View Single Post

Vid-szhite
05.31.2012 , 09:44 PM | #810
/signed, OP. This happens to me every day:

Oh god there is a guy with the huttball right in front of me I should target him

*tab*

What? It targeted someone that's not even on my screen!

*tab*

It targeted someone that I can't even see because he's around the corner!

*tabtabtab*

OH MY GOD ITS TARGETING PEOPLE ACROSS THE DAMN MAP THAT ISN'T EVEN IN RANGE OR IN FRONT OF ME

*tabtabtabtabtabtabtabtabta-*

OH **** it targeted him BUT NOW I SKIPPED PAST HIM

*shift-tab*

No!? You're not going to target the last person on my list, you're going to get someone COMPLETELY AT RANDOM!?

Tab targeting needs to prioritize people at the center of your screen, not behind you, not so far away that you can't even attack them, not behind something, not off your damn screen, PRIORITIZED AT THE CENTER OF YOUR SCREEN in order of importance (low HP, marked, carrying the huttball, capturing a control point, etc). The game should at least make a good guess who I want to target so that even if I don't get the guy I want right away, I won't have to tab 8 times only to realize I got him on the 7th and have to click him anyway.

PS, MAKE IT EASIER TO FRAGGING CLICK-TARGET SOMEONE!! JESUS! I should not feel like I'm playing a FPS just to target someone! Feels like even if I click someone, it won't register because my mouse has to be on them for both the click AND release! It should be downpress only and have a larger box than just their model! Once again, if they are "high-priority" (see above), make their click-hitbox higher priority too so that people gathering around them won't keep them from being targeted.