When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?

troyh

Bioware please answer these short questions

Will there be cross server queueing in 1.4 for rated warzones?

Will there be single player or non 8man queuing for ranked warzones in 1.4?

Will 1.4 kick off Season 1 of ranked warzones?

Will we ever be able to queue with more then 4 into a regular warzone and when?

Will the new warzone, whenever it arrives, be rotated into the ranked warzone queues?

When will be able to queue for the warzones we want? (kinda like the lfg feature)

Optional: Can we have more specifics on the upcoming Vanguard/Pyrotech nerfs?

If Bioware can answer these questions in a timely manner (doubt it), I think it would help restore some confidence in the pvp community.

Side Question: As it stands ranked pvp queues are lacking on most servers which is making the grind for warhero take forever. Will there be any plans of lowering the cost to gear up now that ranked has been a failure?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a PvPer and that is most certainly NOT my #1 question...in fact, it's not even on my list. I don't want more of the same old **edit**! I want REAL PvP...not another reason to go into the same 4 freaking boxes we've had for 8+ months.

They are giving us a new warzone and have stated that they will be bringing out new ones on a more frequent basis so I am satisfied with that info.. but the questions I want to know pertain to the current state of pvp and failure of ranked war zones.

I'm a PvPer and that is most certainly NOT my #1 question...in fact, it's not even on my list. I don't want more of the same old **edit**! I want REAL PvP...not another reason to go into the same 4 freaking boxes we've had for 8+ months.

Holy bat excrement.... I'ma agree with TUXs again this morning!

OP, all of your questions are related to faux PvP, not real PvP.

Now, I honestly don't see this game ever having real PvP of any substance. But then again I don't play it for PvP because I knew it was a PvE game when I bought it. There are other games for good PvP, and honestly I don't feel PvE and real PvP coexist very well.

World pvp! reward it and people who rolled on a pvp server will have the biggest WZ they could hope for!

drop comms or something...anything... something simple will do so much

World PvP that gives rewards other then the pleasure of the PvP, is still faux PvP as far as I am concerned.

If I have to hand out chicklets to get you to do open world PvP.... something is broken.... the player base.

Edited by Andryah

Holy bat excrement.... I'ma agree with TUXs again this morning!

OP, all of your questions are related to faux PvP, not real PvP.

Now, I honestly don't see this game ever having real PvP of any substance. But then again I don't play it for PvP because I knew it was a PvE game when I bought it. There are other games for good PvP, and honestly I don't feel PvE and real PvP coexist very well.

I'm sorry, what's "real PvP"?

Oh, you mean the lag based zerg fest? Yeah, totally skill based lol.

As to your bolded, I'm just gonna sit back and laugh a little harder.

World PvP that gives rewards other then the pleasure of the PvP, is still faux PvP as far as I am concerned.

If I have to hand out chicklets to get you to do open world PvP.... something is broken.... the player base.

It is an incentive. Warzones are the only way to get comms in any pvp form. So if people took on world pvp as their preference they are getting screwed over

Edited by Omisri

Yeah,when can we get really pvp back? Not those objective things with teams and coordination,but zerging and ganking things on planets because REAL pvp is jumping people on a planet not a smaller area of a planet.

The dribble that pours out of some peoples mouths is sickening at times. Explain to me how world pvp is real pvp ? You walk around a planet and kill people. You might say Ilum was terrible but that was world pvp riding around ganking people.

Not really sure if those would be my number one question(s?) however...if they allowed you to queue more than 4 for non-ranked I can see the flood of QQing on these forums. They already complain about premades why make it worse.

if they allowed you to queue more than 4 for non-ranked I can see the flood of QQing on these forums. They already complain about premades why make it worse.

Have to agree here. I think Troy merely threw that in there, cause it mainly ties with many peeps frustration at gearing out their toons. Since Ranked PvP has nearly flat-lined on most servers, gearing an alt (or a main) is taking forever. I've seen the math in an older thread, but to gear a toon from BM to WH only through Reg WZ's is something awful.

Sadly, with the mass amount of people leaving this game, gearing toons with WH is becoming an issue, and IMO having solo peeps queue is not the answer to the problem. Ranked PvP was given for a reason, 8 man teams, not for solo peeps to abuse by farming medals at a node. However, I do agree with Troy that farming this stuff is beyond stupid now, since EA's current system is now failing as most servers don't have the PvP community to support it.

Edited by Pistols

Optional: Can we have more specifics on the upcoming Vanguard/Pyrotech nerfs?

Where did you hear that there were upcoming nerfs on Vanguard/Pyrotech (outside of some player qq)?

Link please... or else its just some player grumble that doesn't need to happen.

I'm sorry, what's "real PvP"?

Oh, you mean the lag based zerg fest? Yeah, totally skill based lol.

As to your bolded, I'm just gonna sit back and laugh a little harder.

"Real PvP" is sure as hell not 4 warzones. Warzones are as linear and scripted as PvP can possibly get. As bad as Iilum was, I'd take the lag and faux sense of OWPvP it offered over the stale 4 boxes we have ANY day. AT least it allowed for SOME strategy.

We can argue over the true definition of "PvP" all day, but to me, PvP is best when it's random and unscripted. Playing the same four 10min warzones is just boring as hell these days...maybe it's not the warzone concept, maybe it's the lack of maps that truly irks me, but I just despise what PvP is currently limited to in SWTOR.

Where did you hear that there were upcoming nerfs on Vanguard/Pyrotech (outside of some player qq)?

Link please... or else its just some player grumble that doesn't need to happen.

I don't have the link, but it was stated by one of the higher-ups that they will be tweaking them to get more into Melee range.

Woot you found the bait to troll jawas.:csw_jabbapet:

the devs need to start moving away from warzones as the focus of PvP. 4 warzones is plenty for instanced, 8v8 "competitive" pvp. the only change id like to see to warzones is the ability to choose who you queue against. that would make competitive pvp so much better, b/c the best teams really do not like beating the snot out of all the bad teams and never getting good competition

we need class balance (NOT NERFS!), and we need world pvp

open world pvp is what keeps people playing, as good world pvp will give you something to fight for. be it something shiny, faction wide buffs, or just bragging rights, world pvp will a) keep pvpers interested and b) start to bring back some of the subs we have lost

"Real PvP" is sure as hell not 4 warzones. Warzones are as linear and scripted as PvP can possibly get. As bad as Iilum was, I'd take the lag and faux sense of OWPvP it offered over the stale 4 boxes we have ANY day. AT least it allowed for SOME strategy.

We can argue over the true definition of "PvP" all day, but to me, PvP is best when it's random and unscripted. Playing the same four 10min warzones is just boring as hell these days...maybe it's not the warzone concept, maybe it's the lack of maps that truly irks me, but I just despise what PvP is currently limited to in SWTOR.

World PvP blows in this game, period. It already failed. Not sure how you guys do the WZ's on your server, but WZ's on our end isn't really scripted lol. I will agree new maps would be nice, to inject some life into the already tired WZ's. But I for one do NOT miss the lag based zerg fest TOR called World PvP. It was atrocious, took NO skill at all, and literally promoted kill trading to complete dailies, valor farming, etc. While I do enjoy World PvP, this game (and most of the player base) has shown they need to be lead around their noses by rewards to do it. None of that, screams "Real PvP" to me. Game is filled with Elite Carebears tbh.

I enjoy having random PvP when I queue up, cause I never know who I may face, I also enjoy not sitting around waiting for the Opfor to amass enough peeps to have a fight last in total 4 minutes, while getting mass pulled into enemy bases for turret kills, and having 4-5 FPS. I guess to me, it's not scripted, even in the same maps different strats are used, and in ranked it's more like Chess than anything else. I won't comment on Reg WZ's, as those are just for the lulz, but when this game can't even host World PvP, I fail to see how anyone can actually continue to ask for it. I still love you though. <3

Edited by Pistols

the devs need to start moving away from warzones as the focus of PvP. 4 warzones is plenty for instanced, 8v8 "competitive" pvp. the only change id like to see to warzones is the ability to choose who you queue against. that would make competitive pvp so much better, b/c the best teams really do not like beating the snot out of all the bad teams and never getting good competition

we need class balance (NOT NERFS!), and we need world pvp

open world pvp is what keeps people playing, as good world pvp will give you something to fight for. be it something shiny, faction wide buffs, or just bragging rights, world pvp will a) keep pvpers interested and b) start to bring back some of the subs we have lost

Read above reply.

Edited by Pistols

Read above reply.

i agree with what you wrote, but that doesnt mean it cant change

assuming biowarEA knows how, they would need to optimize the engine to how it should have been at launch and that would solve almost all lag/fps based problems. this version of the hero engine is a massive piece of crap.

as far as kill trading/valor farming, there is always going to be window lickers that do this, no matter what. bioware implemented some blatantly awful systems before, which only exacerbated the problem. with a little intelligence, you can come up with some new game systems that would minimize the benefit of kill trading, and place more value on actual playing the game and having fun.

but it all comes down to the devs decision making, which to date has been some of the worst i have ever seen. its very sad when you start missing SOE.....

I looked and looked for the thread with that interview about Pyros being brought more into mele range Pistols, couldnt find it anywhere but I know I saw it too.

I think they put it on a blog, cause if I remember right, it was a link I clicked.

Prolly find it on the Vanguard or Powertech forums though...

i agree with what you wrote, but that doesnt mean it cant change

assuming biowarEA knows how, they would need to optimize the engine to how it should have been at launch and that would solve almost all lag/fps based problems. this version of the hero engine is a massive piece of crap.

as far as kill trading/valor farming, there is always going to be window lickers that do this, no matter what. bioware implemented some blatantly awful systems before, which only exacerbated the problem. with a little intelligence, you can come up with some new game systems that would minimize the benefit of kill trading, and place more value on actual playing the game and having fun.

but it all comes down to the devs decision making, which to date has been some of the worst i have ever seen. its very sad when you start missing SOE.....

Yeah that's just it. When 1.3 hit the scene (check the notes), there was supposed to be a HUGE change with upgrades to game optimization. Guess what? It got worse lol. WZ's are now seeing lag spikes, and we all know the random DC's is just frustrating as well. I forgot where I read it, but did see a link, that when they purchased the engine they optimized it themselves (EA/BW), without letting the peeps who knew how to do it, do it. That could be hearsay of course, but we all know this game runs like crap.

I guess I am not naive enough to think EA at this point will spend any credible amount of effort to clean up code or optimize the game to allow for better gameplay. If that was even possible, I would imagine they would have done so a long time ago. Maybe their plan was to wait till 1 million subs left, then claim they fixed some hardware, and now it will run more smoothly. :p

And hey, I enjoy the game despite my rants to a terrible EA team running it, but there is no way they will make World PvP run at any smooth capacity, unless they limit the amount of players in the area, which to me, is just a dumbed down WZ itself. I'd be fine with World PvP in this game, if the game allowed for decent FPS, and some objective based reasoning behind it. As it is, the Mythic team doesn't have a clue, so in turn I won't have faith. Sad.

Edited by Pistols