What is your NPC headcanon?

Roodbot

Everyone has their own headcanon for their characters, but what about NPCs? What "facts" do you know about your companions?

Personally:

• Corso gets really cold in space. (All the more reason to snuggle with his captain.)
  • Elara Dorne is lesbian, and that was part of her reason for defecting.
  • Andronikos Revel is at least thirty.

Oh, and I almost forgot:

• All Imperial officers are really sexually repressed.

• Broonmark's actually a thoughtful guy. Not some kind of refined philosopher, I mean, his preferred solution to all things is killing, but if you actually listened to all the blllorping you would hear the musings of a smart, thoughtful, insatiably bloodthirsty soul.
  • Quinn is a failed experiment in the Imperial Intelligence Watcher eugenics line. They kicked him out to the military for being either too dumb, too angry, or both, to qualify as a Watcher.
  • Vector is thirtysomething. I know his Codex says 26, and I know Joining changes you, but he seems to have a solidly human maturity well beyond 26, and I'm not convinced the bug hive mind would quite form a proper substitute.

[*]Elara Dorne is lesbian, and that was part of her reason for defecting.

Wait, does that make me her.. "Beard"?

... Well, now I don't feel so bad about cheating on her with Jaxo.

Speaking of:

Headcanon: Ava Jaxo to be getting better after the Act II... Incident. Kurus visits regularily! <3

Others:

• Bowdaar makes a great chef/bartender. That's why he's in the galley all the time!
  • Watcher Two has a 'thing' for the female Imperial Agent. (I haven't played a male one yet, is it possible to flirt with her?)
  • Blizz loves it when I give him piggyback rides. Wait, that's actual canon? Nevermind then ;)
  • Fez Burba is exactly the kind of super awesome scientist he thinks he is, he's just had a very bad run of luck lately!
  • Enlisted women in the Imperial Army are encouraged to be kind and motherly (presumably because when they get older they're expected to have lots of soldier kids) because all the female Imperial Trooper NPCs you meet are just sweet and adorable. (Officers, particularily Navy ones, are not included)

I'll probably think of more that aren't just headcanon F/F shipping at some point and I'll post those.

Speaking of:

Headcanon: Ava Jaxo to be getting better after the Act II... Incident. Kurus visits regularily! <3

Others:

• Bowdaar makes a great chef/bartender. That's why he's in the galley all the time!
  • Watcher Two has a 'thing' for the female Imperial Agent. (I haven't played a male one yet, is it possible to flirt with her?)
  • Blizz loves it when I give him piggyback rides. Wait, that's actual canon? Nevermind then ;)
  • Fez Burba is exactly the kind of super awesome scientist he thinks he is, he's just had a very bad run of luck lately!
  • Enlisted women in the Imperial Army are encouraged to be kind and motherly (presumably because when they get older they're expected to have lots of soldier kids) because all the female Imperial Trooper NPCs you meet are just sweet and adorable. (Officers, particularily Navy ones, are not included)

I'll probably think of more that aren't just headcanon F/F shipping at some point and I'll post those.

• Vette and Jaesa have super-secret slumber parties that involve pillow fights and "experimenting" just to spite their sexually repressed Sith Lord and Master. Quinn spies on these and posts videos on the Holonet.

• Skadge is an active paying subscriber to Quinn's videos. Torian is secretly a Beleiber. And it is very unwise to feed Blizz after midnight or give him baths. Very unwise.

• Qyzen, in truth, lost his eye when he told Kira Karsen her robes made her look fat.

• Aric is secretly hot for Jaxo. And Wraith.

• Broonmark's actually a thoughtful guy. Not some kind of refined philosopher, I mean, his preferred solution to all things is killing, but if you actually listened to all the blllorping you would hear the musings of a smart, thoughtful, insatiably bloodthirsty soul.
  • Quinn is a failed experiment in the Imperial Intelligence Watcher eugenics line. They kicked him out to the military for being either too dumb, too angry, or both, to qualify as a Watcher.
  • Vector is thirtysomething. I know his Codex says 26, and I know Joining changes you, but he seems to have a solidly human maturity well beyond 26, and I'm not convinced the bug hive mind would quite form a proper substitute.

I thought Vector's info came from his file before he was Joined, meaning that he was 26 at the time of his Joining and has aged since then. If that isn't canon, it's my headcanon at least.

You can have, basically, a full-fledged romance with Watcher Two, actually, although you may have to be human/cyborg. She warms up to you eventually no matter what race you are but I think I remember reading that she will only do the romance with humans. My dykey femme Chiss Agent totally has a thing for her, but it was not meant to be, alas. She lets Temple comfort her and occasionally when she gets drunk and wants to punish herself she and Kaliyo wreck the ship. If she's in a particularly foul mood she makes Vector clean it up. :D

Most of the rest of my headcanon stuff is similar F/F shipping.

I came up with a couple random things because of the way things have gone in my personal character canon with this particular NPC. Possible SI spoilers...?

- Zash was supposed to be rescued by the Jedi when her homeworld was taken over by the Empire. They didn't get there in time and she was taken to Korriban instead. She was literally hours away from being a Jedi instead of a Sith.(guess which very young padawan was assigned to that failed mission, mwahahahaha)

- Her parents basically died trying to protect her.

- Her real name is Sasha.

- One of her rivals when she was alive was my agent's husband, the Darth everyone in the weekly thread hates.

I like giving NPCs the most tragic backstories I can think of. I'm sure I will come up with some more tragedy to give her.

Edited by elliotcat

Here are a few of mine.

-The troopers primary romance option is his rifle.

-Republic Special Forces has an IQ test, anyone with a trippe digit IQ ends up in SIS, all those with double or single digit become troopers (seriusly, some of the things the trooper says *facepalm)

-Republic weapons techs never passed basic engineering, after all, I do more damage by hitting my oponent with my rifle than I do by shooting him.

Here are a few of mine.

-The troopers primary romance option is his rifle.

-Republic Special Forces has an IQ test, anyone with a trippe digit IQ ends up in SIS, all those with double or single digit become troopers (seriusly, some of the things the trooper says *facepalm)

-Republic weapons techs never passed basic engineering, after all, I do more damage by hitting my oponent with my rifle than I do by shooting him.

You forgot! A Stockstrike to the head costs two rounds of ammunition!

Thought of an interesting one during my morning stroll. Very minor SW and SI Act II spoilers.

Talos mentions during his class quests that he had a force sensitive brother who was taken to Korriban and never heard from again. We don't know anything about Draagh's family, but he and Talos look suspiciously similar, and Draagh has been 'killed' several times...

Obviously because the rounds become dislodged and fall off. Once again, Republic weapon engineers... :rolleyes:

Don't make fun of Repubic Engineering, they figured out how to fire gravity from a BFG! They had to cut some corners on some other projects to pull it off, but they did it and it is awesome!

Having just finished Torian's conversations, I reached the following conclusion:

[*] Torian (at least my Torian) does not speak Basic well. Mando'a was his first language, and he has a tough time with Basic vocabulary. He spent weeks on the HoloNet trying to figure out the correct phrasing to propose.

Levelling a Sith Pureblood Sorcerer. In my head-canon, he was never a slave but is the last of his particular Kissai-caste clan from Ziost. His companions are correspondingly different:

Khem Val -- the Dashade is in effect a family heirloom. When Vaaysh dies, last of his bloodline, the Dashade will be free... if the ancient curse binding him to servitude doesn't kill him at the same time. Otherwise, pretty much a soul-eating thug.

Andronikos -- an Imperial Intelligence agent whose cover was blown and ended up stranded on Tatooine. Imperial Military Command no longer needed his intel, so he was only extracted when a Sith Lord needed his particular knowlege. An expert slicer, and also very good at finding underworld sources for certain rare drugs and poisons useful for dark side rituals or use in interrogation droids, which he custom builds from kits as a hobby.

Ashara -- haven't gotten her yet, but when I do, we'll see. I may play her as a fallen padawan, or maybe she is the former slave sent to Korriban to learn the ways of the Sith and my Sorcerer is her master now. Yeah, that sounds good. As an alien, she'll face a good deal of prejudice especially from my character (who has a "we are the TRUE Sith" complex).

Edited by Uluain

SW spoiler

- 2V-R8 that annoying droid ...

was the one spying for Baras all the time (came with the ship he gave to my SW so she should have known!). He's been poisoning my SW's food and painting her quarters with lead paint to weaken her.

Quinn actually decided to join my SW's crew to escape Balmorra as fast as possible, as Darth Lachris was harrassing him :D

Edited by kalistea

Speaking of:

Others:

You can flirt with Watcher Two, but she hates it.

• 1 month later...

I have found that companions mostly assert their own identity – that I am inspired to see them in that light – when I have invested in a companion customization package for them.

One example that brought this to light for me is Kira, who I really don't much care for (no disrespect to the writers – she just doesn't jibe with my sense of my Jedi Knight, his persona or his mission. I do like exploring the story. She's just not the padawan for my knight). I also find her hair extremely distracting and irksome. So I wasn't using her as much as I might.

Once I found I had the credits to spare, around the last part of Tatooine, I took Kira back to Taris, and bought the dark-skinned, Afro-featured customization, and the NPC just popped for me.

I knew by the time I had gotten back to my ship that her name is Tulia Sorenn, and she is a Jedi Consular who partners with my knight on occasion. Sometimes she is support for his assignments, sometimes he is backup and protection for her diplomatic missions. Sometimes they operate independently.

They are not romantic partners, but are on good terms based on mutual respect for the other's strengths and dedication. It is a very egalitarian and professional relationship, and both of them appreciates their arrangement.

With this in mind, I was inspired to get Kira outfitted in level-appropriate gear (I had not previously been motivated to), and now Tulia will be accompanying my Zabrak Jedi Guardian on his adventures, at least until I feel like using T7 again.

Edited by Uluain

After Akaavi joined my smugglers crew she grew closer and closer to Corso and is now staing not out of any sens of duty to my smuggler whom she finds rather dishonest and weak but rather because of the straight arrow that is Corso.