Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

Vitas

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duros and Rodian would be kick butt bounty hunters.

But also some of those species arent expanded universe and would need much explaining if incorporated. Ewoks cant space travel, and Endor's only significance in the world of star wars is that is holds the second death star's shield generator. But any average species I could see. And dont get me wrong, I would love to have an Ewok as a companion.

Duros and Rodian would be kick butt bounty hunters.

But also some of those species arent expanded universe and would need much explaining if incorporated. Ewoks cant space travel, and Endor's only significance in the world of star wars is that is holds the second death star's shield generator. But any average species I could see. And dont get me wrong, I would love to have an Ewok as a companion.

Wookieepedia is your one stop for anything Star Wars related if unsure about anything. During this period, the Republic has a secret bio-lab on the forest moon. Because of how primitive the Ewoks are, they'd be best suited as companions but to have the chance of meeting one, you'd have to visit the world unless you met a slave trader who had kidnapped one.

Edited by Vitas

Nautolans are a must!

Definately agree, especially as they appear to speak basic fluently. As more Star Wars fans start to play, they want to be able to play as some of their favourite characters, one of them being Kit Fisto and if they've been watching the Clone Wars recently, maybe also Zatt.

FOR PLAYABLE SPECIES: Ones I want: Duros, Nautolans (Bengel Morr and Kit Fisto's species), Togruta, Chagrians, Devaronians, Evocii, and Voss. Also for those who don't know, there is a certain rule to playable species. You have to imagine that species making out with Princess Leia due to the romance in the game and no really beast looking species such as wookies, ewoks, gamoreans, etc. Cathar is ok due to no whiskers and no tail and they look human enough. I'm sorry if I bursted your imagination but I just wanted you guys to know that no matter how hard you push, they won't accept certain species. Also, Bothans seem unlikely as a species since they aren't in the current universe. With Ithorians, I can't imagine them making out with any companion on account of they don't really have a mouth. Weequay might be possible but unlikely. Gands don't have mouths in game except their mask so it would most likely not happen. Selkath, I would really like this species, but I just don't think it could work since none of them speak basic and i doubt they have the money to record the different voices for the species. Trandoshans are too lizardy but I would enjoy being one. Rodians are too animal looking but it might happen. Kaleesh as much as I would love wearing bone masks, how could they kiss the companion with a mask in the way. Just letting you guys know that I'm really for some of these species, but I just want to point out that unfortunately a lot of these species will not happen. Also you have to think about species currently in the game, not playable. There are no Bothans or Ewoks for they don't even exist in this time or are too primitive to help. Also, I don't know if anyone is pushing for this, but Rakata, Tusken Raider, and Gree won't work. Rakata and Gree are too powerful and why would they bother becoming Sith or Jedi when they have technology. Tusken Raiders can't work due to they wear masks and we don't know what they look like underneath.

FOR COMPANIONS: Pretty much with Time Flow as I stated above, but other than that a lot of species could work. An Esh-ka companion seems unlikely but hey, stranger things have happened. What I would really like is a new companion with different species and abilities for each class with their own mysterious story that you can influence. For example, a chiss companion for the Agent whose part in the story is that they are from a organization secretly trying to kill you but the chiss is actually the only thing keeping you alive. And maybe the Bounty Hunter's could be a Trandoshan light skinned with a rifle that has no loyalty to anyone.

Edited by GragorArtis
Because I can

FOR PLAYABLE SPECIES: Ones I want: Duros, Nautolans (Bengel Morr and Kit Fisto's species), Togruta, Chagrians, Devaronians, Evocii, and Voss. Also for those who don't know, there is a certain rule to playable species. You have to imagine that species making out with Princess Leia due to the romance in the game and no really beast looking species such as wookies, ewoks, gamoreans, etc. Cathar is ok due to no whiskers and no tail and they look human enough. I'm sorry if I bursted your imagination but I just wanted you guys to know that no matter how hard you push, they won't accept certain species. Also, Bothans seem unlikely as a species since they aren't in the current universe. With Ithorians, I can't imagine them making out with any companion on account of they don't really have a mouth. Weequay might be possible but unlikely. Gands don't have mouths in game except their mask so it would most likely not happen. Selkath, I would really like this species, but I just don't think it could work since none of them speak basic and i doubt they have the money to record the different voices for the species. Trandoshans are too lizardy but I would enjoy being one. Rodians are too animal looking but it might happen. Kaleesh as much as I would love wearing bone masks, how could they kiss the companion with a mask in the way. Just letting you guys know that I'm really for some of these species, but I just want to point out that unfortunately a lot of these species will not happen. Also you have to think about species currently in the game, not playable. There are no Bothans or Ewoks for they don't even exist in this time or are too primitive to help. Also, I don't know if anyone is pushing for this, but Rakata, Tusken Raider, and Gree won't work. Rakata and Gree are too powerful and why would they bother becoming Sith or Jedi when they have technology. Tusken Raiders can't work due to they wear masks and we don't know what they look like underneath.

FOR COMPANIONS: Pretty much with Time Flow as I stated above, but other than that a lot of species could work. An Esh-ka companion seems unlikely but hey, stranger things have happened. What I would really like is a new companion with different species and abilities for each class with their own mysterious story that you can influence. For example, a chiss companion for the Agent whose part in the story is that they are from a organization secretly trying to kill you but the chiss is actually the only thing keeping you alive. And maybe the Bounty Hunter's could be a Trandoshan light skinned with a rifle that has no loyalty to anyone.

We've discussed about that earlier in the thread which I'm not sure if you've seen. Yes there will be issues with romance but nothing that should stop the possibility of any species becoming playable. Like currently how there are restrictions for which gender can romance specific companions, there'd be further in place as to which species can or could romance a certain companion. I don't think a female Wookiee would have any problem making out with Bowdaar.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I would absolutely LOVE to see a Wampa as a companion character, though I have no idea what class he'd be for. :D

Would love to see Wampa but I bet bioware will say that having a wampa companion is too overpowerful. But I hope we at least get a average sized wampa or like a baby wampa pet. Who could be tank/dps.

We've discussed about that earlier in the thread which I'm not sure if you've seen. Yes there will be issues with romance but nothing that should stop the possibility of any species becoming playable. Like currently how there are restrictions for which gender can romance specific companions, there'd be further in place as to which species can or could romance a certain companion. I don't think a female Wookiee would have any problem making out with Bowdaar.

I did not read it, but I don't think that would work since Bowdaar isn't romanceable. Also, no wookie speaks Basic, so how would they fit the voices in which would designate each class? And if they did consider it, they'd have to make a new height character creation option since wookies are abnormally tall compared to other species.

I did not read it, but I don't think that would work since Bowdaar isn't romanceable. Also, no wookie speaks Basic, so how would they fit the voices in which would designate each class? And if they did consider it, they'd have to make a new height character creation option since wookies are abnormally tall compared to other species.

Of course Bowdaar isn't romanceable with any of the current choices but doesn't mean he couldn't be with another Wookiee player. Again romance shouldn't be an issue as there could be further restrictions in place for which species can romance which companion. Of course Wookiees don't speak basic, but again that shouldn't be an issue. If the player was a Wookiee or any sort of non-basic speaking species, then their dialogue could be substituted with their language in place. Height isn't an issue either as the camera automatically aligns with either of the player's or NPC's eyeline as shown a while back with the minature player bug.

I think it's best that with any possible playable species to keep an open mind on how they could work and be implemented. Rather than just saying 'No', we should try to see as many possible ways they could be introduced as there's always some sort of surprise that could happen with the game.

Edited by Vitas

I think it's best that with any possible playable species to keep an open mind on how they could work and be implemented. Rather than just saying 'No', we should try to see as many possible ways they could be introduced as there's always some sort of surprise that could happen with the game.

Assigning every possibility the same amount of credibility isn't providing as much quality in your feedback as you could be. Realism and focus is a good thing. Having an "open mind" should not be equated with being willfully ignorant of the game's structure, its resources and various developer statements.

I'm not saying (and neither was the person you were quoting) that we should just say, "No," and ignore the possibilities, but the problems need to be acknowledged, not dismissed. And a lot of these problems are more severe than you tend to treat them - for example, simply saying, "I don't mind," regarding alien voiceovers is not adequately addressing the severity of that particular barrier.

Edited by CelCawdro

Assigning every possibility the same amount of credibility isn't providing as much quality in your feedback as you could be. Realism and focus is a good thing. Having an "open mind" should not be equated with being willfully ignorant of the game's structure, its resources and various developer statements.

I'm not saying (and neither was the person you were quoting) that we should just say, "No," and ignore the possibilities, but the problems need to be acknowledged, not dismissed. And a lot of these problems are more severe than you tend to treat them - for example, simply saying, "I don't mind," regarding alien voiceovers is not adequately addressing the severity of that particular barrier.

Well neither of anything which we say on how it could and should be implemented means it will be. Developer statements also change from time to time on a particular subject as we've seen in the past. Granted I'm happy to see the species made playable in any sort of way even if it means creating a new class just to play as them, but I'm just expressing how I feel on the subject just like you are. Anything is possible.

Of course Bowdaar isn't romanceable with any of the current choices but doesn't mean he couldn't be with another Wookiee player. Again romance shouldn't be an issue as there could be further restrictions in place for which species can romance which companion. Of course Wookiees don't speak basic, but again that shouldn't be an issue. If the player was a Wookiee or any sort of non-basic speaking species, then their dialogue could be substituted with their language in place. Height isn't an issue either as the camera automatically aligns with either of the player's or NPC's eyeline as shown a while back with the minature player bug.

Door frames. Tight gaps and so on.

Body type 3 and 4 already have issues which do not allow them to pass through certain objects because they are too "wide."

Door frames. Tight gaps and so on.

Body type 3 and 4 already have issues which do not allow them to pass through certain objects because they are too "wide."

Not all Wookiees are tall either. The assumption with the player is that they may be already in their late 20s or 30s, the Wookiee player wouldn't be near their prime and supposably not as tall as your average fully-grown one. Granted Wookiees are known to grow quick in mass but not all of them are the same height; not all Wookiees have brown hair.

• 2 weeks later...
Massassi anyone? haha but seriously they do need to add more races in this game.

Any species which is near extinction I think would be great to make playable. Just like the Pure Sith, the Taung, Rakata and even the Massassi would be on the verge of extinction and the long conflict which takes place could be their last involvement in galactic history.