Rare Schematics Source?

Blue-Harvest

No, there are some rare-schematics (and missions actually) that come back as rewards from other missions. I got a scavenging one from slicing while in beta. It was a far more expensive and longer mission, but it provided vastly superior rewards for completion. In this case it was something I didn't really want (I forget exactly what, either implants or augments... probably augments). However, I imagine some high end items will only be available via high end schematics found in missions like slicing/underworld trading.

Other than reverse engineering? Does Slicing only find recipes for Cybertech? Does Investigation turn up recipes for all the skills? Do the recommend mission skills find recipes for their craft (i.e. Underworld Trading for Armormech)? Anyone have certain information from latest build re: recipe acquistion beyond reverse engineering? Thanks for input.

I don't know about all trade skills, the latest builds, etc.

But I can tell you, that I found:

2 Synthweaving schematics (BOE recipe for BOE crafted item) like skill level 20-40ish, from Underworld Trading missions.

1 Synthweaving schematic (BOE recipe for BOE crafted item) for skill 40-60ish cant remember exactly, from an Investigation mission.

I did have slicing on one character, but did not get a schematic from it.

That is a sample size of probably about 100 missions total in those 3 professions.

Slicing, Investigation, and Underworld Trading... What skills produce rare schematics for all crafting skills? Thank you for any input.

Underworld Trading is the place i got rare schematics for Armourtech. That is the only one i know of personaly.

Edited by Shazwhite

Investigation has been credited with producing rare schematics for all crafting types.

Slicing has been credited with unlocking high level missions for all mission skills (This is especially true for Treasure Hunting, where most of the 400 skill level missions are unlocked by obtaining the mission through slicing).

Don't know about Underworld Trading. Can't say yes or no on that one.

Firstly:

Reverse Engineering a green item enough times will always produce the blue quality schematic of that item.

Reverse Engineering a blue item enough times will always produce the purple quality schematic of that item.

Secondly:

All mission skills have random chances to drop random schematics you cannot learn from the crew skill trainer. Any mission skill can drop a schematic for any crafting skill.

Thirdly:

Mission skills do provide specific items for specific crafting skills, but they also may provide other random materials for any other random crafting skill.

Slicing, Investigation, and Underworld Trading... What skills produce rare schematics for all crafting skills? Thank you for any input.

dE the stuff you make (the DE button is on your inventory screen) and you sometimes get schematics to make blues. DE'ing blues sometimes makes purples, etc etc.