STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch

CourtneyWoods

Bioware, as a current AU player with characters on Swiftsure, what are my options if moving to the Asia-Pac servers results in me playing on a server with a population that is inadequate for finding groups for group content?

What would occur if I sample the lower response times by creating a new character on an Asia-Pac server, and wanted to then move my existing characters to the same server? Would the new character integrate into my existing Legacy?

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Ausies are excited..but what happens to those of us on the current Ausie servers when they all leave and our servers are all but deserted?

Our guild was assigned to The Harbinger. We're a US guild...and already have a very hard time operating during normal US hours since the majority of our server is on Ausie time.

Has there been any plan to combine those servers, or allow us to move to a populated server when/if the majority of our server takes advantage of the move?

You're playing (8PM) when we are working (12PM) so while you will notice a difference, it will only be minor.

You will just be in the same boat as other low pop servers.

I came across several americans talking about this in /1 General, and they were excited to see the back of us :)

Bioware, as a current AU player with characters on Swiftsure, what are my options if moving to the Asia-Pac servers results in me playing on a server with a population that is inadequate for finding groups for group content?

Why should they provide you with options? It's not their fault you chose to roll on a server with a low pop.

The news article says that transfers will occur AFTER the launch, and that we will be given details "early in march".

You expected to be able to xfer to servers BEFORE they are up and running?

And early March can easily mean March 2nd.

You would of been better off asking;

Q. When are xfers going to be active?

Why should they provide you with options? It's not their fault you chose to roll on a server with a low pop.

you missed his point completely. He is asking if he does transfer and ends up on a server that sucks and has a low pop, is bioware going to do anything about it? He is on Swiftsure from memory, which is one of the highest pop servers going around

you missed his point completely. He is asking if he does transfer and ends up on a server that sucks and has a low pop, is bioware going to do anything about it? He is on Swiftsure from memory, which is one of the highest pop servers going around

Thanks Dacce, he did miss my point completely. What if by moving from Swiftsure, the currently most populated server, to an AU server which turns out to be barren because not that many Australians actually want to play the game, what can I do then? It's next to impossible to do any end-game content on a barren server.

Thanks Dacce, he did miss my point completely. What if by moving from Swiftsure, the currently most populated server, to an AU server which turns out to be barren because not that many Australians actually want to play the game, what can I do then? It's next to impossible to do any end-game content on a barren server.

My suggestion is if you are happy on your current server, just stay there and be happy :)

Why take a chance?

My suggestion is if you are happy on your current server, just stay there and be happy :)

Why take a chance?

Better pings and hopefully no twice a week downtime (Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7pm, prime time)

There's also the possibility if they don't have enough servers Australians will wind up with 4 hour queues like Swiftsure on launch, I don't particularly want to go back to that.

Edited by soulbladegt

And the #1 question for me is what about down times,

Why change servers if the downtime is still @ 7 pm one night a week...... and then the extra night to fix there patch...... still at 7 pm.

Please answer these questions

cheers

Better pings and hopefully no twice a week downtime (Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7pm, prime time)

There's also the possibility if they don't have enough servers Australians will wind up with 4 hour queues like Swiftsure on launch, I don't particularly want to go back to that.

Is your current ping bad?

Just curious.

You expected to be able to xfer to servers BEFORE they are up and running?

And early March can easily mean March 2nd.

You would of been better off asking;

Q. When are xfers going to be active?

Yes, it would have been nice to have the ability to sign up for transfers prior to the launch, then have our characters that were marked for transfer ready to play on the server at launch. Like they did with the Guild HQ at early access.

This is good news but raises a few questions ...

* Will we have a list of server names and types prior to the xfer so those of us who are seperated from friends can pre-organise a server to meet up on.

* How will Legacies be handled in the transfers, i have max level imp and level 40 rep on different servers what if i feel like putting them on one server .... will the legacy xp add up ? will i have to move all characters from the original server ? what legacy name will i be allowed to use ?

* Will our maintenance times be different of that from the US ?

* Also although i have it, what about the founder title ? since these are new servers and the game is just being released here ?

I am sure i have only scratched the surface of what people want to know ... as much as I enjoy this game, ever since the early access fiasco, I and I am sure many others have found your vague and uninformative announcements to be quite frustrating, couldnt you have included more ? maybe held of a day or two until you had some usefull information other than it will be available on the first of march and existing players will hear about xfers early march

Is your current ping bad?

Just curious.

Mine aren't, I get about 200ms most days, but I'm one of the lucky ones. My concerns I'm sure are still valid for other people that have worse response times than I do, but are still worried about moving to an underpopulated AU server.

And the #1 question for me is what about down times,

Why change servers if the downtime is still @ 7 pm one night a week...... and then the extra night to fix there patch...... still at 7 pm.

Please answer these questions

cheers

They don't change the times they patch EU servers, why would they change the AU server times? All it will do is encourage lots of people to roll alts on AU servers during their times and vice versa.

* Also although i have it, what about the founder title ? since these are new servers and the game is just being released here ?

My bad I missed part of the announcement ....

Players in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore will also be given the opportunity to receive the Founder’s Medal** – an exclusive in-game title awarded to early players of the game. In order to qualify, players must complete one of the following transactions by Monday, April 30th, 2012, 12:01AM EDT, 2:00AM NZDT; Hong Kong & Singapore: Sunday, April 29th, 2012, 9:01PM HKT, 9:01PM SGT:

•Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic recurring subscription

•Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic 60-Day Pre-Paid Game Time Code

They don't change the times they patch EU servers, why would they change the AU server times? All it will do is encourage lots of people to roll alts on AU servers during their times and vice versa.

While i can understand that the logistics of the patching process mean that it is necessary for all server downtimes to be concurrent, with their launch in the area - it does raise the question of whether the constant downtime during prime-time is 'fair' when regarded in comparison to other areas.

Paying Asia-Pacific timezone customers with jobs currently lose a minimum of one-day's playtime per week (due to downtime encompassing all/most of their playtime on maintenance days): Every time a hotfix goes in, we lose another 'day'.

If the game is to be officially released in an area, and the customers are going to be charged a similar price to people who receive little service impact, it stands to reason that they should question the constant service interruption, both scheduled and unscheduled.

This is good news but raises a few questions ...

* Will we have a list of server names and types prior to the xfer so those of us who are seperated from friends can pre-organise a server to meet up on.

* How will Legacies be handled in the transfers, i have max level imp and level 40 rep on different servers what if i feel like putting them on one server .... will the legacy xp add up ? will i have to move all characters from the original server ? what legacy name will i be allowed to use ?

* Will our maintenance times be different of that from the US ?

I am sure i have only scratched the surface of what people want to know ... as much as I enjoy this game, ever since the early access fiasco, I and I am sure many others have found your vague and uninformative announcements to be quite frustrating, couldnt you have included more ? maybe held of a day or two until you had some usefull information other than it will be available on the first of march and existing players will hear about xfers early march

2nd these questions...

Need a server name list when it's available so we can arrange to meet our existing Allies/Foes

Maintenance times better be no longer in the middle of Aussie prime time (6-8pm Tuesday night...)

& How will legacies be handled with the char transfer?