Just because you have multiple 50s.....

DarthKatt

A note to those that want to be arrogant *****s just due to the fact that you have multiple 50's.... it doesn't mean you know everything about those classes... for those that aren't *****s, this doesn't apply to you.

Dealt with a ***** who was a Sentinal, tanking HM False Emp and since that person saw that my heal speced commando was near full ammo when the first boss knocked them off and the 2 DPS ditched the group I get told that my heals sucked because my ammo was full..... So I told them that only 2 heals use ammo and he'd know that if he ever played a healing commando. They then replied that they have a 50 merc and 50 commando. I snickered and promptly put them on ignore.

Moral of the story, know your **** before you start to blame others for failing especially when my heals kept the group up when your 2 melee dps didn't know when to get away from the big attack....

So I told them that only 2 heals use ammo and he'd know that if he ever played a healing commando.

4 of your heals consume ammo: Trauma Probe, Medical Probe, Advanced Medical Probe, and Kolto Bomb, all of which should be used regularly (Kolto Bomb for the +heal buff, Trauma Probe because it's amazingly cost efficient, and MP and AMP because they're your primary heals). If you're going to make a post about other people not knowing your class better than you, it would behoove you to actually *know* your class in the first place.

Edited by Kitru

4 of your heals consume ammo: Trauma Probe, Medical Probe, Advanced Medical Probe, and Kolto Bomb, all of which should be used regularly (Kolto Bomb for the +heal buff, Trauma Probe because it's amazingly cost efficient, and MP and AMP because they're your primary heals). If you're going to make a post about other people not knowing your class better than you, it would behoove you to actually *know* your class in the first place.

Check and mate!

Moral of the story, know your **** before you start to blame others for failing especially when my heals kept the group up when your 2 melee dps didn't know when to get away from the big attack....

And you shouldn't get so defensive when someone is legitimately trying to educate you. You admit it was your fault, you see what you were doing wrong, you improve upon your previous mistakes, and you become a better player.

Complaining about it on the forums is a step backwards, not forward.

Edited by RendValor

Some people who do have multiple 50s, and those people will know something about the class... They played them till 50.

I myself have several 50s and I know alot about each of them, I don't know everything. However if someone is getting something wrong I will help them, likewise with me.

Your post was arrogant and misinformed. You didn't know your own class someone corrected you and you still had a go.

Now learn from your mistakes and stop coming on the forums crying.

A note to those that want to be arrogant *****s just due to the fact that you have multiple 50's.... it doesn't mean you know everything about those classes... for those that aren't *****s, this doesn't apply to you.

Dealt with a ***** who was a Sentinal, tanking HM False Emp and since that person saw that my heal speced commando was near full ammo when the first boss knocked them off and the 2 DPS ditched the group I get told that my heals sucked because my ammo was full..... So I told them that only 2 heals use ammo and he'd know that if he ever played a healing commando. They then replied that they have a 50 merc and 50 commando. I snickered and promptly put them on ignore.

Moral of the story, know your **** before you start to blame others for failing especially when my heals kept the group up when your 2 melee dps didn't know when to get away from the big attack....[/

You play your class and let us play ours:ph_danger:

Op might not know his own class...

but they didn't deserve to be berated over their healing behavior by that tank. Bad healing didn't have a thing to do with the tank & two dps getting blown off a cliff by the boss. And their healing certainly didn't cause the the 2 dps's rage quit - that was probably their own embarasment.

I like how our wonderful forum community just ignored that part and went straight to chanting, "BURN NEEEWWWB"

Eventhough the group the OP was talking about treated them like crap for no reason..

Way ta go guys !!! Keep those newbs in line & encourage them to quit the game before they even learn their class!

Edited by Cleet_Xia

Eventhough the group the OP was talking about treated them like crap for no reason.\

The OP explicitly stated that the "moral of the story" was that people should "know their ****". It's a bit hypocritical to tell other people to "know their ****" when he didn't even know his own (not to mention that the OP said that the tank was a Sent when they're not a tank class). Yes, his group was probably comprised of people that were equally idiotic, but it doesn't really give him the moral authority to act as if he actually knows what he's talking about when he's explicitly wrong.

Dude !!! Don't even act like that boss has never chucked you into the abyss before. I caused a party wipe the first time I did that FP because I was healing and I didn't know about that knock back, and the tank didn't get him all the way to the wall. I caused another party wipe on that boss in HM because I backed off the edge trying to make sure I was out of range.

Just admit you glossed right over all the other stupid stuff in the post, and went straight for "NEWB FLESH !!!!" when you saw how wrong he was about his ammo using heals. I'm sure they were all very flustered by what had just happened.

They had a Sentinel tank? Okay- so the OP doesn't know his ACs at all, got confused about the name of the tank's AC, or none of the players in that group knew jack about what a tank is for. And the tank appearently didn't even understand what killed him.

This event probably went down in Story Mode as well. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he got to cast was hammer shot before it happened. If he cast anything else, his ammo probably regenerated while the tank was stuck in the loading screen. :D

The OP's story is just a funny fail on so many levels. If I had been healing that group, I would have been paralyzed with laughter when they all went off the side. I have seen it happen before, It's hilarious! Cracks me up everytime I see somebody get pwned by that lizard's knock back. I have watched many a noob melee dps take flight because they thought to themselves, "Dis healorz OP! I will stand in dat red AoE thingy and burst in Tregg's face, NAO!!", after the tank explained to them what would happen if they didn't let them position the boss correctly first. :D

To the OP: don't sweat it... everybody has to be a noob sometime, and some people are jackhats. You will have a lot better experiences than that one, just keep playing. Now you know how the mechnic works on that boss.

Just admit you glossed right over all the other stupid stuff in the post

There is a rather substantial difference between glossing over something and simply not commenting on it. I didn't feel the need to comment on it because it was rather obvious that the OP's intent was to point out that having a class at 50 does not make you an expert at playing it, however he pretty much screwed the pooch by not actually knowing his own class or even the abilities for his spec.

The OP pretty much explicitly intended this as a "**** you!" to people telling other people how to play their classes, and he wasn't chastising them for screwing up the mechanics of the fight (which they did). He was chastising them for trying to tell him how to play the game after they had just screwed up (not to mention the various inconsistencies in the story: the DPS were knocked off but he somehow kept them up after they got knocked off even though the knockoff is an insta-gib, the tank was referred to as a Sentinel which calls into question the OPs actual knowledge about the game since it's pretty basic knowledge that Sents are pure DPS and relatively obvious thanks to the dual wielding), not to mention the various expletives that pretty much demonstrate that the OP didn't really post it calmly as a rebuke to those people that tell other people how to play their classes by virtue of having one of those at 50 (I actually do this, but I doubt anyone would make the claim that I don't "know my ****").

The entire situation spoken of by the OP was a monumental comedy of errors, but the fact that the OP chose to specifically call out the behavior of class knowledge based on having other 50s means that, honestly, that factor should be held to a higher standard. Not knowing that his own class and spec has 4 rather than 2 ammo consuming heals while telling other people that they shouldn't think they know more about his class than he does is *massively* hypocritical, which was my entire point. Don't get on your high horse about people needing to stop telling you how to play your own class while simultaneously demonstrating that you don't (like the Balance Shadows that inevitably crop up in the GF that use TkT Balance Sages do or VGs that use Full Auto).

If he had instead elected to say "don't tell me how to play unless you actually know how to play yourself", I would have commented differently since it was pretty obvious that the DPS and tank probably had no idea where to tank the boss or how to avoid dying while the healer was at least partially cogent. But the OP chose to make a case about *class knowledge* which is where the hypocrisy lies and why I called him out on it.

You should have no ammo if a DPS was tanking. Should have been spamming those heals. That is, if you know how Sentinels work. There are multiple issues.

First, you were running a HM with a DPS tank.

Second, you didn't even know how many of your healing abilities use ammo

Third, perhaps you are at fault as well as a sent tank.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Just because you have multiple 50s..... you SHOULD tell people how to play their class. I have quite a few 50s and when I see I am having issues in a daily flashpoint I will not stand by and die pointlessly. All my 50s are Denova nightmare geared and they did not get there if I knew nothing of them. How many times have I been placed in the situation where I tanked with my scoundrel healer because the shadow tank in the FP was using taunts to generate aggro and had shadowstrike proc and shadow's respite in his build? I tell the guy that as a shadow tank, this is your build and rotation. Some accept it and say thanks, others like the OP, make a fuss about it and wipe on content that requires recruit to clear.

When I am with my shadow tank and I see that we enrage on freaking HK in False Emperor, yes that happened yesterday, and I am the only one left standing and kill him because of my gear, I kindly ask the sentinel if he knows his rotation. I play all specs, i know the rotations, it just a matter of procs and speed on he buttons. So the dude was kind of cocky until I told him the build and rotation he needed in ataru.

Bottom line, accept that you don't know how to play your class and improve your skill if you die from an enrage or you fail to heal your tank. If you prefer babysitting while I carry you in that Hm because my sentinel has 1060 bonus force damage, my scoundrel has 800 bonus healing or my shadow tank has 30+ defence, 50% shield and 31k hp, you are only delaying the inevitable when you end up in a group where you will be kicked for no reason and then wonder why.