Sad moments in SWTOR

Ekas

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly the type of thing that you were looking for, but...

Every time I land on Taris, and when I land on Balmorra.

I just HATE that.

I usually leave my character in the cantina getting drunk (called "resting") for weeks at a time, delaying the time I have to go back there.

Oh God, yes this. I hate those two planets so much. I probably have more fun watching paint dry than going through these two planets.

I've gone through them six times and now I'm going through Balmorra again on my newly made jiffy. Oh woe is me :(

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

OMG yes that was devastating :'( I always do Dark Side choices to see what happens and it's usually just whether you kill someone or not, but moments like these which stem from them really had me in tears inside :( I remember my sister and I were playing this flashpoint and we thought it was really bitter-sweet, but we do both like to see what happens on the Dark Side in SWTOR haha

Personally I've forgotten what my saddest scene from my main Inquisitor character was, but recently on KOTFE:

There's a similar situation where you can direct HK-55 to kill the unarmed and innocent prisoners, and the way it's shown is just him lining up his gun and firing, and you just hear their screams :'(

Boarding Party FP

At the end of the FP where you get to pick light/dark side option of weather or not you want the crew executed. Pick dark side, and some of the crew get into a line, and two people reach out to hold each others hands before they are gunned down by empire executioners. :(

There are a lot of sad moment in the game but the one in the Jedi Knight storyline had me almost in tears.

The whole conversation Master Orgus has with Darth Angral, where the Jedi says "there is no death, there is only the Force" to which the sith replies "then where is my son?" with such regret and hatered at the same time (brilliant voice-acting there!) and the moment he strikes down Master Orgus is the saddest culmination of the whole scene.

Besides that some of the SI and IA drak side choices make me sad, especially the ones where you have a person, or a bunch of people on your mercy and they start to play mind games with them or outright kill them one by one...it's terrifying and sad. Very in character but holy cow :eek:

Ooh, now this is a good necro. I managed to miss this thread the first time around!

I agree that the scene with Darth Angral

raging about his son

was pretty powerful. But here is my list:

BH quest to capture the Eidalon:

If you turn him overt to the Hutts, a chiss comes to meet you at the spaceport to thank you on behalf of the Hutt, and goes on about all the horrible prolonged torture the Eidelon will now endure at the Hutt's palace. :(

Trooper chap 1:

I accidentally killed the Cathar senator, and even though he was a jerk, I never intended him to get blown up by that bomb. I thought I could capture Wraith and dissemble the bomb, but nope. I felt really bad and boy did Garza chew me out afterwards.

BH party scene:

Not only was I totally unprepared for the carnage that I walked into, but if you take Mako with you, she practically bursts into tears about how everyone she's ever cared about ends up dying...It really hit me hard. :(

SI on Voss (the single most evil thing I have ever done in this game)

After letting the Voss mystics help me, I chose to kill and forcibly bind the lead Mystic's ghost to me. The resulting scene was so awful, I actually had to get up from my chair and walk away for a bit. It was such a horrible betrayal and my evil DS sorcereress showed no remorse...I was just stunned at the level of evil she had stooped to.

Agent Chap 1:

I forget what I did, but I angered Jadus somehow, and later when I went to meet him in his office I walked in to find him torturing Keeper. I was stunned. It was the second time I had played this story and I had not seen this scene. It was obvious that Jadus was mad at ME and so was hurting an innocent Keeper in order to punish me. :(

And in KOTFE:

In Aric's chapter, where you can choose to divert Havoc into helping train the refugees in the swamp...every time I had helped train them, so once I decided not to. The letter I got a day later just made me feel like the lowest of the low. The letter says how the refugees are obviously outmatched but they keep fighting on anyway, even after their leader gets killed. It ends with the sender acknowledging that they all expect to die as they get picked off, one by one, but they plan to keep fighting until the bitter end.

Foundry

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend."

That whole fight was and still is emotionally moving.

In Trooper Act III

Abandoning ol' Jaxo to save many other lives. It's a sad decision by itself, but you also had to watch her come undone and beg for her life.

Call me a terribly military officer, but that's one of the reason I saved her on all but one of my troopers (the one was a RP toon and even then I hated myself afterward)

I've never been one of those moronic "for the greater good" saps who'll give his life for someone he doesn't even know. As far as I'm concerned anyone I don't know is an enemy waiting to be made...until/unless they prove otherwise.

SW Ending Spoilers:

When Baras realized that he was losing to his apprentice in their final battle. His shock and rage after his pitiful attempt to call upon the Dark Council, only to be rejected by his friends (with snarky remarks from Darth Vowrawn) for a Lord they had never before heard of made me a bit empathetic for him. And the soundtrack and dialogue right before his death. The whole thing almost made me sad. Almost.

I just felt disgust mostly, and my SW felt only rage and a lust for vengeance. He takes betrayal very, very seriously and

would have killed quinn without a thought if not for BW and their wimping out on not letting us make decisions that could seriously impact our future performance, I mean that is what they were famous for and thats one of the reasons I started playing BW games beyond just SWTOR

It was sad in the sense that it showed Baras as a pathetic mind-game-player. Which, tbh was really disappointing because when I started SW, right up until the end of chapter 2 he was my absolute favorite master. He had a level of charisma that defied his portly appearance and both I and my character admired him greatly. He seemed to be a true master of the Sith code and the order's teachings and the best teacher my Warrior could ever ask for. Then he dishonored himself, and earned his own death sentence...

It was a small moment, but a poignant one. The first time you crack an insult against the Sith Keeper scolds you... and (I think it was here) you can talk to him about the Sith in general/why its dangerous. It wasn't so much what he answered but how he answered it... his voice is just so broken. Years under sith rule have beaten damn near all the will out of him. You later learn this isn't entirely true... the very end of LS story (at least) he is just so full of regret. He hates what he had to become and instead focuses all his hope on you. You are his chance at redemption... the one good thing he can do in this world is saving you from the life he had.

That and just all the sith oppression in general. When Darth Bat **** Insanity (jadus) summons you he is all like "bow to me or die!" You can blow him off... and he literally kills you. His face hovers over you as he shocks you to death. You black out.... see his face again.... black out... see his face hovering over you even closer... then the screen blacks out one last time. When it returns you are literally dead on the floor with the "call medical droid/respawn medcenter option" That scene freaked the hell out of me. Then you are made Darth Zhorrid's puppet, who proceeds to treat you like **** as well.

Every time I think I know all the ins, outs, secrets, and complexities to the IA storyline...I get proven wrong.

Edited by MayhemofChaonus

• 4 years later...

One that still to this day, many years and replays later, makes me tear up is Hunter's death. Someone else put it so well earlier in this thread... even though you've been enemies until those last few moments, it still feels like losing the other half of your soul when he dies. It's even worse for my main Agent because she was loyal to the Empire and gave the Black Codex to Jadus. It felt like betraying Hunter after what he had just said to her ("you're the last one like us left... don't ever let them stop you"). It's honestly not only one of the saddest moments of the game for me but also the hardest choice I've probably ever had to make in SWTOR. In the end my Agent stayed loyal, but at what cost...

One of the saddest moments for me was playing through the final chapter of KOTET for the first time. My main is a Sith Warrior who believed in and was loyal to the Sith Emperor. To be betrayed again and being forced to kill him was great from storytelling pov, but terrible for my character and me. He had started out as LS, honorable and loyal Warrior - but every betrayal - first from Baras, then from Vitiate and now again Valkorion - pushed him further from whom he had been to this cold, emotionless monster who kills anyone who gets in his way. It's a great tragic story which is why I love my Warrior so much. I was honestly sad when Valkorion died because he's such a great character.

Another sad moment is Senya's death... she didn't deserve it, but she had to protect her son. I understand. Her death scene is so well made - from her and Valkorion having one last moment together to the Outlander talking to her for one last time. It's so different depending on what kind of character you are playing. Which is exactly what makes this game great.

Edited by ruffolofi

I would definitely agree that the killing Senya saddest moment in SWTOR. I played DS Sith Warrior through KOTFE and KOTET and her death was so heartbreaking. All she wanted was to save her son, like a good parent. The dialogue made me so sad, especially when she said, "You are truly the daughter Valkorian has always wanted" to my Sith. Edited by JenniferO