The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 01: Revan vs. Meetra Surik

Aurbere

Welcome everyone to a new versus series- The BattleZone! For those that have read my recent fan-fic, the name should be familiar to you. However, this versus series is The BattleZone in name only.

The series is based off of the Jedi Temple Apprentice Tournament, a tournament in which thirty-two combatants battle to see who is the best. I have collected powerful Jedi and Sith to be pitted against each other in an epic tournament, adding in my own personal touch, of course. I have created the matches to be as close as possible. So let's get started...

The first match pits Jedi Master Revan against the Lost Jedi Master Meetra Surik.

Battlefield: Dantooine- Jedi Enclave

Lightsaber Skills:

Revan:

Revan was held as one of the greatest champions of the Jedi Order in his time. Revan displayed impressive dueling skill throughout his lifetime, battling skilled opponents such as Mandalore the Ultimate and Darth Malak. In battle he used acrobatic maneuvers and his increased agility to gain a tactical advantage over his opponents.

Meetra Surik:

Meetra Surik was a practitioner of several lightsaber forms, proving herself as skilled as some of the greatest masters of her time. She was also a quick learner, capable of learning lightsaber forms simply by studying others. She was also known to use Dun Moch in combat, a skill she employed to defeat Darth Sion. She was also trained in several forms of Battle Precognition. Surik displayed incredible combat skill to defeat opponents such as Darth Sion and Darth Traya.

Edge: This may be too difficult for me to call. I think I would give a slight edge to Meetra Surik due to her being a quick learner. While they are both smart duelists, Meetra Surik will be able to pick up on Revan's combat strategies and effectively counter them. This gives her a slight edge in my opinion.

Force Powers:

Revan:

Revan was extraordinarily gifted in The Force, noted as one of the most powerful Jedi of his time. Revan displayed skill in many different areas including telekinesis and tutaminis. Revan was also known to use powers of the Dark Side on occasion, making him unpredictable.

Meetra Surik:

Meetra Surik was very gifted in The Force. She was a Force Enlightened Jedi Master, unlocking the full scope of the Light Side of The Force. Through her training with Darth Traya, she learned the rare abilities of Breath Control and Beast Trick. She was also capable of using Sever Force.

Edge: This is difficult to call as well, but Meetra Surik's mastery of the Light Side gives her an edge over Revan's ability to use the powers of the Light Side and the Dark Side.

(Note that when I give an edge to someone, it is just my opinion)

So who will win in this contest? Who is truly superior?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rayla will ensure surik wins :L

As soon as I get back home ill post my opinions, but brilliant opening match up aubere! :D

I have no doubt about that. :p

But we shall see what others have to say about this match up.

I wanna say Meetra tbh, I mean the only notable duels that Revan won was against Mandalore and Malek, the former of which was at a disadvantage with terms of fighting(The Force + Lightsaber). Now you could say killing Nyriss was a feat, being that she overpowered both Scourge and Meetra...but she didn't really die by Revan directly, he only redirected her own power back at her.

Whereas with Meetra, she fought against 3 Sith Lords and defeated them(well...2, I guess you could say she didn't really kill Sion by defeating him in the sense of a duel but more through words.) Nihilus never really showed impressive lightsaber skills, however he had a variety of Force Powers to make up for that. Traya is self explanatory.

But given that Surik became a master in using the Lightside, whereas Revan flip flopped add to the fact she learns as she is fighting then she has a much better chance to win this. Being unpredictable can help, however its not always a win.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Aww, poor Meetra. She really doesn't stand a chance in this contest.

We've got Revan, who was a powerhouse with the Force by everyone's standards and was never known to have lost a duel (excepting a draw against Malek, but that was when he was still remembering his identity). When he killed Malek on the Star Forge, Malek was drawing on the powers of multiple captive Jedi and Revan still beat him down, awing Malek with his sheer tenacity and strength.

Surik, on the other hand, only really defeated Traya in a straight fight, and she was old and well past her prime (and missing a hand). So while Surik is certainly strong in the Force, I don't think she's in the same league as Revan. Her lightsaber skills are also nothing to laugh at, but Revan in the same boat with Exar Kun in that no one actually knows just how good he really is with the blade, only that everyone who's ever crossed lightsabers with him has come away either dead or disabled.

Since the battleground is the Jedi Enclave, I think both of them will be familiar with the terrain, so no advantage to either side. Going to have to say that Revan will dispatch Surik, albeit after a rather protracted fight. She's not going down easy, but there's nothing in her arsenal that will really keep up with Revan.

But given that Surik became a master in using the Lightside, whereas Revan flip flopped a lot add to the fact she learns as she is fighting then she has a much better chance to win this. Being unpredictable can help, however its not always a win.

Revan didn't flip flop "a lot", he fell to the Dark side once and was later redeemed, surpassing his previous power as a Sith Lord while retaining his knowledge of the Dark side, much the way Luke Skywalker and Kyle Katarn would later dabble in darker powers while still being paragons of the Light Side.

Revan didn't flip flop "a lot", he fell to the Dark side once and was later redeemed, surpassing his previous power as a Sith Lord while retaining his knowledge of the Dark side, much the way Luke Skywalker and Kyle Katarn would later dabble in darker powers while still being paragons of the Light Side.

He fell to the darkside, was redeemed, then later on he was falling yet again to the darkside. Unless we don't count SWTOR here, then ya he didn't flip flop a lot...I probably shouldn't have used the word a lot, so there I removed it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Surik was a full master of the Light Side of the Force, she was enlightened through it and harnessed it completely, this peaked in the ability known as sever force.

She also had a battle meditation that she could use on the run, she did not have to meditate on it, she could actively use battle meditation on herself whilst fighting, this was mixed with Echani battle precognition.

Surik also had an extremely strong will, she could hide her thoughts from even the strongest force users whilst probing, easily, her enemy's mind this was combined with a Miralukan ability to see through the force, know the truth of her opponent and use Dun Moch to demoralise and emotionally trick her combatants during her fights, with the knowledge she gains from them.

She also learned how to express her force ability in numerous ways, allowing her to use it in a focused and channelled way where she could direct it at opponents or inwardly, allowing her to calm herself and relying entirely on her more intimate knowledge of the Light Side to direct her in combat.

Her most impressive accomplishment came at Malachor V, when she single-handedly eliminated an entire academy filled with Sith Lords, Marauders and Assassins, then duelling Darth Sion whom had the experience of killing Jedi Masters for decades since the Exar Kun War and after striking him down multiple times till he gave up on living. Then she defeated her own master in single combat, severing her connection to the force mid-combat, all of these opponents were greatly empowered by the Dark Side Nexus known as the Trayus Core and Surik even recounted feeling ill during this battle, I think this more than matches Revan's battle on the Star Forge.

Whilst Revan may have experienced both sides of the force and learned abilities from both, many other Jedi turned Sith can account for the same, so I do not see it as anything special at all. Where as the Exile had managed to become an Enlightened Jedi Master, who's connection to the force allowed her to train six Jedi Padawans simultaneously to the level of Jedi Knight in the space of two standard Galactic months, one of these padawans in Mical became a leading member of the Jedi High Council, Brianna went on to become the lead historian of the Order as well.

Last but not least, in anticipation of quotes from Kreia about how great Revan was, she died calling the Exile the greatest student she had ever trained.

I wanna say Meetra tbh, I mean the only notable duels that Revan won was against Mandalore and Malek, the former of which was at a disadvantage with terms of fighting(The Force + Lightsaber). Now you could say killing Nyriss was a feat, being that she overpowered both Scourge and Meetra...but she didn't really die by Revan directly, he only redirected her own power back at her.

Now the Nyriss fight is very misconceived and underplayed. What you view as simply Revan redirecting her own power back at her i respectfully disagree. The way it happened was that Nyriss is destroying Meetra and Scourge with ease in both saber combat and in the force. In comes Revan who flat out tells her that compared to him her power is absolutely nothing. Nyriss getting pissed throws all her power into her lightning at once at Revan planning to destroy all 3 of her opponents at once. Revan not only catches all of her power with ease via. Tutamis he redirects it at her and since she put everything she had into that lightning she had no energy left to catch her own attack.

In Revan vs the Emperor, Vitiate put everything he had into his lightning to destroy Revan because hes terrified that he might actually die, since Revan had knocked him on his arse twice and was countering everything that Vitiate was throwing at him. Revan tries to catch it, however the full power of Vitiate's lightning was too much for him and was slowly killing him.

In other words if Nyriss was truly stronger than Revan then she wouldve been able to overpower his Tutamis with her lightning. Since this isnt the case and Nyriss was able to wipe the floor with Surik in both the force and saber skills, i give the force to Revan, now saber skills is the only real question mark.

Edited by Darkondo

Aww, poor Meetra. She really doesn't stand a chance in this contest.

Surik, on the other hand, only really defeated Traya in a straight fight, and she was old and well past her prime (and missing a hand). So while Surik is certainly strong in the Force, I don't think she's in the same league as Revan. Her lightsaber skills are also nothing to laugh at, but Revan in the same boat with Exar Kun in that no one actually knows just how good he really is with the blade, only that everyone who's ever crossed lightsabers with him has come away either dead or disabled.

Since the battleground is the Jedi Enclave, I think both of them will be familiar with the terrain, so no advantage to either side. Going to have to say that Revan will dispatch Surik, albeit after a rather protracted fight. She's not going down easy, but there's nothing in her arsenal that will really keep up with Revan.

Awww.... Poor you... It seems your dellusional :(

Old? Well past her prime? Dude.... This is Darth Traya. Besides, "Old and well past her time" has happened to some of the best Jedi/Sith in history. It seems people just get stronger in the force with age, look at Yoda for example, that dude was 900 years old and the greatest Jedi in the Order.... Dont forget Surik defeated Nihilus, who would have managed to go unchallenged through the Galaxy if not for her, AND she managed to beat Sion, an expert duelist, multiple times in single combat before managing to convince him to let the darkness go.

No one knows how really good revan is with the blade, but the same can be said for Surik. To be honest, i think they are both the Consular type class, relying more on Force Power, not martial strength....

And lastly... Nothing in her arsenal to stand up to revan? Force Enlightenment. 'Nuff said.

Now the Nyriss fight is very misconceived and underplayed. What you view as simply Revan redirecting her own power back at her i respectfully disagree. The way it happened was that Nyriss is destroying Meetra and Scourge with ease in both saber combat and in the force. In comes Revan who flat out tells her that compared to him her power is absolutely nothing. Nyriss getting pissed throws all her power into her lightning at once at Revan planning to destroy all 3 of her opponents at once. Revan not only catches all of her power with ease via. Tutamis he redirects it at her and since she put everything she had into that lightning she had no energy left to catch her own attack.

In Revan vs the Emperor, Vitiate put everything he had into his lightning to destroy Revan because hes terrified that he might actually die, since Revan had knocked him on his arse twice and was countering everything that Vitiate was throwing at him. Revan tries to catch it, however the full power of Vitiate's lightning was too much for him and was slowly killing him.

In other words if Nyriss was truly stronger than Revan then she wouldve been able to overpower his Tutamis with her lightning. Since this isnt the case and Nyriss was able to wipe the floor with Surik in both the force and saber skills, i give the force to Revan, now saber skills is the only real question mark.

I never said that Nyriss was stronger then Revan, just that she didn't really die via Revan's own hand personally it was just redirected power.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Um.... What?

Im pretty sure Revan couldnt redirect Vitiates in the same way because Vitiates was a constant stream of Lightning, not a bolt like Nyriss's.

Also, being able to redirect one doesnt mean Jack Squat.... Eg, lets look at it this way.

Revans Power = 100

Suriks = 100 (Same here for no reason other than we havnt decided whose stronger)

Scourge = 30

Nyriss = 250

Vitiate = 1000.

Now, say Nyriss was throwing the bolt, and revan was to redirect, via Tutamis, he only needs 62.5 (1/4 of her power) in order to redirect it. If it was vitiate, he would need 250, which he doesnt have.

Now, im not saying this is Exactly how tutamis worked, im just saying, simply because he could redirect Nyriss' power doesnt mean hes stronger, it could just mean He only needs a fraction of her power to redirect it.

Surik was a full master of the Light Side of the Force, she was enlightened through it and harnessed it completely, this peaked in the ability known as sever force.

She also had a battle meditation that she could use on the run, she did not have to meditate on it, she could actively use battle meditation on herself whilst fighting, this was mixed with Echani battle precognition.

Surik also had an extremely strong will, she could hide her thoughts from even the strongest force users whilst probing, easily, her enemy's mind this was combined with a Miralukan ability to see through the force, know the truth of her opponent and use Dun Moch to demoralise and emotionally trick her combatants during her fights, with the knowledge she gains from them.

She also learned how to express her force ability in numerous ways, allowing her to use it in a focused and channelled way where she could direct it at opponents or inwardly, allowing her to calm herself and relying entirely on her more intimate knowledge of the Light Side to direct her in combat.

Her most impressive accomplishment came at Malachor V, when she single-handedly eliminated an entire academy filled with Sith Lords, Marauders and Assassins, then duelling Darth Sion whom had the experience of killing Jedi Masters for decades since the Exar Kun War and after striking him down multiple times till he gave up on living. Then she defeated her own master in single combat, severing her connection to the force mid-combat, all of these opponents were greatly empowered by the Dark Side Nexus known as the Trayus Core and Surik even recounted feeling ill during this battle, I think this more than matches Revan's battle on the Star Forge.

Whilst Revan may have experienced both sides of the force and learned abilities from both, many other Jedi turned Sith can account for the same, so I do not see it as anything special at all. Where as the Exile had managed to become an Enlightened Jedi Master, who's connection to the force allowed her to train six Jedi Padawans simultaneously to the level of Jedi Knight in the space of two standard Galactic months, one of these padawans in Mical became a leading member of the Jedi High Council, Brianna went on to become the lead historian of the Order as well.

Last but not least, in anticipation of quotes from Kreia about how great Revan was, she died calling the Exile the greatest student she had ever trained.

Well yes Kreia did say that, but she hadnt seen Revan at the peak of his power, only right before he became Darth Revan. And in responce to this quote, Surik even stated that Revan had greater command of the force than anyone she had ever seen (IK you hate the Revan novel for downplaying the Exile, but regardless of what you think about it, it is still C-Canon). Also Scourge even stated that when Surik was around Revan that she was his student again.

I know you have plenty more in store for me on this vs. thread so I welcome the challenge.

Edited by Darkondo

Kreia simply meant this in the sense that the Exile understood her teachings and philosophy. Kreia was never really so concerned with the Exile's combat abilities as she was with shaping the philosophy of the Exile and teaching her to understand the flaws of the Jedi and the Sith. So that quote is rather ambiguous in its meaning.

Furthermore, we have this concerning Revan:

Revan was extraordinarily powerful in the Force.[2][7][8][23][33] After reformation, Revan's command of the Force had reached to such a degree that he could channel both the light and dark sides of the Force simultaneously for strength; making him highly unpredictable and overwhelming in combat situations.[2] Another powerful Jedi, Meetra Surik, once mused that Revan's command of the Force was greater than that of anyone else she had ever met.[2] In addition, Sith Lord Scourge once mused that both Revan and Vitiate understood the Force in ways that he perhaps never would.

Meetra Surik herself feels that Revan is in a league beyond her comprehension, and Scourge equates Revan and Vitiate's understanding of the force to a similar level, one that outclasses his potential. This was after Surik had completed all of her training with Kreia, at the peak of her abilities. So Surik, at her strongest, still looks upon Revan and admits that he outclasses her in the use of the Force.

This isn't even considering lightsaber abilities, which Revan was also incredibly proficient in. Even without the Force he was capable of defeating every duelist in the arena on Taris, arguably at the bare minimum of his abilities.

Meetra Surik herself feels that Revan is in a league beyond her comprehension, and Scourge equates Revan and Vitiate's understanding of the force to a similar level, one that outclasses his potential. This was after Surik had completed all of her training with Kreia, at the peak of her abilities. So Surik, at her strongest, still looks upon Revan and admits that he outclasses her in the use of the Force.

She would have said this during the Mandalorian Wars, not after what she went through.

Edited by Selenial

Um.... What?

Im pretty sure Revan couldnt redirect Vitiates in the same way because Vitiates was a constant stream of Lightning, not a bolt like Nyriss's.

Also, being able to redirect one doesnt mean Jack Squat.... Eg, lets look at it this way.

Revans Power = 100

Suriks = 100 (Same here for no reason other than we havnt decided whose stronger)

Scourge = 30

Nyriss = 250

Vitiate = 1000.

Now, say Nyriss was throwing the bolt, and revan was to redirect, via Tutamis, he only needs 62.5 (1/4 of her power) in order to redirect it. If it was vitiate, he would need 250, which he doesnt have.

Now, im not saying this is Exactly how tutamis worked, im just saying, simply because he could redirect Nyriss' power doesnt mean hes stronger, it could just mean He only needs a fraction of her power to redirect it.

Sorry its not how Tutamis works, and it does prove that hes stronger in the force, why do you think Starkiller couldnt redirect Sidious lightning via Tutamis? Starkiller is at least 80%+ of Sidious in power so by your logic he should have been able to redirect Sidious' lightning and kill him which we know wasnt the case.

I stand by my statement, if Nyriss was really stronger than why couldnt she overpower Revan's tutamis?

Kreia simply meant this in the sense that the Exile understood her teachings and philosophy. Kreia was never really so concerned with the Exile's combat abilities as she was with shaping the philosophy of the Exile and teaching her to understand the flaws of the Jedi and the Sith. So that quote is rather ambiguous in its meaning.

1.That doesn't make sense because the Exile ignored everything Kreia ever told her to do.

2.She made a huge deal about her having to take more teachings and knowledge into herself before facing Nihilus, so I disagree, respectfully.

Furthermore, we have this concerning Revan:

This isn't even considering lightsaber abilities, which Revan was also incredibly proficient in. Even without the Force he was capable of defeating every duelist in the arena on Taris, arguably at the bare minimum of his abilities.

I would advise not using Wookieepedia to determine such things, because that is one hell of a misconception, Revan and the Exile have a moment of intimacy where she tries to reassure him of his power, then Revan says straight back at her that is was not just his teachings all those years back in the wars, but that she forged her own path and has become a very powerful Jedi in her own right.

Sorry its not how Tutamis works, and it does prove that hes stronger in the force, why do you think Starkiller couldnt redirect Sidious lightning via Tutamis? Starkiller is at least 80%+ of Sidious in power so by your logic he should have been able to redirect Sidious' lightning and kill him which we know wasnt the case.

I stand by my statement, if Nyriss was really stronger than why couldnt she overpower Revan's tutamis?

What? No he isn't, he barely won against Vader.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You claim that Revan has to be stronger than Nyriss to use Tutaminis, yet Yoda used it twice against Darth Sidious who was far more powerful than Yoda was.

Did you watch the movies, which are considered absolute canon that overrules G-canon from the novelization. Sidious put everything he had into the lightning he used against Yoda, and when Yoda caught it his face dropped and he was actually scared. Also during there saber fight Sidious was also getting frustrated that he was unable to overcome Yoda.

"If so powerful you are, why leave?" -Yoda

If Sidious really won the fight from before the start of the fight like the novelization says, then why did he try to run? Movies>Novelization.

Edited by Darkondo