Who Shot First?

I'm old enough to remember the original.

Greedo didn't shoot at all.

Han was the only one who shot.

Yes, this was a demonstration of how fast Han was supposed to be, after all how can you miss from three feet. The reshoot was to portray Han as essentially good, but this was a man smuggling Spice from the Kessel mines, Spice is an evilly addictive narcotic, with no good side, so Han was anot so nice after all.

Originally it was Han but then George Lucas decided he wanted to be a jerk to the world by changing the scene to make Greedo shoot first. What's even more ridiculous is George Lucas wearing this Han Shot First t-shirt. http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/79/Kelly_and_George.jpg

What an a*hole...

Almost as bad as his having Han say the Millenium Falcon was fast because it did the Kessel run in 12 Parsecs, Parsecs are distance. It's like saying your car is fast because it did the journey to Hull in 12 miles, aaargh.

Almost as bad as his having Han say the Millenium Falcon was fast because it did the Kessel run in 12 Parsecs, Parsecs are distance. It's like saying your car is fast because it did the journey to Hull in 12 miles, aaargh.

Well its explained in the EU since the Kessel run passes dangerously close to black holes you generally have to go the longer way around, to get that close to the Black holes and be ok you have to be moving faster and faster, so the faster your ship the shorter the distance you have to travel since you don't have to give the Black holes such a wider birth.

Mos Eisley is supposed to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Why is it so important that Han gets shot at first then retaliates? I think Greedo sticking a blaster in Han's face is more than enough justification for Han burning a hole in him. Not to mention, Greedo never gets a shot off because he's an idiot.

1) Did not disarm Han before sitting down.

2) Let Han get his hand under the table unseen.

3) Telegraphed his intention of killing Han and delayed.

So the answer is actually "Only Han shot".

Well its explained in the EU since the Kessel run passes dangerously close to black holes you generally have to go the longer way around, to get that close to the Black holes and be ok you have to be moving faster and faster, so the faster your ship the shorter the distance you have to travel since you don't have to give the Black holes such a wider birth.

Actually, if you read the script- it says:

HAN: It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve

parsecs!

Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with

obvious misinformation.

So it was just another bad acting job that everyone has tried to make into something more profound than it actually was.

Anyway back to the thread: I shot the Sheriff! But I did not shoot the Deputy!