When will Nightmare stop dropping hardmode loots?

We fulled clear hardmode last week and decide to do nightmare mode operations. We went 5/10 nightmare and every single boss has the exact same loot as hardmode. I even googled just to double check.

Every single boss from nightmare drops the exact same amount and exact same loot as hardmode bosses.

Why?

Edited by Creopolus

I think this is as intended, and to be honest I do not necessarily disagree with this.

If you can beat nightmare why would you need better gear?

I believe the nightmare modes are there more for achiemvenet getters.

Not like nightmare is considered MUCH harder than "hard" mode which is not even hard. There is no need for better gear, we cleared nm modes with fresh twinks in 50% green clear.

PvE gear progression in this game is kinda obsolete, since you don't need very high dps/ or good players at all in order to beat any raid encounter.

Once the raid encounters are properly tuned, maybe in the future, you will also need adequate gear to clear those. Right now, gear is not a huge factor in pve.

Fact is if you can clear all the encounters with your current gear, you dont really need new gear.

Edited by Jiav

Not like nightmare is considered MUCH harder than "hard" mode which is not even hard. There is no need for better gear, we cleared nm modes with fresh twinks in 50% green clear.

PvE gear progression in this game is kinda obsolete, since you don't need very high dps/ or good players at all in order to beat any raid encounter.

Once the raid encounters are properly tuned, maybe in the future, you will also need adequate gear to clear those. Right now, gear is not a huge factor in pve.

Fact is if you can clear all the encounters with your current gear, you dont really need new gear.

Your logic is very flawed. By your logic you should remove all rakata gears, battlemaster gears and columni gears from the game. You can clear all those encounters with all tionese gears. Lets the gear cap be 126ilvl. Heck just make hardmode drops normal mode loot along with nightmare. Lets just have one set of gear from all difficulty.

Just because the difficulty progression is flawed doesn't mean you dumb down the gear progression to match.

Edited by Creopolus

Your logic is very flawed. By your logic you should remove all rakata gears, battlemaster gears and columni gears from the game. You can clear all those encounters with all tionese gears. Lets the gear cap be 126ilvl. Heck just make hardmode drops normal mode loot along with nightmare. Lets just have one set of gear from all difficulty.

Just because the difficulty progression is flawed doesn't mean you dumb down the gear progression to match.

It isnt flawed that is how progress works. Raid progross is just linked to the loot progress.

As a raider you normaly need the best gear in order to clear the current hardest raid instance. This gear is normally dropped in the SAME instance. You should be able to clear the first bosses of the raid, with the gear you obtained in the previous raid instance- but not further.

If you can clear the hardest raid instance with the gear from the previous instance, you must have either have the BEST players, which is not the case in swtor, or the difficulty is just off.

There is no need for rakata or 136 gear, simply because YOU do not need it in order to clear the raids. You already outgear the raids with the first epic set. That is not how progress works, sorry.

Some encounters are even based around gear checks, in other games.

Just ask yourself the question.

Why do hardmode raiders need the best gear? Yes, in order to CLEAR the hard modes.

Problem is just, in swtor you don't need the best gear in order to clear the raids, since the regular gear is sufficient, cuz of the easy mode content.

Your rakata gear is just worthless and not even worth the "prestige".

• 3 weeks later...

gear.

I´m sorry, but I think you are a liar! Dps is just way low with 50% green in NM! It doesent matter how good player you are, the enrage timer wipe the raid if dps is low, which it is with green gear!

I´m sorry, but I think you are a liar! Dps is just way low with 50% green in NM! It doesent matter how good player you are, the enrage timer wipe the raid if dps is low, which it is with green gear!

If he was telling the truth this wouldn't be the forums lol. My guess 7 people full rakata 1 scrub mix green blue epic. Of course on the forums that means the whole group was full greens....

It isnt flawed that is how progress works. Raid progross is just linked to the loot progress.

As a raider you normaly need the best gear in order to clear the current hardest raid instance. This gear is normally dropped in the SAME instance. You should be able to clear the first bosses of the raid, with the gear you obtained in the previous raid instance- but not further.

If you can clear the hardest raid instance with the gear from the previous instance, you must have either have the BEST players, which is not the case in swtor, or the difficulty is just off.

There is no need for rakata or 136 gear, simply because YOU do not need it in order to clear the raids. You already outgear the raids with the first epic set. That is not how progress works, sorry.

Some encounters are even based around gear checks, in other games.

Just ask yourself the question.

Why do hardmode raiders need the best gear? Yes, in order to CLEAR the hard modes.

Problem is just, in swtor you don't need the best gear in order to clear the raids, since the regular gear is sufficient, cuz of the easy mode content.

Your rakata gear is just worthless and not even worth the "prestige".

You are missing one point of how progression raiding works.

Gear that drops in nightmare, should also be able to be used in the next content.

Perhaps, to beat the first few bosses of the next Operation, your raid needs to be in full rakata.

You are missing one point of how progression raiding works.

Gear that drops in nightmare, should also be able to be used in the next content.

Perhaps, to beat the first few bosses of the next Operation, your raid needs to be in full rakata.

Full rakata is attainable from hardmodes alone. Even if they changed it so nightmare dropped 4 rakata instead of 2 rakata, the only result would be making it quicker to gear alts in rakata.

Full rakata is attainable from hardmodes alone. Even if they changed it so nightmare dropped 4 rakata instead of 2 rakata, the only result would be making it quicker to gear alts in rakata.

Did you read the post I was responding to? Here's the important bit.

136 is columi, btw.

So he's saying that because you can clear current content in tionese, there is no reason to have any gear any better. My point was that current gear also has to be good enough to make it through the first few bosses of the next content.

Given Bioware's idea of normal & then hard/nightmare difficulties....my guess, is that columi will be enough to get the average player into normal mode of next content, while rakata is enough to get the average player into hardmode of the next content. That makes sense to me at least.

And yes, as skill goes up, the needed gear goes down. A very good group of players can probably complete hardmodes in lvl 50 blues and don't even need tionese.

To answer the question in the title; When will Nightmare stop dropping hardmode loots?

When you set to Master Looter!

At least we had a bug that would prevent any Rakata loot to drop when we used Master Looter in Nightmare Mode. When we swapped to Free For All Rakata was there. Nice bug.

So if you use Master Looter, you have a chance of it dropping Normal Mode loot. :p