Legacy Dirty Kick

JohnForce

Hi,

I would like to know your opinion on Smuggler's Legacy Ability. I really don't like it. I just simply don't know, why Imperials have so amazing abilities like Orbital Strike or Force Choke and with my Smuggler char I am "forced" to kick someone into sensitive parts, for example while playing Jedi. It's okay for Smuggler, but not for other chars, It's wierd. Okay, there are not many abilities which could be used in legacy for all other chars, but Flash Grenade would be perfect I think. It would just finally make sense and be realistic and it would be nice if it was changed by Bioware. I just mean that other abilities are so epic compared with this Dirty Kick.

What do you think?

Edited by JohnForce

Low brow humor never goes out of style, but dirty kick is absolutely useful.

The Imperial classes pass on generally higher level abilities than their Republic counterparts, but that does not automatically make them more useful.

From my perspective, the default HoT ability is the most useful ability of all, but there is some variance for the different classes, roles, and situations.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That being said, I wish that they had changed it around a little and gave a couple of the higher level abilities to Republic legacies.

Whether something is 'better' or not can be argued, but higher level can not be, and to many people they are one and the same.

This is the sort of thing that reinforces the pro-Imperial bias that some people claim the game has (and that has been demonstrated regarding ability imbalances previously).

I agree that Dirty Kick seems hilariously out of place.

Orbital Bombardment. Force Choke. Lightning Storm.

...Kicking a guy in the junk.

I feel that the comedic nature of it (especially when compared to the rest of the galaxy!) really suits the smuggler's style, which is why I welcome it as the Legacy ability. And an extra interrupt is a wildly useful ability, it just isn't the delicious damage that other legacies give.

The Legacy abilities aren't about what's best damage-wise or gameplay-wise or whatever. You can only use them during the 1 minute your Heroic Moment is active anyway. They're flavor, passed down from one character to another as part of your Legacy. They're supposed to be iconic of the class they represent, which Dirty Kick certainly is. It definitely encompasses the Smuggler's comedic and somewhat raunchy demeanor.

What I don't understand is why the Legacy abilities aren't available for normal use? Using them in a heroic moment which only lasts for like 20 seconds and has a cooldown of 20 mins doesn't give me much incentive to use them at all. Just my opinion of course.

The reason they did that is not all players have multiple level 50 and that could give someone an advantage in pvp from my understanding and they didn't want one person to have an advantage than someone else.

And now people are complaining about being able to groin kick somebody. To be brutally honest, I think a Dirty Kick/Force Choke/Flamethrower combo is by far the single best way to mess somebody up I've ever seen in a video game. I'm genuinely surprised SWTOR can get away with a T rating.

I think questioning this is worse than when all the newbie Jedi and Sith players came in and honestly wandered why their lightsabers weren't just one-shotting other players. If you want to ROFLstomp everything and be a Force-mad Jedi, some great games for you would be any of the Jedi Knight or Force Unleashed games. Heck, even Battlefront 2 had it's moments. One time I was playing Darth Maul and one-shotted a tank with my Sprint attack :D

Preferably Jedi Knight. Mad love for Kyle Katarn and his beard.

Edited by Malles

Dirty Kick is one of the coolest moves in the game. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

I agree; I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Kicking a droid in the bolts is never going to get old.

And then there's the sweet satisfaction of (spoiler for smuggler storyline)

Finishing off that ship-stealing scum Skavik with the boot to the bollocks he so richly deserves.