Vaylin - CM Companion

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, it's the box for the cartel market, so I guess it'll work in either. :D

And now there are at least two threads related to it, the one you started and the one with "These are the companions we really want" thing. But I'd still like Vaylin first.

And now there are at least two threads related to it, the one you started and the one with "These are the companions we really want" thing. But I'd still like Vaylin first.

She doesn't have to be first, but a selection of characters in the CM would be a good way for Bioware to milk my wallet.

Darth Zhorrid. OK, probably not, but after the speech about her recital I'd pay to be able to have her with me when we take on Darth Jadus. Besides, she's pretty much Vaylin Mk I. Edited by gamephil

Darth Zhorrid. OK, probably not, but after the speech about her recital I'd pay to be able to have her with me when we take on Darth Jadus. Besides, she's pretty much Vaylin Mk I.

Zhorrid and Vaylin did have quite a bit in common. What happens to her if you don't kill her?

No weirder than having Marr with you after playing KOTFE or Acina after the Traitor arc if you do the silly option and side with the Republic. ;)

And that doesn't even bring up the console. Both of them aren't supposed to be able to be brought with you, it's just a side benefit of how they did the chapters, but the console is working as intended.

Really wish she had been the companion in Chapter 9. Then there wouldn't be as much of a problem. Then again, now I want the CM companion thing for a number of possible companions.

Really wish she had been the companion in Chapter 9. Then there wouldn't be as much of a problem. Then again, now I want the CM companion thing for a number of possible companions.

So basically this? Just label them as clones then everyone can be happy. Bioware gets money and we get companions we would otherwise never have.

So she could be alive to return to the story if and when Jadus returns?

Possibly. I'm not sure I want to see what happens to her, all things considered, if she is still alive, considering what happened to the character that is most similar to her. I'm not interested in a repeat.

Edited by gamephil

So basically this? Just label them as clones then everyone can be happy. Bioware gets money and we get companions we would otherwise never have.

Yeah, exactly that. I agree with something I saw recently, that I"m surprised they haven't done it already. Even mute characters could be fun for some of the people. Maybe they think the characters would be degraded somehow by using them that way. If so, well, I'll leave my opinion of what ruins a character to the imagination.

Yeah, exactly that. I agree with something I saw recently, that I"m surprised they haven't done it already. Even mute characters could be fun for some of the people. Maybe they think the characters would be degraded somehow by using them that way. If so, well, I'll leave my opinion of what ruins a character to the imagination.

Degraded?

Degraded?

I mean that maybe they feel that their characters are not being well served by having them be non-story companions, and was indicating that if that is the opinion, there are other things done with them that are worse.

I don't know that this is the attitude. I was just saying that it's one possible reason that they won't take our money.

I'm going to wager no one thought of it before now. Seems like a win/win for everyone to me.

I hope you're right. I mean, it seems really obvious to me now, so it's hard to believe no one thought of it, but I never did so I don't have any idea why part of me assumes they should have.

I hope you're right. I mean, it seems really obvious to me now, so it's hard to believe no one thought of it, but I never did so I don't have any idea why part of me assumes they should have.

Heh, simple ideas are always better! The Clone Wars has just come back, so there are miracles out there. :D

Possibly. I'm not sure I want to see what happens to her, all things considered, if she is still alive, considering what happened to the character that is most similar to her. I'm not interested in a repeat.

Couldn't be any worse than the characters they brought back to die for the Nathema flashpoint.

Couldn't be any worse than the characters they brought back to die for the Nathema flashpoint.

I still haven't been able to play it due to an odd Internet issue (I think), but I don't think I'll be able to forgive them any time soon for Watcher 2. I admit I was already inclined toward annoyance, though.

I still haven't been able to play it due to an odd Internet issue (I think), but I don't think I'll be able to forgive them any time soon for Watcher 2. I admit I was already inclined toward annoyance, though.

Yeah, looks like I'll never be making my agents side with the Republic. I suppose if watcher 2 is out of the picture too, we could ask for her to be added to the cartel market in addition to Vaylin.

Edited by fishpeople

Ok I've seen this thread popping up forever now and I'm not gonna read the past ten pages, but I have to ask, how do you get a dead character as a companion? :p

Are we going to the hyperrealistic robot/toy territory that was masked to look like Vaylin? (you creep :p)

Or a force ghost that cant actually interact with the physical world almost at all? And can't even stay visible for more than a little while? That sound's like an unreliable companion.

Or did someone on Zakuul kidnap that face-changer doctor on Nar Shadda and cut Vaylin's face on some random NPCs face?

Edited by Kiesu