Small changes that would add up.

Aaoogaa

Small changes that would help gunnery atm as well as commando in general:

Explosive shot reduced to 2 ammo cost

Reactive shield bumped up to 50% damage reduction or on a 1 min cooldown.

Root on concussive charge knock back.

Cryo to 30 meters again.

Charged barrier bumped back to 10%.

Stock strike knockback returned WITH the 4 second root.

Sticky grenade add a 4 second root to it or add a web grenade.

Provide the tools to allow the commando to have the utility that sage/scoundrel have and even vanguard. None of this increases our damage output for pve...even though we could use a boost for pvp. We cannot build any sort of viable hybrid spec because of how our talent trees are tied into our ammo buffs. Therefore, the class needs more flexability built into its abilities.

Small changes that would help gunnery atm as well as commando in general:

Cryo to 30 meters again.

Provide the tools to allow the commando to have the utility that sage/scoundrel have and even vanguard. None of this increases our damage output for pve...even though we could use a boost for pvp. We cannot build any sort of viable hybrid spec because of how our talent trees are tied into our ammo buffs. Therefore, the class needs more flexability built into its abilities.

Web grenade sounds cool :D Overall all your suggestions sounds good.

Finally a sensible suggestion list that doesn't cross the line into stupidly OP. Was PvPing on my van today for the first time. Stopped PvPing a while back on my commando as I just got tired of how hard I had to work. Fresh eyes and what not, I was violently reminded of the KB/root that other classes get, multiple stuns, AoE stuns, multiple roots, etc. meanwhile we had some half-assed snares on our commandos.

Of course, the other BIG thing they could do is let you be STUNNED no more than once every 30 secs. Screw this resolve bar crap.

i assume you mean explosive round. a fine idea, not like it does much more than basic attack damage anyway.

both a bit much i think. uninterruptability during the duration i could certainly see though, and more generally a small adjustment to armor rating, namely a slightly greater advantage to heavy armor and slightly less gain from tank stance (coupled with the ability to shield tech/force), but i digress

frankly i just dont like homogenized classes, and that's a slinger thing.

Cryo to 30 meters again.

agreed, only for commandos, and likewise sage stun (but not shadow) gets back range as well

if heavy armor doesn't make the difference that it should, this is a fine alternative

i like the knockback, but again don't like the root, especially on such a short cooldown.

again, roots aren't (or shouldn't be) a commando thing. this is the 'more firepower solves everything' ac. sticky is in a nice place right now, it's decent damage for being situational (on the run for mandos, at range for pts) and can be a lifesaver when used as a last gasp cap stopper or for pulling stealthers out

i'd like to add:

mortar volley slows affected targets and/or loses the minimum range

pulse cannon (talented, as part of stockstrike root/kb likely) places a stacking accuracy (and not just melee/range) debuff on affected targets. i like this because of the little dance it theoretically forces, rewarding the player who best controls movement to stay out of the channel/ keep enemies in the channel, or at least force the enemy to use an interrupt/stun on it instead of a more rotational move

concussion missile instant cast for arsenal

grav round 3 or 4% slow per stack, possibly as a replacement of the full auto one

the reduced cast time on avanced medical probe being separate from the HiB buff.

and of course the classics like disengage and threat dump forcing a loss of target upon near enemies