Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

Ryvirath

My full makeb com set bolsters to 2004.

I'm debating keeping it just to compare to crafted 66 mods and full partisan.

Somethin's wrong BW. It would take you a day to play around with this and recode Bolster, unless the coding really is that big of a failmare.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These developers (or developer?) should be embarrassed.

However, the community managers should be equally as embarrassed for not responding and telling us what is going on and when we can expect this to be fixed.

It makes me sad that the top rated teams on my server feel like they need to do this. But I wouldn't expect any team to gimp themselves. I feel like that's all rateds have become - moving from one abuse of the broken system to another.

Edited by Jaiyne

It makes me sad that the top rated teams on my server are abusing this. I feel like that's all rateds have become - moving from one abuse of the broken system to another.

It sucks that people abuse these bugs, but at the same time it brings a higher level of awareness of them within the community which leads to more threads and bug reports, which in turn (hopefully) brings about a quicker resolution from the dev team.

Not asking for a guide. Simply looking for where there are trade offs & how it may be perceived. Obviously, that can't be intentional in its design.

my stats with completly modded conquerer gear, matrix-cube and reusable stim as an assa:

Damage (Pri): 1467 - 1729 (-134 - 194)

Force Bonus Damage: 1317,6 (-94,4)

Expertise: 2017 (+5)

Health: 30690 (+1198)

edit:

accuracy: 94,97%

crit (force): 19,6%

crit multiplier: 75,03%

I will not provide you with a guide for exploiting but equipping a Shadow/Sin with an electrostaff, namely "Rampart Staff of the Untouchable Overseer", plus a couple of other PVE items can result in:

Damage (Pri): 1601 - 1923

Force Bonus Damage: 1412

Expertise: 2012

Health: 29492

Working as intended? Yeah, sure...

Edited by Trayon

Currently, the only thing bolster does is force players into min/maxing the latest exploit by trying on different combinations of PvE gear.

Actually, that's all Bolster will ever do. That's the main problem with the mechanic. It's not an "objective" perfect system. It's a normative system, and as such, has its own built-in norms. Not only that, but the norms are not static. They will change with each new introduction of gear tiers. So LolbolsterPvP will always be a bolster chase.

In short, bolster is doing the exact opposite of what it's intended to do, and has been since it was implemented.

I actually disagree with this. Lolbolster is doing exactly what it was intended to do, and that is to make PvP more accessible and easier for casual PvErs.

You could always get pretty close to 1400 bonus damage if you stacked all power.

Not with all PvP gear. My BiS build clocks me in at 1250. Please point me to an all PvP gear build with 1400 bd. I would like to see it, regardless of class.

THANK YOU BIOWARE FOR MAKING PVP-GEAR WORTHLESS!

You're overreacting. PvP Gear isn't worthless mang. It's just not BiS. lol

Wow, so another bolster exploit.

Was wondering when this one was going to finally see the light of day. Took longer than expected. I know of another bug/exploit that I haven't seen mentioned on the boards at all. So there's more...

Bolster is a good idea, just poorly implemented. The Devs will always be chasing bugs/exploits with it due to its normative design.

It makes me sad that the top rated teams on my server are abusing this. I feel like that's all rateds have become - moving from one abuse of the broken system to another.

That's why Bolster should be REMOVED from Rated War Zones. I've been advocating this since Bolster beta, and I'll say it again. Take Bolster out of Rated PvP. Not only would it eliminate the potential for exploiting, but it would make the endgame PvP gear grind worth doing.

Now that's a stat line. Too bad I can't get it from PvP gear.

my stats with completly modded conquerer gear, matrix-cube and reusable stim as an assa:

Damage (Pri): 1467 - 1729 (-134 - 194)

Force Bonus Damage: 1317,6 (-94,4)

Expertise: 2017 (+5)

Health: 30690 (+1198)

adding:

--> Accuracy: 94.7%

--> Crit. Chance: 20.3%

--> Crit. Multiplier: 76.6%