Valiant Jedi Armor Set

redsovereign

So they finally added the hooded down version of the legacy JK heavy armor. Only took like 50 years and for some reason couldn't be done before the Cartel Market, nice though that its a whole set and its equippable at lvl 1.

Would be nice bioware if you could add the hooded down version of the normal jedi robe, I mean that robe that all jedis on Tython is wearing.

Edited by redsovereign

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't so extremely expensive compared to the other sets (it doesn't even have a single mod in it and it's still more expensive!), it'd be a great seller on the GTN for the people who want some quick credits. Just the leg guards should bring in several million a piece (notice how they're the same as the ones worn by the Jedi on the log in screen!). But the set as a whole is simply too expensive, even when broken into pieces for seperate sale.

Same with the Sith one. It's a nice set, and the seperate pieces are definitely useful to a variety of classes. But it's simply too expensive for a set that doesn't even come with mods.

Though I figure they're more expensive because of the belt and bracers that are included in these ones. The previous sets didn't have those.

If it wasn't so extremely expensive compared to the other sets (it doesn't even have a single mod in it and it's still more expensive!), it'd be a great seller on the GTN for the people who want some quick credits. Just the leg guards should bring in several million a piece (notice how they're the same as the ones worn by the Jedi on the log in screen!). But the set as a whole is simply too expensive, even when broken into pieces for seperate sale.

Same with the Sith one. It's a nice set, and the seperate pieces are definitely useful to a variety of classes. But it's simply too expensive for a set that doesn't even come with mods.

Though I figure they're more expensive because of the belt and bracers that are included in these ones. The previous sets didn't have those.

Ye well the prob is that the legacy armor actually looks better but its hood down, usually I just take the consular orange lvl 11 robe that has a visable hood and combine that with the rest of the legacy heavy set. Looks really good :)

But ye its a little bit expensive, esp the sith warrio one which is a worse version of hte legacy armor

No, you'll have to switch the mods

To add to that: there is no gear in game that "automatically levels up with the player". No idea where people ever got the assumption that things would, I noticed people made the exact same assumption about unlocking HK on a lower level character.

To add to that: there is no gear in game that "automatically levels up with the player". No idea where people ever got the assumption that things would, I noticed people made the exact same assumption about unlocking HK on a lower level character.

many games got armor set you can buy for some extra cash that upgrades as you level up, just assumed that this was the same thing because of the price. But then again, I've just started so don't know that much about the currency

many games got armor set you can buy for some extra cash that upgrades as you level up, just assumed that this was the same thing because of the price. But then again, I've just started so don't know that much about the currency

I thought only WoW had heirloom armor? I've never played any other MMORPG that has someting similar but I might just have been missing out.

so should I wait , or buy it? :p

started the game yesterday, so still learning :) thanks for the reply

If you really like how it looks, then go for it, though it might be available at a discount sometime.

It's moddable gear, which basically means you can update the statistics on the item by replacing the modifications. Modifications can be crafted, bought for planet commendations, bought for credits (though those are usually lower quality than the commendation ones) and bought on the GTN. It's basically a cosmetics systems, for players who run into something they really like the looks of, so they can settle on that look. Sometimes it's a full set that gives them the look they want, sometimes they combine gear from different sources and sets into something that suits them.

If you are going after that piece for the stat then don`t. Cartel market stuff is always there for the cosmetic part. If you like the looks of it then yes you can buy it but you`ll have to keep it updated with mods through your levelling.

Too bad it's on cartel market, it's expensive and it's a year after launch but otherwise it's just awesome. It's not even recolored Guardian Exalted/Jedi Battlelord. It's something totally new.

Hmm... are you disappointed that it is a new model? I think it is fun when we get something new into the game.

Hmm... are you disappointed that it is a new model? I think it is fun when we get something new into the game.

I think he means that it sucks that a brand new model can't be grinded for. You need to spend... nearly 20$ for it... It's a shame... I want it, but I only want the chest piece...

I think he means that it sucks that a brand new model can't be grinded for. You need to spend... nearly 20$ for it... It's a shame... I want it, but I only want the chest piece...

You can grind for it, just prepare the credits and buy it on GTN.

I bought all the Cartel Items that i want with credits :)