Theróna's Thursday Thrashing: Oricon World PvP Event

jereellison

This week, the world PvP will be on Oricon starting at 8pm central time (-6 UTC). Figure we'll fight around the central tower between the two bases.

We had a pretty good showing last time on CZ-198, so I'm hoping for a good show tonight, as well. If you're still looking for PvP achievements, these weekly beat-em-ups are a good way to rack up the numbers.

We'll keep going as long as people are around.

Also, I'm not 100% sure if it works out of warzones, but if you have Party Jawas, please bring them and keep them up for people going for those achievements, as well.

Edited by jereellison

Yes, we'll be doing something the same time as normal. :-)

I think I'll continue with the "Daily Areas" theme, and go with Black Hole this week. I had some people who wanted a place that didn't need quite as many kills to finish out (i.e.: CZ-198 and Oricon), so Black Hole tops out at 500 kills, which is much more reasonable, and will have people feeling like they're making more progress, quicker.

I'll post something on the SWTOR subreddit, and maybe again on here? I changed the title, so maybe I can just update this thread every week? We'll see.

If you're wanting Oricon, it'll be rotating back up pretty soon, I'm sure. I may just focus on rotating through Daily Areas for a while since those are the places that seem to need the most kills, and that means people will want to see them more often than some place like Quesh.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, though we've shifted things a bit.

The event tended to be one-sided the last few weeks, such that it wasn't very fun, and we weren't really ACCOMPLISHING anything. As such, we've shifted to less of an open-world format, and more of a closed one, in which a bunch of us will get on and trade kills for a while, working toward the achievement.

We have a Discord for it, and I can send you the link if you're interested. Otherwise, we'll be on Voss near the Shrine of Healing tonight at the same time as usual (8pm CST).

We're not denying anyone from joining, just trying to focus more on drawing in people who are more concerned with getting achievement credit than with just face-rolling in 20-to-5 brawls.