We need more variety, we need new PvP set bonuses

NoTomorrow

If all Melee DPS are rolling vindicator set bonus, you know that something is wrong with other sets or people just dont have something else good to choose from.

Yeah, the weaponmaster set is a nice to have set (increases utility/defensive skills)

The vindicator 4 piece is a straight up 10% damage increase.

For a DPS based class, there really isn't any choice there.

I hope BW give more breath to pvp and pve setbonusses so that we get more choices for each role we want to play (not just for the warrior class)

I run vindicator on my assassin...I know it gives me absolutely no benefit but remember we are super mega crazy op with whatever spec we play so it really doesn't even matter.

Cycao, despite having a different opinion, you seemed to be a person that prefered intelligent discussion to trolling attempts.

Cycao, despite having a different opinion, you seemed to be a person that prefered intelligent discussion to trolling attempts.

Hey you said "everyone is using a vindicator set bonus" and I was just giving my two cents. To be cereal I have 3 different set bonuses and working on a fourth, I feel fine.

Edited by cycao

I run vindicator on my assassin...I know it gives me absolutely no benefit but remember we are super mega crazy op with whatever spec we play so it really doesn't even matter.

That's because it has the set bonus that gives assassins the dreaded 31/31/31 spec. It's a little known secret, but very handy.

Hey you said "everyone is using a vindicator set bonus" and I was just giving my two cents. To be cereal I have 3 different set bonuses and working on a fourth, I feel fine.

Man has a point.

I only have 2 atm but am gonna have to work on Survivor's set bonus once I min/max the rest of my gear. bleh.

I DO wish that BW would just take set bonuses off of armor almost entirely. Make them earned by getting the appropriate armor, but then let us select whichever ones we want (perhaps making sure you still can only get a 4 piece set bonus if you have the 2 piece activated, never more than 2 set bonuses active at a time).

It would almost be the same as we have now, except I wouldn't be forced to use Tionese/Columi/Rakata shells if I want to use those set bonuses in PVE, and on the flip side scoundrel healers and gunslingers can get access to the better PVP set bonuses without either using BM shells, or now just being straight up SOL (it's counterproductive to use PVP armorings in PVE whereas a lot of min/maxers are already using two PVE armorings in PVP so using campaign/dread guard armorings with set bonuses isn't as counterproductive at first).

Sentinel set bonuses are pretty lackluster in PVP and PVE though so that should be addressed in following patches. I expect the expansion may finally see new set bonuses. We'll see.

How anyone could disagree with this is beyond me. Great idea I'd like to see implemented although they'd probably want to sell the alternative armorings with bonuses separately at each vendor. There's definitely a lot of room for diversification though.

I was writing that assuming that you are smart man and will nderstand that by melee dps i mean marauders and juggernauts, not stealth dps whch in this case would be you. Are you trying to say i made a wrong assumption about you?

Edited by NoTomorrow

I was writing that assuming that you are smart man and will nderstand that by melee dps i mean marauders and juggernauts, not stealth dps whch in this case would be you. Are you trying to say i made a wrong assumption about you?

My mistake in assuming that when you said "everyone" you meant everyone and not warriors/knights.

If all Melee DPS are rolling vindicator set bonus, you know that something is wrong with other sets or people just dont have something else good to choose from.

one of the very VERY few logical complaints on this forum.

I've always been thinking that there should be one set bonus per spec (and so one set of gear per spec), because sometimes the 2 (or 3) DPS specs from the same AC are so different from each other that it forces the set bonus to be something really simple and trivial. For exemple : Shadow's/Assassin's bonus of +5m on slow... nice but somewhat disappointing.

I've always been thinking that there should be one set bonus per spec (and so one set of gear per spec), because sometimes the 2 (or 3) DPS specs from the same AC are so different from each other that it forces the set bonus to be something really simple and trivial. For exemple : Shadow's/Assassin's bonus of +5m on slow... nice but somewhat disappointing.

LOL :) maan! i can interrupt from 40 meters!!!! :D I don't remember when it was the last time i had a good use for this :)

Edited by NoTomorrow