Game Update 1.1: ‘Rise of the Rakghouls’ Coming Jan. 17th!

CourtneyWoods

I've only just reached the planet Taris as Jedi Guardian a week ago and have been leveling and XP'ing up and farming to prepare for what lies ahead. But having played both KOTOR and KOTOR II......

SPOILER:

Didn't Revan discover or help the Taris Doctor create the cure for the Rakghoul plague 300 years ago (depending upon what story path direction you took) :confused:

FYI, there is a SPOILER tag that you can use for things like that. When you post or edit a post, it's the last icon on the second line, the one that looks like a gear.

Specifically:

This is a spoiler! :D

Just FYI.

Edited by JarenVestrit

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only just reached the planet Taris as Jedi Guardian a week ago and have been leveling and XP'ing up and farming to prepare for what lies ahead. But having played both KOTOR and KOTOR II......

SPOILER:

Didn't Revan discover or help the Taris Doctor create the cure for the Rakghoul plague 300 years ago (depending upon what story path direction you took) :confused:

The planet was decimated by Malak's warships, I doubt they had time to disperse the cure and hunt/kill any remaining Rakghouls.

It sounds interesting. But I must admit that I'm more interested in fining out about when we'll be seeing some new features, or features that were removed from beta but will return. Specifically, color matching for our armor. I really want to see that feature come back.

And also, will there ever be any updates to the CE and security key vendors? Supposedly they were going to get various updates but since launch the vendors have been pretty lacking in anything decent and have been rather disappointing.

A flashpoint and three ops bosses.

That is the last thing this game needs right now.

This is true.

UI fix/redesign/whatever and some sort of LFD (even if same-server-only) are desperately needed, and given the lack of healers on my server, I'd say dual specs as well.

I just went ahead and translated the first Aurebesh sign that shows up, since I was curious to see what it said.

MOOOONLI?HT

TNGAESIT (TISEAGNT?)

Everything on the second line is upside down, and the "O" used on the top line is a double "OO" letter, and the seventh letter looks like a "G" in real life, but isn't an actual Aurebesh letter.

Just found that interesting.

End game wasn't tested on PTR. Following our current experience with end game content and Bioware's inability to test for bugs, I'm betting that almost every current Operation bug will still exist as well as more existing because of new bosses. Patch does relatively nothing for end game, or anything at all really. It's a pathetic patch.

i'm ok with the bug fixes, but i'm totally not happy with such an early content update. let ppl experience the beginning of the game fully, find a guild, start to raid , or they will never even understand how the game works or where things are. not everyone has played beta for a year, and even less ppl had access to the game 7 days before the official release, being lvl 50 when others were lvl 1

these are the things that make ppl wanna quit and stop paying for a game.

i'm ok with the bug fixes, but i'm totally not happy with such an early content update. let ppl experience the beginning of the game fully, find a guild, start to raid , or they will never even understand how the game works or where things are. not everyone has played beta for a year, and even less ppl had access to the game 7 days before the official release, being lvl 50 when others were lvl 1

these are the things that make ppl wanna quit and stop paying for a game.

Just so you know they have two dev teams on this project. One that sole life is fixing bugs and one that works on content. It is possable do both.

But wait you say why dont they just have everyone work on bugs? Coding is not something you want to have to many people working on the same part at the same time. It would be like having 20 editers all try to correct a novel by handing each one a few pages. It might get done fast but you would also end up with more controdictions then your started with.

Less cooks better stew. And we got people making the dessert too. Win Win.

Edited by Saice

Wow new flashpoint, that was pretty quick. With the holidays over I'm only just starting to settle down to try the existing ones.. had to roll a "solo" toon while family was visiting and kids were home. Man I already felt behind, but I'm sure there are plenty of other people that this news will make very happy~

It sounds interesting. But I must admit that I'm more interested in fining out about when we'll be seeing some new features, or features that were removed from beta but will return. Specifically, color matching for our armor. I really want to see that feature come back.

And also, will there ever be any updates to the CE and security key vendors? Supposedly they were going to get various updates but since launch the vendors have been pretty lacking in anything decent and have been rather disappointing.

I think there are far more important things for them to be doing at the moment. Wouldn't mind some additions to the vendors in the future, but I'm fine with what they have for now...

While it is nice to see 'new content' coming out, I agree with others, that I would rather see improvements to the game first.

I would have been more pleased if we has seen BW pushing forward with efforts to improve the game at a faster pace, rather than adding more content that will still be affected by the issues people have with the current state of the game as a whole.