Returning Player with 400 Slicing

Vihar

So I know all about the big slicing nerf way back in the old old republic times. I was fine with that because I actually sliced in the wild with my BH. However, I am coming back to the dark side but I am rolling with a new class this time around. I was planning on setting my BH up as my money maker, running his illicit empire from the comfort of his ship.

I know lockbox missions are not the way to go these days, but does slicing return anything that is worth keeping the skill maxed for selling on GTN?

it was not a nerf. they changed it in Beta. changing stuff in beta is not a nerf. Lockboxes are actually the best way to go. you can get crafting missions which a few of them sell for 30-60k each. when the grade 5-6 missions critical they give back 5-8k in a credit box. if you run 4 lvl 50 characters, all with 400 slicing like i do, you gain a few hundred thousand credits a day without leaving the fleet.

Slicing. still the best.

The purple augment parts at grade 6 still sell well. It's hit and miss as with any gathering skill if you can crit enough to make up for the ones that don't.

Lockboxes are still a very good approach for low effort money making, when missions do come back they are sellable other than the investigation ones. If you're lucky to get a slicing one then you'll be guaranteed those purple mats above.

You can also use the same basis to support your new character, run lockboxes at the lower levels to get a mission they could run.

Thanks gang! Its good to hear that slicing is still somewhat viable. While I think my BH is now retired, he can still run his money laundering front out of his ship! Good! I have never been all that great at playing the GTN game and crafting in my early life seems counter productive.