Alacrity any good for Mako?

grinkor

alacrity is great for healing companions,

they have no resource so they can cast their spells all day long, all they're limited to is cooldowns.

the faster they can cast the less of a chance you'll end up dead and the more heals they can throw out while still doing some damage in between cooldowns.

hands down alacrity is the best stat for healing companions, and any companions with long cast time like gault

Alacrity is a waste on Mako, all except one healing ability (Med Scan) are instant casts. Personally better off going for Power, Tech Power, most of all then Critical and Surge for secondary stats. Since she is cooldown locked being able to cast a 2 second ability a bit quicker which itself has a cooldown leads to no real gain. It isn't like she can spam heal the same ability which is where faster cast times mean something. Edited by Astares

@ Darken, That is exactly what i thought.

However if alacrity, tech power, critical and surge affect Mako's healing, which one is more benefficial?

If i understand correctly:

Alacrity reduces healing abilities cooldown

Tech power increases healing

Critical and surge also increase healing but make her healing a bit more spikey and unpredictable

I was wondering in terms of benefit per point and considering diminishing returns which one is better to stack.

For instance these numbers were taken from a commando thread:

Results as follows (one more point of X is worth Y Healing Bonus):

1 Point of Stat = X Bonus Healing Per Second

Power 0.43339067655722

Aim 0.43457265043219

Cunning 0.034346616537505

Crit 0.12849879632176

Surge 0.51131034172636

Alacrity 0.12608572802696

Does it work in the same way for companions?

Looking at these numbers surge seems to be better than alacrity for instance.

Edited by grinkor

Alacrity is a waste on Mako, all except one healing ability (Med Scan) are instant casts. Personally better off going for Power, Tech Power, most of all then Critical and Surge for secondary stats. Since she is cooldown locked being able to cast a 2 second ability a bit quicker which itself has a cooldown leads to no real gain. It isn't like she can spam heal the same ability which is where faster cast times mean something.

It's not all about cast times, its about the amount of time the skill takes to refresh too. Since most of her skills are longer than the GCD(1.5s), Alacrity is pretty nice.

Honestly guys it's up to the player, do you want her hitting you more times with lower heals, or do you want her hitting you with heals a bit slower, but with bigger numbers? That depends totally on choice and playstyle there IS NO RIGHT ANSWER. Well, maybe there would be if we had logs and parsing, but we don't... so getting down to the nitty gritty theorycrafting doesnt really work.

I honestly give her a bit of everything, make her well rounded...if you only stack power, think of all the wasted overheal your getting from her.

Edited by Damarak

Well i think bigger heals on longer cooldown give her the chance of throwing some damage in between whereas more heals would force her to use more global cooldowns on healing abilities (as alacrity does not lower GCD). Still benefit would be marginal...

My point is that if surge is so much better than alacrity it would be worth swapping some mods to replace +alacrity with +surge.

Edited by grinkor

for a healer, bigger heals vs more heals, more heals would always win

this is because when your heals are on cooldown, or long cast time, that just means more time for you to die in. but if you can cast faster, or cast more heals, that window of death time is shortened.

but this only matters if the amount heals within that time is equal to the amount you would have gotten with that big heal.