orange saber hilts

Bookworm_Jedi

Unfortunately, they are now quite rare. You either have to get a lucky drop or find them on the GTN. Your best bet is to use a CM hilt. I'm pretty sure BW made the orange craftable hilts rare to encourage people to buy from the CM. There are a lot of nice hilts that can be obtained from the GTN fairly inexpensively, but single bladed do tend to cost more than double bladed. The nice thing about the CM hilts is you only have to buy (and equip) one to unlock it then you can claim unlimited character bound copies from your collections, and, with a small CC fee, you can account unlock it so all characters on your account can use it.

There are only four orange/moddable lightsaber schematics and they are random drops from TH missions (generally lower level); two single blade two double blade. You can probably get the schematics for cheap on the GTN.

There are at least seven: custom, elegant modified, midlithe (each with a single and double blade variation) and the singled bladed midlithe offhand. Whether or not the midlithe ones still drop from TH missions I'm not sure, but they certainly can be found on the GTN most of the time, as can the others, usually for the default listing price or less.

There are at least seven: custom, elegant modified, midlithe (each with a single and double blade variation) and the singled bladed midlithe offhand. Whether or not the midlithe ones still drop from TH missions I'm not sure, but they certainly can be found on the GTN most of the time, as can the others, usually for the default listing price or less.

I'm pretty sure the midlithe ones (all three) *still* drop from TH missions. I've had them at least somewhat recently, since 5.0 came out.

PiiTarr, thank you for the clarification. I forgot about the "elegant" versions and the Midlithe offhand. I was writing from memory.

I get schematics all the time from TH. But because I already have them all, and I know they do not sell well, I just vendor them without thinking.

There's also(but not sure where I got them, my artificer is an older char):

Vanguard Lightsaber

These have duplicates, but the appearances are different:

Defender's Mettle

Niman Master's Primary Lightsaber

Niman Master's Secondary Lightsaber

Radiant Blade

There's also(but not sure where I got them, my artificer is an older char):

Vanguard Lightsaber

These have duplicates, but the appearances are different:

Defender's Mettle

Niman Master's Primary Lightsaber

Niman Master's Secondary Lightsaber

Radiant Blade

Those all used to be available from the Artifice trainer, but Bio removed them quite some time ago, maybe on the 4.0 patch? I can't remember exactly. I have all those schems on my Artificer from back when 55 was the level cap I think.

Those all used to be available from the Artifice trainer, but Bio removed them quite some time ago, maybe on the 4.0 patch? I can't remember exactly. I have all those schems on my Artificer from back when 55 was the level cap I think.

Ah OK, I thought they had come from Investigation and Treasure Hunting missions.

May I interrupt this discussion. Maybe I misunderstood the whole thing, but did the thread creator asked for moddable hilts or moddable lightsabers? I think he asked for hilts.

I don't think there are moddable hilts, because they're themselves mods for moddable lightsabers... :rak_02:

May I interrupt this discussion. Maybe I misunderstood the whole thing, but did the thread creator asked for moddable hilts or moddable lightsabers? I think he asked for hilts.

I don't think there are moddable hilts, because they're themselves mods for moddable lightsabers... :rak_02:

Depends on whether you consider the metal bit you hang on your belt or hold in your hand the hilt or the whole lightsabre. (And if it's the whole sabre, what's that/those glowing bit(s)?)