WZ Backfill in 1.4 not working

FeralPug

Hello,

Loving the changes in 1.4 to classes and resolve. <Hex> is havin' a blast.

We have noticed that backfill is not working in WZ's. If one of my 4-man misses a queue pop, we often end up playing a WZ with 7, even though the person who missed the pop will return and requeue/still be queued.

A fix for this would be great as it has resulted in some pretty miserable games.

But winning with 6~7 people is so much fun :p

Even had a Novare Coast with 6 people, and 1 had never PvPed before, so might as well have been 5.

But on a more serious note, me and my friends have a policy now where (if we're grouped together) we leave a warzone if an 8th person doesn't join before the game starts. And don't call us baddie leavers, 'cause we announce it in chat that we'll leave if an 8th doesn't appear.

Have played a bunch of 6 and 7 players on team matches since the patch. Usually results in a quick loss for us as the opposing team has 1 or 2 more players than we do. Also, sometimes if someone leaves, they are not replaced. The other day we had a Civil War match were three people left in within the first 2-3 minutes. We had to play the rest of the match with only 5 (warzone was never aborted due to this). Obviously all the 5 of us did was just sit around defending the one turret we had till that nightmare was over, lol. Edited by Solarenergy

Hello,

Loving the changes in 1.4 to classes and resolve. <Hex> is havin' a blast.

We have noticed that backfill is not working in WZ's. If one of my 4-man misses a queue pop, we often end up playing a WZ with 7, even though the person who missed the pop will return and requeue/still be queued.

A fix for this would be great as it has resulted in some pretty miserable games.

Was watching 7-man teams(in /who) from rep side all morning, while solo queued. I bug reported it, but will likely get the bot reply. lol

Edited by RGMetal

I'm not a Trouble Ticket guy, but I submitted numerous Trouble Tickets for this issue over the weekend. It just kept happening on both of the Servers I play. Starting with 6 or 7 and never getting a backfill. One Huttball match started with only 5 (I thought that wasn't possible). Some cases peeps left the WZ match before it started and there was no backfill, others just never filled up even though I know Guildmates were queued up and waiting to get into WZs.

The Queues in 1.3 worked great. BW pushed through this backfill fix in 1.4 and now the queues are messed up. Please fix asap. And receiving at least one response to my several open tickets would be nice. Customer service fail.

I'm tired of running the entire match with 6 players as well.

It's not only the backfill, it's also that people keep on getting booted out of the game when they join a WZ + bugged backfill = constant 6 and 7 player matches on one side.

• Dev Post
Thanks for your patience in waiting for a response to this concern (I know there are a few other threads about this issue, as well). I can confirm that we're looking into what's causing this, and that we'll be working on a fix for it; in the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for the reports - we'll keep you updated if we get new information to share!

Thanks for your patience in waiting for a response to this concern (I know there are a few other threads about this issue, as well). I can confirm that we're looking into what's causing this, and that we'll be working on a fix for it; in the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for the reports - we'll keep you updated if we get new information to share!

Thanks for replying to us Allison, and glad a fix is pending.

I think i may have identified the cause of the whole backfill problem. I noticed that if you get a warzone pop and allow the timer to expire the pvp icon in the corner of your screen continues to blink. Prior to 1.4 it would turn off. When this happened to me i was in fourman premade and in vent. My guildies reported that the warzone was stuck at 7 players. I then removed myself from que, requed, and immediatley got a pop and joined them in warzone about 4 minutes late.

It seems the system is registering you as filling the spot and leaving the icon blinking when your not there because you missed the que timer. Hope this helps.