I hate healers thread

im a level 50 maurader half champ half centurion.... I run into healers all the time in warzones with my 13000 health pool. If i run into anything even slightly over my health pool, I wont kill them, and its definitely not even a stalemate because every once in awhile they throw a heal on a friend. One crit heal and they are back to full health O_o

trauma + interupt + force choke + charge, what good is my interrupt if they have 5 other abilities that heal especially those dang sorcs

tell me what is your strat for these guys or are we just supposed to cancel them out? Any BMS out there have a problem with healers or are you finally able to go through their healing pushbacks slows and all that good stuff

well if you are on a good team, your teammates should be focusing healers first, one on one, it is possible to kill healers but it takes a little while.

you have it mostly right, keep trauma up on them, if you are anni spec, you have many different interrupts. charge if you specced into it, disruption, force choke, and your intimidating roar if used correctly.

just keep piling damage on them. also, against healers you can use ravage cause most healers have to be rooted for their heals. i think one of the hardest healing classes to kill is the operative cause they can be mobile, and still heal pretty well.

Takes a while to kill them, but my main goal when taking on a healer....and as soon as I spot one in a WZ I stay on them constantly...is just to stop them from healing the rest of their team.

Even if you don't kill them, or kill them often, it will go a long way to helping your team. Now when the other side has two healers....that's frustrating!

In cent gear annihilation spec you should be able to kill or at least take ANY healer completely out of the fight. You can be against the best healer in the game, and you can take them out of a fight, barring a commando/merc during that 12s of their shield. It's all learning how to do it properly.. Can't really explain, just about managing every cd properly. When I'm in BM/rakata with proper enhancements/mods, I can't imagine what this class can do.

thing is with healers, u have to know which heal does how much healing. depending on ur spec (i'm annihilation), i usually let them heal if they pop an early small heal. i save most of my interrupts for the bigger heals and HOTs. rule of thumb usually is, the longer the channel, the bigger the heal so u have to understand the sorc class to crush it. In 1v1, it's very possible to take down a good healer. in a group, chances are much slimmer. i think i've done 75k dmg to a healer and he/she still didn't die because the healer buddy next to him/her was healing too lol.

if you can do enough dmg to negate a heal, save the CD.

Once I got the hang of taking out healers, they stopped even being an issue with me. Just spam your interrupts/Deadly Throw to cause their healing to be minimal (-20% healing on the ones they DO get off).

You can stop their big heals with a 0 meter force charge if you are annihilation, and with a 6 second interrupt in the Annihilation tree keeping their small heals down at all times, you literally make them useless. They can't kill you, so yeah, it might take a while, but you'll kill them eventually. On top of that, if it's a group fight, the healer won't have time to heal their teammates, so you effectively shut them out of the fight (granted, you're partially out of the fight as well, but they are more important to keep out of a fight than a DPS).

Are those two interrupts not enough? Use Intimidating Roar or Choke, throw some dots on them beforehand, and watch them melt before your eyes while they can't even stop you.

thing is with healers, u have to know which heal does how much healing. depending on ur spec (i'm annihilation), i usually let them heal if they pop an early small heal. i save most of my interrupts for the bigger heals and HOTs. rule of thumb usually is, the longer the channel, the bigger the heal so u have to understand the sorc class to crush it. In 1v1, it's very possible to take down a good healer. in a group, chances are much slimmer. i think i've done 75k dmg to a healer and he/she still didn't die because the healer buddy next to him/her was healing too lol.

if you can do enough dmg to negate a heal, save the CD.

Another thing is to interupt late. This allows your cd's more time to cool if your in a long fight.

allows more time between Force Charge and Disruption CD between interrupts.

All healers run from me though.

Deadly Throw-

Delivers a wounding attack with the main-hand lightsaber, dealing [?] weapon damage and inflicting trauma for 15 seconds, reducing all healing the target receives by 20%.

Use this on every cooldown helps a LOT!

I have tunnel vision when it comes to healers, and I always target them first. With doing DT and good timing on interupts/burst dmg I can take them down without a sweat.

Currently wearing Champ/Rakata gear mixed, without changing any augs.