So we have to pay 7 mio credits, just to go on crafting?

Goemoe

I just tried to get all my crafting chars running on the mission to skill 700. For EACH skill (even gathering)we have to pay 500.000 Cr to go on. This is plain stupid money sinking generating nothing but frustration. If you tried to get back veteran SWTOR players, this point won't help for sure. Stupid, totally useless move. Dear devs: Go out, play some different MMOs and learn how to do money sinks without annoying the playerbase.

We had 4 players returning in our guild, I doubt even one can afford to play on with the crew skills now. I don't htink they will stay long this time. :mad:

I could slice/scavenge everything with 600 skill on Onderon and Mek-sha, dunno why you have to pay if you have 600 skill.

And you could do that at level 1 probably too, unless they changed it again. But the lower the level vs. the level of the node nets you less mats. It's best to max it, which costs $$$ now.

I'm for money sinks but not ones that the every day player uses such as crafting, armors, weapons, skills, etc.. Money sinks should have mounts, pets, cosmetics and titles and be some random Jawa somewhere you drop bank on. Not every day use stuff. Most players either don't make a lot of creds or don't want to spend but on some very specific things and none want to go broke on normal game mechanics.

With this change, the item color scheme change, the UI change, the terrible Nautolan crossover, getting use to not seeing my gathered items in my main bag, and God knows what else, this was a terrible time to come back and I am starting to regret it. There have been a crap ton changes since I last played in 2012/2013 but these are far worse imo and harder to get use to. Smh, just seems to get worse.

Change is inevitable but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Crafting costs are the one huge negative I would put on this expansion. not that there aren't other things that could have been done better but those are really be nitpicky.

The two major issues with this expansion is the ridiculous cost of crafting now, and the stupid costs for amplifiers if you keep re-rolling. There needs to be a cap on how expensive it can get, and it shouldn't be something really stupidly expensive.

I just tried to get all my crafting chars running on the mission to skill 700. For EACH skill (even gathering)we have to pay 500.000 Cr to go on. This is plain stupid money sinking generating nothing but frustration. If you tried to get back veteran SWTOR players, this point won't help for sure. Stupid, totally useless move. Dear devs: Go out, play some different MMOs and learn how to do money sinks without annoying the playerbase.

We had 4 players returning in our guild, I doubt even one can afford to play on with the crew skills now. I don't htink they will stay long this time. :mad:

Jesus christ... 7 millions to boost crew skills. These devs have no idea what they are doing

These costs are all because the developers were incompetent and allowed the economy to hyper inflate.

There have been numerous issues that caused inflation to get out of control, from the over-abundance of credits gained group farming daily heroic bonuses (the payouts were multiplicative based on number of players in group) to bottable missions (TH / Slicing) paying out more in raw credits than the mission costs to bottable slicing lockboxes on Yavin to massive exploits (stack item split / gifts / vendor items sold for less than vendor buy price) that were left in the game for weeks to months.

It also didn't help that general credit sinks did not keep up with general credit inflows - though that was minor compared to the above.

Of course if you were not around for any of the above and didn't at least benefit indirectly (if you sold stuff on GTN, especially CM stuff, you benefited indirectly from the inflation), then these prices are ridiculous and cost prohibitive.

If you did participate (or like myself made a decent amount way back when selling items on GTN), these prices are ridiculous, but won't put you at risk of being broke anytime soon.

So sadly new and returning players are disproportionally impacted by the increased credit sinks and will bear the brunt of paying for the mistakes of the developers.

Edited by DawnAskham

I admit to being confused. The costs on purchased crafting resources were lowered to ease the crafting process and then we are slapped with a 500K per skill cost to advance over 600. The signals being sent are rather mixed. I know to lot of the serious players a few million for all the crafting skills isn't a blow to their credit account but for a lot of the players its gonna hurt.

Crafting costs are the one huge negative I would put on this expansion. not that there aren't other things that could have been done better but those are really be nitpicky.

The two major issues with this expansion is the ridiculous cost of crafting now, and the stupid costs for amplifiers if you keep re-rolling. There needs to be a cap on how expensive it can get, and it shouldn't be something really stupidly expensive.

Have to agree. Heck, I'm just trying to figure out which developer thought it would be a great idea to have so many different steps, with so many different professions involved, just to craft one single dye.

Seriously. Get. A. Grip.

Chances are I'll ignore any new items for crafting in this new convoluted for the sake of convoluted system. It's ridiculous, I can see why there were so many complaints from the PTS players about this. They were 100% right.

Edited by Transcendent

7 mill is nothing these days.

Boosting All crew skills even one character for at least one maximum type (e.g. one 700 biochem one 700 cybertech etc) would be pretty expensive. Iam starting to think devs are coordinating with credit sellers in order to receive some % from sells... so they want to force players spend tonnes of credits and require more if them in future

Edited by omaan

It seems crafting isn't meant to be a casual part of the game anymore. For people doing mass production or gaming the GTN I'm sure 1,5M is nothing. For people who play laid-back and casually like me, it's actually quite a lot. I consider it a tremendous payday if I manage to auction off the Revan Reborn boots for 2,2M... though if I also level up Archaeology and Treasure Hunting that windfall is mostly gone.

It seems crafting isn't meant to be a casual part of the game anymore. For people doing mass production or gaming the GTN I'm sure 1,5M is nothing. For people who play laid-back and casually like me, it's actually quite a lot. I consider it a tremendous payday if I manage to auction off the Revan Reborn boots for 2,2M... though if I also level up Archaeology and Treasure Hunting that windfall is mostly gone.

If someone has all max level characters with max crafts, 7 million shouldn't be an issue. For a new player getting their first character to max crafting, 500k shouldn't even be an issue by that time.

You don't have to pay to start crafting some items at level 600. And I assume that you'd easily be able to make the credits while playing the game and vendoring drafted items. So no big worries.

In my case, I have the credits, but I can't see quitting and/or refusing to craft because you don't have the credits yet.

It's not the first time they make you pay for advancing with crafting, though the previous time is long forgotten as they removed it I guess. Nonetheless this did come as an unpleasant surprise.

And well 7 million is relative. When you have 6 crafters that have 3 crew skills each I guess it comes down to 9 million. Sure, some are doubled but you're not going to skip the doubles in there.

Oh well, at least it's a one-time cost.

I admit to being confused. The costs on purchased crafting resources were lowered to ease the crafting process and then we are slapped with a 500K per skill cost to advance over 600. The signals being sent are rather mixed. I know to lot of the serious players a few million for all the crafting skills isn't a blow to their credit account but for a lot of the players its gonna hurt.

The 500k cost was on the PTS, so that has no impact on the purchased crafting mats.

Oh and btw 7 mil is nothing in this game, it's really not hard to farm up that in less then a week if you don't have them.

The 500k cost was on the PTS, so that has no impact on the purchased crafting mats.

Oh and btw 7 mil is nothing in this game, it's really not hard to farm up that in less then a week if you don't have them.

They reduced the cost of the purchased crafting mats which would indicate they want to ease costs for crafters. Then they slap a 500K cost to train for the new crafting levels which can be prohibitive for some players. So mixed signals.

7 mil isn't nothing if you don't have it. I had it across all my characters until recently when I splurged to get all my crafters across both factions up to 600 and now I'm looking at 1.5 mil for each character, I simply don't have that kinda credits lying around. I don't know how you're farming up 7mil in less than a week but I have never had that kind of cash inflow. So any tips would be appreciated.

I don't know how you're farming up 7mil in less than a week but I have never had that kind of cash inflow. So any tips would be appreciated.

Craft > Sell = Credits. Just make sure to gather your own materials and not buy them from the GTN, it defeats the purpose of making credits.

one thing I noticed for cybertech the green 274 earpieces have 5 processed isotopes. I haven't checked the other crafting disciplines to see if the 274 stuff is the same but i'm sure it is. I'm not to hung up on the cost to advance the skills because they did that with 5.0 you had to pay like 250k credits for each to advance them.

I have just begun to explore things so I don't know the answer but can you buy the processed isotopes with jawa scrap or are they only available through flashpoints, ops and pvp?

just because a bunch of people used exploits to gather millions/billions doesn't mean i did... yet i have to pay inflated prices because of inflation due to exploits.

it seems like bioware wants people to buy credits... 1 mil for a set bonus piece... 500k for each craft... 24 mil for my 16 toons...

there is no way im grinding heroics for 24 mil

just because a bunch of people used exploits to gather millions/billions doesn't mean i did... yet i have to pay inflated prices because of inflation due to exploits.

it seems like bioware wants people to buy credits... 1 mil for a set bonus piece... 500k for each craft... 24 mil for my 16 toons...

there is no way im grinding heroics for 24 mil

Same here, I saw shocked when I paid without paying attention then looking back and the chat logs

Save your money, despite a promise that it would change for live, it is still time consuming, expensive and utilly pointless for anything other than outfits and biochem & augment. THe steps to craft any gear that would be worthwhile will take you 2 months.

They reduced the cost of the purchased crafting mats which would indicate they want to ease costs for crafters. Then they slap a 500K cost to train for the new crafting levels which can be prohibitive for some players. So mixed signals.

7 mil isn't nothing if you don't have it. I had it across all my characters until recently when I splurged to get all my crafters across both factions up to 600 and now I'm looking at 1.5 mil for each character, I simply don't have that kinda credits lying around. I don't know how you're farming up 7mil in less than a week but I have never had that kind of cash inflow. So any tips would be appreciated.

Credits are so easy to make in this game, spending 1,5 mil per character shouldn't be hard to get even if you don't have that floating around currently.

As for farming up 7 mil in a week there are many ways, but one simple one is doing dailies. There are many daily area's in this game that give out a ton of credits if your willing to do it. Heroics would also be another way. Find something to craft and sell on the GTN would be a 3rd.

Personally Dailies or GTN are the better 2 options however.