Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting on the fleet last night with 25 people at 9:45pm. Just sitting there remembering the times when we used to have 120-140 online waiting for the daily to reset. I get excited now if it takes less than 30mins for a WZ to pop.

Or they could just merge the servers and make oceanic swtor the delightful experience it once was. Really dunno what's hard to understand about this. Even IF f2p is successful, their improved tech could certainly support a high amount of people on the one server. We're a small region, thus one server seems utterly logical.

Instead of playing politics "yeah we're gonna look into this" to the public, and haven't done a single thing at all about it, they could just appease their customer base, who you know, pays the bills for the product, thus we ARE entitled to. This thread will turn around from "complaining" to what I'd be willing to bet a hefty amount on a massively pleased and grateful bunch of gamers rejoicing that their play times have been SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

Really unsure what is difficult to understand about this concept, tbh. If somebody can logically explain to me why the MANY people who have posted in this thread are 100 percent wrong about the idea of a server merge is wrong, I'll gladly eat my words.

I really have been sitting here for the past 10 minutes trying to think of cons to this idea, and the only REAL con is that RP'ers may take a bit of troll in /1, but I can nearly bet you the good majority of folks on Gav support this, and you know what really phases me?

Apparently only 5 percent average of gamers browse and post in their perspective games forum. I could imagine a whole lot more unhappy folks in oceanic than what we're just seeing in this thread, oh and the many many others that have been posted dating back months now.

Quoted for quotey goodness.

Ideal outcome in my books is our 3 servers merge into 1 high population oceanic server.

im now forced to reroll on dalborra, my level 50 scoundrel sat in pvp queue for over an hour last night in prime time on Master D.....if is start to get bored of levelling...again..... I will more than likely unsub. sucks koz i have been an active paying customer since day 1 of early game access, wave 2.....so thanks bioware....you used to be awesome, now your lame...when i'm done with uni and enter the corporate workforce, I will make it my life long mission to never be in a company like you or EA!

Or they could just merge the servers and make oceanic swtor the delightful experience it once was. Really dunno what's hard to understand about this. Even IF f2p is successful, their improved tech could certainly support a high amount of people on the one server. We're a small region, thus one server seems utterly logical.

Instead of playing politics "yeah we're gonna look into this" to the public, and haven't done a single thing at all about it, they could just appease their customer base, who you know, pays the bills for the product, thus we ARE entitled to. This thread will turn around from "complaining" to what I'd be willing to bet a hefty amount on a massively pleased and grateful bunch of gamers rejoicing that their play times have been SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

Really unsure what is difficult to understand about this concept, tbh. If somebody can logically explain to me why the MANY people who have posted in this thread are 100 percent wrong about the idea of a server merge is wrong, I'll gladly eat my words.

I really have been sitting here for the past 10 minutes trying to think of cons to this idea, and the only REAL con is that RP'ers may take a bit of troll in /1, but I can nearly bet you the good majority of folks on Gav support this, and you know what really phases me?

Apparently only 5 percent average of gamers browse and post in their perspective games forum. I could imagine a whole lot more unhappy folks in oceanic than what we're just seeing in this thread, oh and the many many others that have been posted dating back months now.

This.

Edited by laz_AU

We should all mass unsub. That would get them to act on at least something. ;)

Already done. Will probably resub if they do something about this.

it's so simple

Merge servers now, later split again, split by instance, whatever.

Fix problem losing subscribers NOW, do EVERYTHING else later.

Edited by Evgen

We should all mass unsub. That would get them to act on at least something. ;)

If everyone unsubbed, why would BW do anything? Everyone would be gone, heck, if anything, they'd see it as a waste of money and just rid themselves of the Oceanic servers altogether as no one is playing on them because they all left. xD

And guess what, they successfully avoided the issue for yet another week. I'm certain there isn't going to be any word on this in the next 24 hours, and then they go off on their weekend, and we don't have a chance of hearing anything until next Tuesday. And then it goes on all over again...

/facepalm

Bioware has gone from a name I trusted and loved, to one that causes hatred and frustration every time its mentioned.

If everyone unsubbed, why would BW do anything? Everyone would be gone, heck, if anything, they'd see it as a waste of money and just rid themselves of the Oceanic servers altogether as no one is playing on them because they all left. xD

Pretty much everyone I know that has unsubbed (myself included) has stated that we would renew once our server Population issue is fixed. And guess how it is fixed? Merging all three servers together.

Edited by scullzomben

Pretty much everyone I know that has unsubbed (myself included) has stated that we would renew once our server Population issue is fixed. And guess how it is fixed? Merging all three servers together.

Please tell me how you will know if the servers you belong to are at a satisfactory level of population is you have unsubed?

Please tell me how you will know if the servers you belong to are at a satisfactory level of population is you have unsubed?

In other news Bioware has announced that they will be merging all 3 of their Asia Pacific servers into one to provide a better playing experience for their customers across the Pacific. While a mega server isn't required for this unified server they are considering upgrading before their planned F2P launch.

Was that so hard?

In other news Bioware has announced that they will be merging all 3 of their Asia Pacific servers into one to provide a better playing experience for their customers across the Pacific. While a mega server isn't required for this unified server they are considering upgrading before their planned F2P launch.

Was that so hard?

You got me excited there. Thought you had some kind of authority. :p

My sincere apologies! XD

I do agree, that the announcement will be made if it happens. That's why I'm keeping a solid eye on the forums, especially this thread.

Also, I had received a personalised response from a CSR saying that my complaints are... "noted," but that's about it.

Funny thing happened to me today.

I joined GF for my daily HM, and after completing my Ilum and BH dailies, I finally got a pop. Kaon Under Siege. After grinding through about 70% of the HM with no wipes( a few close calls though) I got a disconnect. It happens.

In under 3 minutes I reconnected, and I was not in the HM anymore. I got kicked from the group, and while this was angering, I decided to say "thanks for waiting for me" then joining GF again. That was 3 hours ago, and I still don't have a pop. And this is Dalborra, supposedly the server with the most population among APAC.