Developer Blog: The Art of Makeb

CourtneyWoods

Ok, from forum posters I don't expect proper English. But in a dev blog, I have to point out that the word is role. If you see a grassy hillside and it's a sunny day, having a roll would be a lovely thing. It might even make you a roll-player if you make a game out of it. Here, however, we're talking about the role played by the story in inspiring the art, not the tool used to apply paint to the canvas.

This must be the politest grammar naziing I've ever seen :p But yeah, fix it...

Every time I hear of a new mineral in any sci-fi story, and how rare and valuable it is, how it is available only on one particular planet or star system, how wondrous its properties are, I think "Where does it fit into the periodic table ?" Just creating a new "RARE" mineral without creating a backstory for it which explains why it is rare and why it cannot be synthesized in a laboratory shows a lack of ideas on the author's part. Its like an inverse deus ex machina - we need to create a conflict, so lets introduce a wondrous new material. And Star Wars is particularly notorious for egregious use of this device (cortosis weave, mandalorian iron, etc etc).

The screenshots I've seen so far don't match that concept art---or, perhaps it was ingame footage. Whatever. The game version of that art looks childish/cartoonish. Impressive concept art, but mediocre rendering in 3D. It made me think of a more up-to-date WoW scene, to be honest, though I've never played that game (just seen quite a bit of screenies from it).

The name 'isotope 5' is incomplete. Isotope 5 of what, exactly? But, no matter. That makes no difference to me whatsoever.

Overall, I'm just 'meh' about this expansion. But that's just me. Others seem to like it well enough.

Cal

Overall, I'm just 'meh' about this expansion. But that's just me. Others seem to like it well enough.

Cal

I agree. I really won't care about new content until they start fixing the bugs that have been on the Known Issues list for over a year now. I mean really. How freakin' hard can it be to set a program flag so you can talk to your companion in the Drunkard's Vote Cantina on Coruscant? What about some of the other bugs that were introduced with the other new content: F2P, Cartel Market, etc. Which just makes me wonder how many new bugs will be introduced with this new content and will it just get dumped on the Known Issues, or will BW actually try to fix stuff with as much effort as the Cartel Market updates seem to get?