Playing as Empire: Pointless since we know how it all ends?

DarthRhaze

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually some moisture farmer with a bowl cut is going to take us all down, is it really worth it to bother playing as the Empire?

:(

Did you forget what emperor Palpatine said to Anakin, after Mace Windu was killed.

"Once again, the SITH shall rule the Galaxy!"

Here is the clip from the movie.

For all we know the sith wins the war and are going to rule the galaxy for hundreds of years before the the republic can take it back again.

Remmeber the timeline is 2000 years before the rise of Palpatine and the rebellion anything can happen in between.

Ok, there are a few key things here.

Why play any game if you know the good guys are going to win out?

Why did you bother to watch the prequel trilogy if you knew Anakin would turn to the Dark Side, and the Jedi Order would be Destroyed?

Why did you bother playing KOTOR 1 or two, you knew the Sith would ultimately lose?

Why watch any episode of Star Trek, Stargate, crime shows, or any TV shows with good and bad guys, the good guys always catch the bad guys and stop them, eventually.

Eventually some moisture farmer with a bowl cut is going to take us all down, is it really worth it to bother playing as the Empire?

Did you forget what emperor Palpatine said to Anakin, after Mace Windu was killed.

"Once again, the SITH shall rule the Galaxy!"

Here is the clip from the movie.

By the way one interesting thing from Star Wars Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith, because I know you didnt watch it because you knew how it would end.

Mace Windu says the "Sith will never rule the galaxy, again", when trying to stop Palpatine

Key word being again, meaning they ruled the Galaxy at some point in the past. Is that now or thousands of years prior, or thousands of years later before they disappeared for a thousand years just prior to episode 1.

Come on, after they blow up the second deathstar and kill the emperor and redeem Vader, do you really think the Empire will just keel over and die?

There's a gigant imperial machine and no shortage of would be leaders to take over where PappaPalpatine left off.

Ok, there are a few key things here.

Why play any game if you know the good guys are going to win out?

Why did you bother to watch the prequel trilogy if you knew Anakin would turn to the Dark Side, and the Jedi Order would be Destroyed?

Why did you bother playing KOTOR 1 or two, you knew the Sith would ultimately lose?

Why watch any episode of Star Trek, Stargate, crime shows, or any TV shows with good and bad guys, the good guys always catch the bad guys and stop them, eventually.

It's a game.

Set in a fictional realm.

None of it is real.

I know that may have just blown the minds of a few people, but there you go.

So what if I know 3,000+ years later in the game's universe that the side I'm on will lose? That doesn't deter me from wanting to play on the non-winning side. I'm just as curious to learn about their stories, their lore, and their way of life.

Not all Sith/Empire are "bad guys" just as not all Jedi/Republic are "good guys". Good and bad are relative to what you personally believe.

Here is how I view it: It's a game and it gives me the opportunity to play a character that I would never be in the real world. In this case, working for the Empire. So what's wrong with that?

Let people have fun and play the game as they wish.

It's a game.

Set in a fictional realm.

None of it is real.

I know that may have just blown the minds of a few people, but there you go.

So what if I know 3,000+ years later in the game's universe that the side I'm on will lose? That doesn't deter me from wanting to play on the non-winning side. I'm just as curious to learn about their stories, their lore, and their way of life.

Not all Sith/Empire are "bad guys" just as not all Jedi/Republic are "good guys". Good and bad are relative to what you personally believe.

Here is how I view it: It's a game and it gives me the opportunity to play a character that I would never be in the real world. In this case, working for the Empire. So what's wrong with that?

Let people have fun and play the game as they wish.

Do you understand what Sarcasm is?

Like many have been saying its all fiction and is just a way to experience an adventure.

With your resoning I could go like this. It has just been discovered that the planets/galaxies are actually distancing themselves from eachother quite fast. Meaning we will be all alone at some point in the future and it will be hard/impossible to travel to new places to live. That basically means that there is no way that our species will survive and hence I should just lay down and die ?.....:rolleyes:

I do, and clearly you are trying to entice people to antagonize you and create issues.

*walks away and adds you to the ignore list*

No, My whole thing was obviously sarcastically making fun of the OP. I think its pretty damn obvious. Why would I even say why watch the prequels, there is no way you wouldnt watch them simply because you know he's going to do.

I dont think you know what sarcasm is if you think I'm trying to antagonize people who think they should play the game, even if the Sith lose

I find these kind of topics funny. It is like saying, "Why bother living or supporting my nation, we will eventually fall/be replaced like EVERY OTHER EMPIRE/GOVERNMENT in history."

There will always be some force empowered sand farmer, rebellious colonial upstarts, or god like horse riding armored conquerors to put a reign on an existing system. Better yet, they implode from the inside without external threat.

Empires usually follow a Bell Curve. They start out weak and focused on subsistence, bare necessities, and survival. They then grow in strength, building resources, becoming more efficient through technology or conquest. From there, the population usually becomes more affluent, good times are here! Then they become complacent, they begin to take less and less of a role in the way things are ran, they cede their rights over to a despot or elite. Begin to lose many of the advantages and increase in efficiencies due to corruption and lack of vigilance. Then, either an external foe or internal infighting usually puts them in the grave.

Look at the Greeks, the Romans, and all throughout history. Keep following the trails backwards through time.

Edited by dracophoenix

Why bother living on earth. Our sun will just absorb earth eventually anyway?

I'm counting the days, only 4-7 billion years to go.

Wait, is that 8 billion years?

Why am I bothering being alive, lets organize a mass suicide cult, thats such a great idea....

Dont bother telling the guy who wants to ignore me that this was sarcasm.

Edited by OverlordThor