros. Assassin's Creed is a perfect example. The first game was a work in progress, but AC2 was a critical success as a single-player game, scoring mostly 9-9.5 from reviewers. Subsequent games had them shrink the quality of the story and putting in multiplayer components. Mass Effect 3 started the same thing after the huge success of ME2. EA had a great story franchise in Dead Space, but with Visceral gone, that franchise is also dead in the water.

It is a shame, because some of the best SW games were single-player only. As someone else said, a Rogue Squadron game would be great. Since they brought back Thrown, I only think it's a matter of time before Kyle Katarn comes back in some kind of Dark Forces game. Even though the genre is dying, I'd love to see another RTS like Galaxy at War as well.

Yeah, EA has no intentions to put out a single player game. It's a dying breed, because companies know they can make money after the game launches with DLC and micros. Assassin's Creed is a perfect example. The first game was a work in progress, but AC2 was a critical success as a single-player game, scoring mostly 9-9.5 from reviewers. Subsequent games had them shrink the quality of the story and putting in multiplayer components.

Yes that was the trend for the last five years but I think the fact that AC returned to its singelplayer roots with the excellent Origins and the widespread love and success of The Witcher 3 and The Last of Us, recent singeayer games lately make me feel like the Singeplayer is making a comeback.

Especially since EA has gotten destroyed PR wise this year and their stocks are decreasing everyday. 3 of there major games got destroyed for being rushed and filled with micros and DLCs this year. I would bet good money we won't see loot crates in future games.

Mass Effect Andromeda

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Need for Speed

They gonna have change something up otherwise Disney will pull the plug on license. EA won't go anywhere because their sports games are always huge money makers every single year. But SW in games might not happen if Disney thinks it's too much after dealing with EA.

I hope I am not correct, but I feel Mass Effect might be dead in the water, even with Hudson back to run Bioware

Considering the way EA killed Visceral, many are afraid Bioware is next on the chopping block if either Anthem or the new Dragon Age don't rake in the few billions EA expects from their games.

Seriously, one of the question they asked Visceral was to ask what was their (single player) game's "FIFA Ultimate Team" equivalent to ensure constant profit.

And since Anthem seems to be a Destiny-Clone...

But as pointed out above, EA suffered MASSIVE backlash (And very deserved at this) with the absurd level of monetization in Battlefront II. That could start a process where the company FINALLY pull its head out of it's gold-plated a**, start producing some single player games again, respect the Star Wars IP and get it together monitization-wise. But that's wishful thinking...