WHY did Bioware nerf the companions so much?

Slowpokeking

You want to take other people's fun away so you have no right to speak. You focus on the point that I want certain things that take your fun away in your view, but you don't give a single damn about taking fun away from other people. So if I'm elitist then so are you, just from the other side of the issue.

I don't, you have the option to do so.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree, comps were overpowered a little but the players complaining could do a lot to change that from removing gear to putting comps on tank or dps. As per usual they just ***** and complain instead of just using a little common sense and just change there own characters to the level they want. Then add gear back when needed. There's not much players can do the other way round, if they are struggling. Now if comps were down powered just a little it probably would not be an issue to anyone, which it is now, even if only for a few players. As per usual BW go from one extreme to another. seems BW are totally incapable of learning from pass errors as BW changed healing before only to change it back a few weeks later.

Also, I'm not a player who has no idea of what my class is. I've been through all of them in the vanilla era, beat LI HM, went through most of the HM ops as well. But the new fp's bonus boss in SM is just way too hard as a SM challenge. I used all my skills and CDs it's not working well. It seems to be bugged, too.

"squeaky wheel gets the grease "

the ones who complain the most, get what they want -- same in all games everywhere

( ps -- I never complained, but I "only do the story content" -- so MY voice never counts anyway, I just let known my displeasure by unsubbing )

he can't do harder modes because no such things exists for class stories. the difficulty toggle affects kotet and kotfe only.

Actually he can, just set the companion to passive mode and take of the gears.

I've been through all the class stories in vanilla, which was way difficult than now, I still don't think it should have been the way for everyone.

Um sorry to bother you but I saw you say this in another thread too, and by now my curiosity just has to be assuaged...

Kira is a knight companion. Knights have no healing spec. I am confused by how you "healed" Kira. :)

My main is also a Jedi Guardian Defence Tank so Guard and then Tank to reduce her incoming damage

med packs , heroic moment and the out of combat self heal between fights .

Edited by _NovaBlast_

You want to take other people's fun away so you have no right to speak. You focus on the point that I want certain things that take your fun away in your view, but you don't give a single damn about taking fun away from other people. So if I'm elitist then so are you, just from the other side of the issue.

I can't play the character class stories in HM/NiM

Sorry your wrong on both points and both of these were answered already . Facts are Facts weather you want to accept them or not . Also for the record your posts can be perceived you're the only one sounding like an elitist and that you don't care about anyone's experience but your own hardcore people have option easy mode player do not as explained multiple times in the thread that you seem to have "missed"

1. no one is taking hardcores fun away ... its bioware and hardcore who are discriminating against easy mode players .

Hardcore and group player can both solve their own problems at the player level

Yet with level sync , stat caps/ diminishing returns and open world mob buffs ...

There is NOTHING a player who wants the game EASIER can do to make it easier

2. Yes you can do hard mode Class stories by adjusting your armor and abilities and putting companion on passive or dismissing the companion

Thing is if you want the game to be more difficult you can :

- play the hardest content

- take off your gear or wear the most basic unmodded one

- put your companions on passive so that they won't help you

What can anyone who want to play on easy mode do though if even the story content becomes too difficult / tedious ?

There's no way to make the game easier while there were ways to make it more difficult...

For example if Hardcore players want more of a challenge in the open world they can wear lower tier armor , not assign ability points ,have the companion on passive ...etc etc ...

As for

BioWare has stopped rewarding harder content as it is.

also me near the top of the thread.

INB4 REEEE harder group content deserves better loot because effort /risk reward etc

harder content and raids are niche and the PRIMARY you should be doing such content because you enjoy it ..not because there is better loot... if you don't dont hard content because it "pays" the same as easy content ..then you are proving my point ...you are not doing it for "fun and challenge " you are doing it for better loot.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

My main is also a Jedi Guardian Defence Tank so Guard and then Tank to reduce her incoming damage

med packs , heroic moment and the out of combat self heal between fights .

Hmm, okay, thanks. Not really how I think of healing, but everyone has their own point of view on these things. :D

They are still OP af...

what are you on about?

what are you basing this on ?

Can you please post your statistical comparison of now to when they had item stats.?

Can you easily solo heroics ?

Can you easily solo vet flashpoint ?

Complaining to complain.

Really???? hmmmm ..if that is so then prove it and back your statement with statistical evidence ...or will consider this just a random troll comment.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Sadly it's the same in every MMO. They only care about the hard core and not the casuals.

Despite the fact that casuals usually make up a larger or equal portion of the population, pay their monthly subs and buy extras from the stores same as everyone else. They are always pushed to the side, ignored and generally stomped on.

Edited by Suzsi

I'm sorry, you are saying you can't solo, SOLO content? Have you tried finding out your rotation and using defensive cooldowns? Not that it's even needed. I just don't understand. Like, you do have a droid that helps you out? Did it disappear and you didn't resummon or something?

Sadly it's the same in every MMO. They only care about the hard core and not the casuals.

Despite the fact that casuals usually make up a larger or equal portion of the population, pay their monthly subs and buy extras from the stores same as everyone else. They are always pushed to the side, ignored and generally stomped on.

What? There isn't a single MMO that does that.

What are you people even on about? Everything in this game is soloable. Even some 4 man veteran content.

Edited by Nemmar

Guess you haven't been spending much time in Zenimax Land lately. Or in this game :D

Are you serious? This game is one of the most SOLO friendly MMO's there are. You have solo versions of all the FP's. What are you people talking about?! This just blows my mind.

I play this game mostly solo. I only do ops on sundays with the guild. I have no effin clue what you people are talking about. This game is super solo friendly.

I solo all heroics 2 and 4. I can solo 4 man veteran flashpoints. I solo stuff that shouldn't be soloable. I just... i don't understand where you people are coming from. I can only think that you lost your assistance droid somehwere along the way. Cause how can you possibly not manage to do solo FP's? You literally got 2 companions with you. Even if you faceroll the keyboard you can do anything.

So, this can only have been some other screw up.

Edited by Nemmar

what are you basing this on ? your personal opinion or a comparison of now or when they had item stats.?

I was able to solo vet flashpoints when they has item stats.

So please be more detailed with the statistics that lead you to this conclusion.

trolling so you can be a troll.

So you were able to solo content supposed to be done with 4 players. Great for you.

I liked that there was more need to group before 4.0, the game changed I had to adapt. The game now changed again as MMOs are prone to do. It's your turn to adapt.

Who is to judge which change is better or worse?

You like the previous one, I like this one. We are both paying subscribers, who of us is worth more, who is to decide what's better?

And for the "elitists complained and caused this"... Really?

There were tons of threads criticising levelsync after 4.0, they changed pretty much nothing, and now there has been a change because of the practically non existing recent threads about asking for more difficulty? Not even counting the fact that the forums are way less active these days and the people writing here an even smaller part of the player base.

I'd rather think this change was the consequence of what Bioware did read in their statistics and data collected from the game and numbers of people giving their reason when unsubscribing.

Voting with the wallet is what has an effect, ranting in the forums doesn't.

It comes all down to the question who the game aims for, who is the current clientele that is supposed to be attracted to play. Are you, I or that guy over there part of the target audience?

None of us players have any official data about that, no hard numbers and most likely won't get them either, but while the change might not be for everyone, considering how many returning players I know like it and plan to stay longer than just a month, I don't think it's bad for the game as a whole.

Are you serious? This game is one of the most SOLO friendly MMO's there are. You have solo versions of all the FP's. What are you people talking about?! This just blows my mind.

If I had the wattage, I'd hunt down the ESO livestream where the devs went out of their way saying that solo and casual players don't care at all about gear or how powerful they are. That they're just running around killing dragons and didn't care about stats. Hence, their last major patch with Elsweyr Part 2 included massive nerfs across the board for all players in all parts of the game because the 1% of high end raiders were clearing the hardest DLC dungeons and raids too quickly.

This game and ESO are still pretty solo-friendly, but it's a lot less friendly after the 6.0 nerfs. WoW, from what I've been reading, has upped the difficulty on low-level content as well. Was just also watching bits of the GW2 livestream today-- and they're upgrading difficulty on the new maps to account for new masteries. There's an industry-wide trend toward making baseline content more difficult at the expense of casual, story type players.

I'm sorry, you are saying you can't solo, SOLO content? Have you tried finding out your rotation and using defensive cooldowns? Not that it's even needed. I just don't understand. Like, you do have a droid that helps you out? Did it disappear and you didn't resummon or something?

What are you people even on about? Everything in this game is soloable. Even some 4 man veteran content.

there's a difference to being able to and it being enjoyable. You think this is the first thread complaining about the difficulty increase.

Can you run though everything without worrying about health or rotations including 4 man vets? ?

I can without in a companion in a little game called ESO ...so you're wrong on both accounts ...... and just your comment about rotations ...is just a roundabout way elitists say of saying l2p.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

what are you basing this on ?

Can you please post your statistical comparison of now to when they had item stats.?

Can you easily solo heroics ?

Can you easily solo vet flashpoint ?

Really???? hmmmm ..if that is so then prove it and back your statement with statistical evidence ...or will consider this just a random troll comment.

I solo all but Some herheroic 4's with NO problems at all.

I solo Athiss, Cademimu, Red Reaper, HS, Mando invaders, Korriban, Tython, Essless, Boarding Party.

Took a little better gear, but still doing it. Still soloing VBMs as well.

I play this game mostly solo. I only do ops on sundays with the guild. I have no effin clue what you people are talking about. This game is super solo friendly.

I solo all heroics 2 and 4. I can solo 4 man veteran flashpoints. I solo stuff that shouldn't be soloable. I just... i don't understand where you people are coming from. I can only think that you lost your assistance droid somehwere along the way. Cause how can you possibly not manage to do solo FP's. You literally got 2 companions with you. Even if you faceroll the keyboard you can do anything.

So, this can only have been some another screw up.

Doable solo? Yes. For most. People with disabilities are struggling.

Turned into an annoying grind fest since the lsst update compaired to before the update? Also yes. Don't recall asking for a grind fest as part of my solo 'content'.

Are some parts still BROKEN to the point of some being unable to advance the story? Also yes. Iokath walker, although better then it was, is STILL buggy. Was reported on test but went live bugged and still aint fixed right.

What I don't recall is most us casuals ever asking for this mess.

Edited by Suzsi

I tried my best with it. I was able to go through all the class stories in vanilla, doing most of the HM fp and ops.

And I still can't beat the bonus boss of the new fp .

So you were able to solo content supposed to be done with 4 players. Great for you.

I liked that there was more need to group before 4.0, the game changed I had to adapt. The game now changed again as MMOs are prone to do. It's your turn to adapt.

You like the previous one, I like this one. We are both paying subscribers, who of us is worth more, who is to decide what's better?

There were tons of threads criticising levelsync after 4.0, they changed pretty much nothing, and now there has been a change because of the practically non existing recent threads about asking for more difficulty? Not even counting the fact that the forums are way less active these days and the people writing here an even smaller part of the player base. I'd rather think this change was the consequence of what Bioware did read in their statistics and data collected from the game and numbers of people giving their reason when unsubscribing.

It comes all down to the question who the game aims for, who is the current clientele that is supposed to be attracted to play. Are you, I or that guy over there part of the target audience?

None of us players have any official data about that, no hard numbers and most likely won't get them either, but while the change might not be for everyone, considering how many returning players I know like it and plan to stay longer than just a month, I don't think it's bad for the game as a whole.

repeated comment type answered already so just going to cut and paste my reply

1. no one is taking hardcores fun away ... its bioware and hardcore who are discriminating against easy mode players .

Yet with level sync , stat caps/ diminishing returns and open world mob buffs ...

What can anyone who want to play on easy mode do though if even the story content becomes too difficult / tedious ?

There's no way to make the game easier while there were ways to make it more difficult...

For example if Hardcore players want more of a challenge in the open world they can wear lower tier armor , not assign ability points ,have the companion on passive ...etc etc ...

INB4 REEEE harder group content deserves better loot because effort /risk reward etc

harder content and raids are niche and the PRIMARY you should be doing such content because you enjoy it ..not because there is better loot... if you don't dont hard content because it "pays" the same as easy content ..then you are proving my point ...you are not doing it for "fun and challenge " you are doing it for better loot.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

there's a difference to being able to and it being enjoyable. You think this is the first thread complaining about the difficulty increase.

Can you run though everything without worrying about health or rotations including 4 man vets? ?

I can without in a companion in a little game called ESO ...so you're wrong on both accounts ...... and just your comment about rotations ...is just a roundabout way elitists say of saying l2p.

You are right. It's not fun at all cause it's so easy. I can literally not do any tactics and still be fine.

And yes, you can solo everything in SOLO difficulty without any defensives and rotations. It just takes longer. Now if you choose to stand on an AoE the whole fight, well... it's your own fault ain't it? To run heroic 4's and to solo veteran/HM FP's i have to play at my max and be decently geared, but that isn't supposed to be solo content. So, it's alright if you don't have the skills to pull that off.

I am totally not wrong. You are not even trying. And i don't care about ESO. I'm talking about SWTOR. ESO problems take up with Zenimax.

Edited by Nemmar

You are right. It's not fun at all cause it's so easy. I can literally not do any tactics and still be fine.

And yes, you can solo everything in SOLO difficulty without any defensives and rotations. It just takes longer. Now if you choose to stand on an AoE the whole fight, well... it's your own fault ain't it? To run heroic 4's and to solo veteran FP's i have to play at my max, but that isn't supposed to be solo content. So, it's alright if you don't have the skills to pull that off.

I am totally not wrong. You are not even trying. And i don't care about ESO. I'm talking about SWTOR. ESO problems take up with Zenimax.

repeated comment type answered already so just going to cut and paste my reply

I tried my best with it. I was able to go through all the class stories in vanilla, doing most of the HM fp and ops.

And I still can't beat the bonus boss of the new fp .

That fp was fairly simple. Good but easy enough. I've noticed the difficulty hike and it took a short time to adapt to and that was it. I do agree it's a little harder but still fun.

Edited by lukeisjedi

There were tons of threads criticising levelsync after 4.0, they changed pretty much nothing, and now there has been a change because of the practically non existing recent threads about asking for more difficulty? Not even counting the fact that the forums are way less active these days and the people writing here an even smaller part of the player base.

I'd rather think this change was the consequence of what Bioware did read in their statistics and data collected from the game and numbers of people giving their reason when unsubscribing.

What are you talking about?

Before 4.0 there was easier for solo players because there was NO levelsync so ppl can easily solo many low level contents, even 2-4 men NIM ops of level 50. They buffed the companion because of the levelsync.