Illegal Mods/Target Acquired inquiry

DDaMAGEr

Problem comes because of its +30% accuracy buff. Dual Wield modifier is +30%, but secondary weapon has 67% accuracy (+77% at 110% for prim). With lllegal mods it jumps to 107%, what means secondary weapon now hits almost all the time. And so Gunslinger gets +10% total damage increase, because secondary weapon hits always.

Sniper is another matter. It has +20% damage increase, and it doesn't go further with this Accuracy buff, as far as l can understand. So Gunslinger gets +10% more damage increase from lllegal mods, rather than Sniper from Target Acquired.

If that's really thing my suggestion will be following: remove this Accuracy buff and make it work another way: confers immunity to all Accuracy-impairing effects for duration of the power (like diversion, riot gas, oil slick etc) + also armor penetration, or just leave Armor Penetration alone and buff it a bit. Accuracy is much like constant right now, so l don't see any reason for it to be modified by buff powers, rather than countering negative Accuracy modifiers.

Edited by DDaMAGEr

Think you might be a little confused about these abilities. Both skills give +30% accuracy and +15% armor penetration. They also give you +10 energy with the set bonus. The +30% accuracy is not really meant so you don't miss targets, but I believe having accuracy over the cap reduces the defense of your target, so you will end up doing slightly more damage due to it. The armor penetration also just reduces the amount of armor (damage reduction) the target has, so your attacks do slightly more damage due to this as well.

Snipers have a lot of dcds (defensive cooldowns) as it is, so I don't really think this ability should be changed to a defensive. I like that it is a slight dps buff and the fact that is restores energy is helpful to use in your rotation.

Regarding sniper dps vs gunslinger in one weapon vs two, I believe how it works is that sniper has slightly lower base damage compared to gunslinger if offhand had 110% accuracy, but due to the fact that offhand does not makes it miss, which balances the gunslinger dps to that of a sniper.

I may be wrong, but I believe that's how it works. Hope this helps :)

Think you might be a little confused about these abilities. Both skills give +30% accuracy and +15% armor penetration. They also give you +10 energy with the set bonus. The +30% accuracy is not really meant so you don't miss targets, but I believe having accuracy over the cap reduces the defense of your target, so you will end up doing slightly more damage due to it. The armor penetration also just reduces the amount of armor (damage reduction) the target has, so your attacks do slightly more damage due to this as well.

Snipers have a lot of dcds (defensive cooldowns) as it is, so I don't really think this ability should be changed to a defensive. I like that it is a slight dps buff and the fact that is restores energy is helpful to use in your rotation.

Regarding sniper dps vs gunslinger in one weapon vs two, I believe how it works is that sniper has slightly lower base damage compared to gunslinger if offhand had 110% accuracy, but due to the fact that offhand does not makes it miss, which balances the gunslinger dps to that of a sniper.

I may be wrong, but I believe that's how it works. Hope this helps :)

Accuracy that exceeded the defense rating of your target used to offer armor penetration. Now I'm not sure that it provides any bonus at all. The +30 accuracy is really just a way to mitigate dcd's that raise defense rating afaik.

With regard to dual wielding penalties, I wish they would just remove the accuracy penalty altogether and balance the damage output of snipers/slingers and mercs/mandos accordingly. It is a serious disadvantage to have key abilities like priming shot/aimed shot miss with great frequency.

It's always been the case that Illegal mods is a bit stronger for Slinger than the Imperial version is for Sniper, but I don't think it's that much of an advantage as you suggest.

It's because it affects only Ranged damage, not Tech damage. l guess biggest benefit it provides for Sharpshooter/Marksmanship spec.

Also might be even easier fix - just make Dual Wield modifier 20%, not 30%, and its accuracy = 100%.

Edited by DDaMAGEr

It's because it affects only Ranged damage, not Tech damage. l guess biggest benefit it provides for Sharpshooter/Marksmanship spec.

Also might be even easier fix - just make Dual Wield modifier 20%, not 30%, and its accuracy = 100%.

Read the tooltip again, it clearly says it affects ranged AND TECH damage.

Edited by Equeliber

Read the tooltip again, it clearly says it affects ranged AND TECH damage.

The ability affects Ranged and Tech of course, just Dual Wield modifier and things connected to it - i.e. 67% accuracy on secondary weapon affects only WHITE damage. Tech damage increases from Rifle & Vibroknife ("Tech Power" param) for Sniper and from both Blasters for Slinger ("Tech Power" param). Tech accuracy is 100% base value for both slinger & sniper, that's all.