Vanguard/PT DPS

Jediboo

How is Vang DPS Now days? Haven’t played in a coupl years so... curious which of the 2 specs is best right now or if they’re close in DPS. Wanting to know which I should invest in with gearing for stat wise so I don’t find out I’m using the mediocre spec and have to completely alter my stat pool... Thank you in advance for any help and info, and please if you’re just guessing, just don’t comment!! I’m wanting solid info since guides are 10 patches outdated... THANKYOU!!

- JediBoo

Both DPS Specs are in a very good position for pve. Just Mara/Sentinel are superior in raiding utilities.

Both Specs can be played with the same gear. just aim towards 1858 Alacrity (248 Gear and above) for the 1,3 gcd. after that just push into crit

Both DPS Specs are in a very good position for pve. Just Mara/Sentinel are superior in raiding utilities.

Both Specs can be played with the same gear. just aim towards 1858 Alacrity (248 Gear and above) for the 1,3 gcd. after that just push into crit

Awesome thank you! What about for pvp? How are the doing on that front?

Vanguard Plasmatech and Tactics are both very good. Tactics is bursty, and plasmatech is the highest DoT spec in the game, and #2 overall, per Smarty: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tTZEODvA4-N_wLXlizG654Ii1z9gI88HavBk1WbTsk0/edit?usp=sharing. While tactics ranks 9th, it is no slouch. It has some of the best burst windows in the game. (I can't tell you how many times I've pulled aggro from tanks with my opener :D )

Awesome thank you! What about for pvp? How are the doing on that front?

Great DPS in pvp -- Tactics is superior to Plasmatech. However, Vanguards are incredibly squishy, and most players know that, so they tend to target you.

Vanguard Plasmatech and Tactics are both very good. Tactics is bursty, and plasmatech is the highest DoT spec in the game, and #2 overall, per Smarty: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tTZEODvA4-N_wLXlizG654Ii1z9gI88HavBk1WbTsk0/edit?usp=sharing. While tactics ranks 9th, it is no slouch. It has some of the best burst windows in the game. (I can't tell you how many times I've pulled aggro from tanks with my opener :D )

Great DPS in pvp -- Tactics is superior to Plasmatech. However, Vanguards are incredibly squishy, and most players know that, so they tend to target you.

Awesome tyvm I appreciate the info! Love DoT specs so will def roll plasma in pave android tactics for pvp, ty again for the Info!! :)