Charged Burst sound change 1.4

Darbon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so incredibly annoying. I have both a Scoundrel healer and a Gunslinger. They didn't mention anything about changed sounds for Smugglers in the patch notes. They changed Charged Burst, Quick Shot, the Smuggler buff, Emergency Medpac, the icon for Scrambling Field (the only one they did mention in the patch notes), the animation for Scrambling Field to remove the top of the dome which makes no sense but does make it easier to see inside the dome and they changed the look of the additional fly-in cover on Hunker Down, which is now invisible unless you're 2 feet away.

WHY OH WHY???? Was there some mass level of complaint from Smugglers that led you to impose these unwanted changes on us? The animation changes are annoying but the sound changes are egregious. Sound is like tactile feedback, we rely on them! We like them and want them so why bloody well change them???? You already have enough problems keeping customers with slow and buggy content releases so you go and make things worse for yourself by wasting time with small things like sound changes that noone wants?? Goddamit guys, pull your collective heads in!

And guys, I don't believe for a second that these are 'bugs' introduced in 1.4. I believe they were deliberate changes primarily to tone down the profile of Gunslingers in PVP, done without any real consultation with the players. The guy responsible probably thought he was doing us a favour. But I don't really care about intention here - give us our bloody sounds back! And while you're at it, restore the animations for Scrambling Field and Hunker Down! Edited by Shazmak

And guys, I don't believe for a second that these are 'bugs' introduced in 1.4. I believe they were deliberate changes primarily to tone down the profile of Gunslingers in PVP, done without any real consultation with the players. The guy responsible probably thought he was doing us a favour. But I don't really care about intention here - give us our bloody sounds back! And while you're at it, restore the animations for Scrambling Field and Hunker Down!

Why wouldn't they just like, reduce the volume of the existing sounds, though? Why change them entirely?

Anyway, to give you hope, I think one of the dev twitters said it was a "known issue".

Edited by Stenrik

It's not just in the gunslingers and scoundrels. Its the unload shot for bounty hunters, and over load shot for operatives and snipers. What utter crapola. What were that thinking when this came up in a meeting. At what point did "Let's take away their cool gun sounds" sound like a good idea?

Glad it's now a known bug and hope it's fixed soon.

I know they're tells but love the GS sounds that go with rotations, kinda like that cheesy old batman show when he'd fight :rak_01:

Example:

Sab Charge ::KABLOW:: > Charged Burst ::Boom-Boom-Boom-Boom-Boom:: > Dirty Kick ::Crunching Nuts:: > Blaster Whip ::Crack:: > Quick Draw "The audio portion of our show has concluded, just die now" :: pew pew ::

Edited by Joesixxpack

im only lvl 25 and one of my favorite things on my gunslinger is the charged burst sound! Its like a real gun going off.

Now its like Ping ping... a tack in a tin can.

Please fix this!!

My complaint exactly, except for me it was Quick Shot.. I hope this is just a bug and will be rectified.

Edited by SWGEvictee
clarification

How long you will be need fix the blasters sound? Speed Shot is entirely crap. And what about graphic glitch, flying beams around? It is so difficult to repair? Someone from you playing smugler? I think not. Incredible :mad:

The flying beams throw me from time to time, I keep thinking someone's shooting me but its just a glitch.

• 2 weeks later...