OT Spec for Assassin

Hey guys.

I'm looking for a good OT build for a Sith Assassin. Currently, i'm 31/0/10, Full T2 Survivor gear and OT for a Jugg MT. However, almost all fights I feel that i could be doing more damage (especially when i only need to OT for small periods of time).

Is it viable to (and what's the best)

DPS Gear/Tank spec

vs

Tank Gear/DPSish spec

Any input for builds is appreciated :)

(.Y.)

31/0/10 can do some decent damage. I would recommend just throwing on some DPS gear and switch to lightning charge.

When you know you will need to be picking up adds and tanking something just get your force back up and switch to Dark Charge. There are still fights in Ops that you will most likely need to tank. Jarg & Sorno in KP and Ancient Pylons in EV come to mind. I'm sure both of them can be done with 1 tank, but life is much easier if two tanks are used.

If you keep your tank spec you wont have to constantly respec. I would say just use DPS gear on fights you dont need to tank.

I play assassin MT and lead our raids. We are 10/10 8man HM at the moment and we always still bring 2 tanks. For some fights I switch over to DPS gear and let my PT guildie be the MT because I probably do more DPS. This helps with enrage timers which we dont really have issues with on HM anymore. We'll be trying NiM soon, might be a different story.

Im MT and sometimes OT in my guild, personally i prefer the 31/0/10 spec as the overall tanking benefits outweigh the the only other viable tanking spec (deeper Madness). The dmg reduction from wither and the (all be it small) self heal form HD makes the MT and Healers jobs a little easier.

As the post said about just switch to Lightning Charge and slap on some dps gear, tbh there are only 2-3 fights that need 2 tanks atm in NM mode, in HM pretty much all can be done with 1 tank (i OT in Serno in dps spec with tank gear on fine just to survive the unload).