Ranked does not queue if you are under 1000 rating

Latitudes-

During prime time, if you happen to be learning ranked pvp, suck at it, or have just plain bad luck, as soon as you drop below 1000 rating queues no longer pop. This is a real problem with ranked. It causes players to be overly cautious and not queue up again if they lose one match in a day, come up against a hard team, or have network issues.

It also makes it impossible to climb back up the ranks during a given season. Too bad if you have gotten better, or had bad luck and dropped down to 999.

I am assuming there are different brackets for the queue, and that once people drop below 1000 they just don't bother queuing anymore?

I'll admit I'm not the best player around, but I can hold my own. However between players either dropping, throwing, or being in pve gear the solo queue is hell. I made the mistake of banging my head against the queue one day and went from 1200 to 970.

I shouldn't be punished with not being able to queue again this season because I didn't stop playing ranked and wanted to keep getting better.

During prime time, if you happen to be learning ranked pvp, suck at it, or have just plain bad luck, as soon as you drop below 1000 rating queues no longer pop. This is a real problem with ranked. It causes players to be overly cautious and not queue up again if they lose one match in a day, come up against a hard team, or have network issues.

It also makes it impossible to climb back up the ranks during a given season. Too bad if you have gotten better, or had bad luck and dropped down to 999.

I am assuming there are different brackets for the queue, and that once people drop below 1000 they just don't bother queuing anymore?

If you got poor nerves and low emotion control, don't q for Solo Ranked, suck on it, if you can't hack it, there's always Group Ranked and you got no more worries . . .

I find this really hard to believe.

I have never gotten below 1,000 rating before, but if what you are describing is true, then no-one will ever go too much below 1,000? Once they reach 990 or so, they will never go down anymore because they will never get a game again?

I would imagine a 4s ranked team that has no synergy built up yet and is new to the level of play will go 1-9 or 2-8 to start. That definitely starts you around 1000 or possibly lower. You'd be punishing those who want to get better and compete in the highest form of pvp this game has. In case you haven't noticed ,we need more teams.

I would lower your bracket down to 500. No one below 500 is actually playing the game. They are either trolling or the multibox counterpart of someone q'ing solo ranked.

Edited by EnzoForMe

If you ever drop below 1000 rating i think a little more than bad luck is going on.

Evo, you can easily get a bad streak on your initial 10 games and go under 1000; I did. And since I did fairly well the last two seasons (and that a lot of people regocnize me as not the worst commando around), I'd wager to say that you are wrong this time.

However! If you get a good start and then end up in the ********, then it's more or less your own fault (the difference being how quickly you gain/lose rating when comparing the 10 first games to the rest of the games).

I have a character that's at around 870ish right now. I don't think I can get ranked to pop anymore either.

(The story is that one night I really, really wanted to get my daily done and let myself get farmed by a pub pre-made for like 15 matches in a row. Lesson learned.) I'd like to be able to pull that character out of the gutter, but whatever. Solo ranked is kind of just for laughs anyway.