BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

Greetings!

So, I got to level 50 last night, and decided to complete the class quest today. As some of you no doubt know, the final fight is against the Emperor. No sweat!

The real issue here is that T7-01 is the only available companion. He's in level 14 gear, simply because I've used other companions ever since I got Kira. I assume this is the case for a lot of Guardians out there, especially Defense specced ones. Later on, the obvious companion choice is Doc, regardless of spec.

So what to do? I have a hard time getting the Emperor even to 50%, let alone kill the guy. That's just not happening. Not as long as I have a completely undergeared companion capable of doing no damage whatsoever and tanking for about two hits and then he goes squash.

Here's what I suggest: Remove T7-01 from the fight as well somehow, making it a solo fight, tuned as a solo fight. Right now it's tuned as a proper boss fight, but in reality most people will be doing it solo since their companion is completely worthless at that point.

My only other alternative right now is to get out of Dromund Kaas (which I already have), and then start to gear up T7-01, which I'm not very interested in to be honest as I have no use for him beyond that one fight.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little frustration here after dying way too many times in the ancient temple on Dromund Kaas, while also providing some feedback.

Edited by Ellvaan
Added Spoiler tags

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, folks!

A quick reminder to please use the available SPOILER tags when sharing something that spoils the story! You can use them like this:

[noparse]

(Information here.)

[/noparse]

That will give you this:

(Information here.)

Thank you for your understanding and help keeping this forum spoiler-free!

My T7 has good equipment now and still the fight is almost impossible. is there anyway to get the clones to despawn ? must be some trick to do it in the fight. they can't expect to have all of them on us at once. almost a 1 hit for us

UPDATE: Updated my companion further. with stuff fomr Corellia quest rewards and commendations, still the fight is impossible to do. Even if i damange the clones to get to despawn my companion still dies super fast in the first wave, i'm tank specc btw

Edited by Noxside

Yes, it's simply not doable for me. I've heard of a few people being able to do it, but I suspect they're burst specced Sentinels or some such thing, capable of burning things fast while using defensive cooldowns.

I am tank spec as well, and it's simply not possible without serious upgrades. I'm not even sure it's possible then.

When I beat him during beta, I knew most people would never be able to beat that encounter in it's current state.

What I remember is in the large room before you reach him, there seem to be some runes on the floor and plates on the walls you can interact with. They might influance the fight in some way, but for me they were graphically bugged and i could not identify them, so I just ignored them. Might give that a try.

If everything else fails, ask someone for help. Not the optimal solution, but there it is.

I might add my walkthrough, if I manage to remember the fight in more detail. Beat him as a level 50 Guardian, defensive spec with crit/surge items.

Edited by Nezrathor

When I beat him during beta, I knew most people would never be able to beat that encounter in it's current state.

What I remember is in the large room before you reach him, there seem to be some runes on the floor and plates on the walls you can interact with. They might influance the fight in some way, but for me they were graphically bugged and i could not identify them, so I just ignored them. Might give that a try.

If everything else fails, ask someone for help. Not the optimal solution, but there it is.

I completed the pattern in that main room in beta and it spawned a chest, but the chest wasn't lootable. It kept giving me LoS errors no matter where I stood and it wouldn't open, but I have to believe it must be involved somehow or else why is it there?

Yes, it's simply not doable for me. I've heard of a few people being able to do it, but I suspect they're burst specced Sentinels or some such thing, capable of burning things fast while using defensive cooldowns.

I am tank spec as well, and it's simply not possible without serious upgrades. I'm not even sure it's possible then.

I assure you, even with all my cooldowns popped in pretty good gear my DPS as a Sentinel wasn't even close to being enough. I had to get help, as has every other JK I know.

I was able to do it in 3 attempts, but I also knew what happens from beta (It took me a long time in beta to actually do it however). The biggest part of that was knowing I had to use T7 so I accummulated gear for him as I leveled. I'm specifically not spoilering that because it's absolutely obnoxious that we're required to use a specific companion that we may not have touched since maybe level 15. There's no indication whatsoever until you're halfway through with this quest that this is going to be the case (or if there is, it's so subtle it's very easy to miss). Edited by Nellise

This fight is just terribly hard. It's not even close. Really I am a bit angry I wanted to complete my story but there is no way Iam gonna do this, maybe after 50 attempts but I don't want wait 10 minutes cuz of death penalty. Give me Doc there or tune fight down srsly. Bioware get on this.

I am also a defense specced Guardian and after about 5 hours of repeated attempts, and blowing every cool down have been unable to finish this fight. I get him close and he uses some sort of throwback ability that does upwards of 40k damage. Any hints?

Yeah, realize that all the crap you were told over 50 levels of being someone special is actually crap and the Emperor will destroy the Galaxy...

Got Emperor now down to 10k HP, then dropped dead... this *censored Word here* Fight destroyed the complete Story Feeling.

Do some of this Guys even play their own game?

Just really really pissed, I spend a lot of creds and Commendations to upgrade T7 to even get there and now that.

Merry Christmas to all of ya, cos mine is ruined. Immersion destroyed, BW you failed with the JK Story, you failed massively.

Yeah, realize that all the crap you were told over 50 levels of being someone special is actually crap and the Emperor will destroy the Galaxy...

Got Emperor now down to 10k HP, then dropped dead... this *censored Word here* Fight destroyed the complete Story Feeling.

Do some of this Guys even play their own game?

Just really really pissed, I spend a lot of creds and Commendations to upgrade T7 to even get there and now that.

Merry Christmas to all of ya, cos mine is ruined. Immersion destroyed, BW you failed with the JK Story, you failed massively.

So I've been at this for the past 3 hours now. I just cant do it, whoever designed this fight hates Jedi Knights, If you want T7 to last longer than the first wave you have to micromanage him, meanwhile all the emperor clones are obsessed with their ranged attacks, and Knights, as we all know, are mostly melee. So I duck behind cover to try and lure them in, the Emperor isnt having any of that crap, and casts Force Storm on my location, behind the pillar and out of line of sight to flush me out...So I run to another pillar, whittle my way through his clones, two waves of that, and I have to hope I dont push him over the HP threshhold for him to start his one shot kill move during that last batch of clones, because he will not hesitate to spam it while you're dealing with the last few clones. Ive blown every cooldown, ive brought along stimpacks and medkits, ive gotten him as low as 10%, and promptly had him bug out and ignore my interrupts to hit me with his one shot kill.

There's hard, and then there is this fight. At this point, I'm just hoping I get lucky. Ive blown about 50k credits on repairs alone so far. This is not fun.

EDIT: Guess what! I got lucky. Got him down to 2k and he promptly bugged out ignored interrupts and instant cast a one shot on me. The difference came in my next attempt, either some bored CSR was peeking in and took pity on me, or its more bugged than they realize because the Emperor took one Lightsaber throw to the face (To start the fight) and gave up. Quest step moved on and I completed the story.

To be honest, Im not really happy with that. I would have much preferred to manage it under my own power rather than luck out and either have help from on high or another bug give me the win. It definitely needs some looking at Bioware, its very very buggy.

Edited by Arganoth

And this is all that Bioware can say about this crap in final quest - USE SPOILER TAG!!111!!11 Seriously, I want to punch in the face the writer/designer of this quest. T-7 is the only option? **** you, I won't even try to finish storyline anymore. But still, I really want to know the name of the writer.

Guys I know it might be frustrating but hey... it's the last boss after all, so you should just make more flashpoint get better gear (assuming you can just leave if you fail the quest) than just retry it... because I haven't fought the last boss yet but I better hope he's still a challenge and not a f****** P**** because you can't beat him XD So gear up a lot with T7, yourself buy some medpac adn get ready to save the galaxy :)

Guys I know it might be frustrating but hey... it's the last boss after all, so you should just make more flashpoint get better gear (assuming you can just leave if you fail the quest) than just retry it... because I haven't fought the last boss yet but I better hope he's still a challenge and not a f****** P**** because you can't beat him XD So gear up a lot with T7, yourself buy some medpac adn get ready to save the galaxy :)

Thing is they're going to release more single player content in the future, and this is suppose to be an example of that then? It's almost like the last part of Dragon Age, you spend the entire game fighting one way and getting good at it and then the last fight is just completely different. And I'm not interrested in overgearing anything, it's the quest that's tuned wrong.

I'm probably not going to log in for a few days, see of the urge even comes back. If people are trying for 5 hours and still can't do it I'm not bothered, seriously poor design. Not to mention that I've reported more bugs leveling to 50 than I've ever done in WOW or even Rift from the thousands of hours I've played those.

the only people i know who have finished it had it bug and he died in one hit.

• Dev Post

Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

The fight wasn't necessarily designed with the thought that you keep up T7's gear throughout the game. Rather, there appears to be a bug we're seeing.

The puzzle in the large main room is indeed intended to help gear T7 if needed. If solved, the resulting chest should provide a full set of blue gear of T7. We thought we had fixed this for launch, but it appears some of you are still not able to loot the chest. If you have solved this puzzle, can you confirm if you had any problem looting the chest, and what exactly happened? In an earlier build, you may have gotten an 'out of range' type of error. Is that what you are getting now or is it just not looting?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

The fight wasn't necessarily designed with the thought that you keep up T7's gear throughout the game. Rather, there appears to be a bug we're seeing.

The puzzle in the large main room is indeed intended to help gear T7 if needed. If solved, the resulting chest should provide a full set of blue gear of T7. We thought we had fixed this for launch, but it appears some of you are still not able to loot the chest. If you have solved this puzzle, can you confirm if you had any problem looting the chest, and what exactly happened? In an earlier build, you may have gotten an 'out of range' type of error. Is that what you are getting now or is it just not looting?

Thanks for your help!

Just compelted the puzzle that reveals the chest, i can clikc it but it does not open. and when i say i can click on it i mean bits of it stick out of whatever stone thing is covering it. cannot get the loot for T7.

edit: it is not even behaving like a normal chest as when i mouse over to loot it it shows it as interactive from any distance.

Edited by Bruteuus

Just compelted the puzzle that reveals the chest, i can clikc it but it does not open. and when i say i can click on it i mean bits of it stick out of whatever stone thing is covering it. cannot get the loot for T7.

edit: it is not even behaving like a normal chest as when i mouse over to loot it it shows it as interactive from any distance.

This was my same experience with it. Before you complete the puzzle there's a table-like object where the chest spawns, that object stayed there when the chest spawned covering up most of the chest. I could click on small parts of the chest that stuck out, but all it did was channel the opening of the chest, but it never opened or let me loot anything.

But even if this is how you're supposed to gear up T7, what about all the trash that is before the chest/puzzle that you've got to clear with a nearly useless companion?

Edited by Nellise